Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/19/2017 10:42:49 AM EDT
Seems like you have a little saber rattling but apart from that no.

But obviously because of history Poland is naturally jumpy. Do you think their concerns are justified or just being overly cautious?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Russia is “interested” in everything on their border.
View Quote
OLE FPNI strikes again.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask Crimea about how serious the Russians can be.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I doubt if the Russians want to invite war with NATO.  They're busy with Syria.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Poland is Russia's buffer to the West...always was so Russia is always interested in Poland.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But obviously because of history Poland is naturally jumpy. Do you think their concerns are justified or just being overly cautious?
View Quote

Justified.

Not only at Russia but also Germany. Merkel is trying to invade Poland using "refugees."
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Simpsons Tide - Soviet Union
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#8]
They truly despise one another, so I'm sure that doesn't help.

For the record, Go Poland!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I doubt if the Russians want to invite war with NATO.  They're busy with Syria.
View Quote
 Not very. Their total force commitment isn't very large.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most Crimeans are happy with the situation.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#11]
My family immigrated out of Poland back during the Polish Revolution (1848).  Family Lore says that the family had enough of the constant wars that plagued the region and they left.  With good cause....that part of the world is second only to the middle east in the amount of armed conflict they see.  Looking back, since the 1700's there has rarely been a span of more than 20y where they didn't have a war on home soil.  

We are currently in the longest stint of peace for that region of the world in modern history.  They have a right to be cautious.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe Russia is just calling dibs on the $1trill that Poland is trying to collect from Germany for the destruction caused during WWII?

https://twitter.com/UncleChangNYC/status/907404124593025024/photo/1
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#13]
With globalists trying to use your country as bait like they did with Georgia and Ukraine, their fears are legitimate. One word of advice to them, don't listen to McCain or Graham when they come courting and you'll probably be fine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not very. Their total force commitment isn't very large.
View Quote
Are the Russians massing their forces along Belarus?  

The Russians know that the best way to defeat America is to take down the petrodollar.  Thanks to Osama Ben Ber Nank, we're doing it on our own.  Russia is still stockpiling gold and building its energy assets (energy is power).  By contrast direct conflict is bloody, costly and wasteful.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go ask my Polish grandmother in-law (is that a thing?) about the Russians.  She lives in Wroclaw and had to run twice in her life, once from the Germans once from the Russians.  After being around her enough I finally asked her about it and the second she started talking about the Russians she started tearing up .... I felt like a huge dick.

And she only lives in Wroclaw, great city be the way, because that's were the Russians sent her family to live after they took over.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lot of history between the Poles and the Russians.  All of it bad.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Based on current politics it seems russia would be a better ally to poland.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Go ask my Polish grandmother in-law (is that a thing?) about the Russians.  She lives in Wroclaw and had to run twice in her life, once from the Germans once from the Russians.  After being around her enough I finally asked her about it and the second she started talking about the Russians she started tearing up .... I felt like a huge dick.

And she only lives in Wroclaw, great city be the way, because that's were the Russians sent her family to live after they took over.
View Quote
Oh we have a strong connection in Poland as well and I've told that story a few times. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Russians aren't particularly interested in Poland, Baltics, or even Ukraine. THAT'S WHY THEY DISBANDED THE WARSAW PACT/USSR AND LEFT. Since NATO/EU were never disbanded, they need to keep bringing up "muh Russia" boogeyman as one of the justifications for their continued existence.

Before anyone mentions Georgian or Ukrainian debacles, please note that both of those started due to Western regime change efforts, and Russians STILL didn't want those countries even after they were forced to use military power to stop pro-Western nationalist retards from killing Russians.
Russia could easily take over Georgia in Aug 2008, or at least half of Ukraine in spring 2014 or summer 2014, but they simply DON'T WANT TO.

Russia's economy is based off of selling oil, and if the Russian gov't decide to take more ground, they will have to share oil revenues among more people. That's why they disbanded the USSR in the first place, for chrissakes.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Russians aren't particularly interested in Poland, Baltics, or even Ukraine. THAT'S WHY THEY DISBANDED THE WARSAW PACT/USSR AND LEFT. Since NATO/EU were never disbanded, they need to keep bringing up "muh Russia" boogeyman as one of the justifications for their continued existence.

Before anyone mentions Georgian or Ukrainian debacles, please note that both of those started due to Western regime change efforts, and Russians STILL didn't want those countries even after they were forced to use military power to stop pro-Western nationalist retards from killing Russians.
Russia could easily take over Georgia in Aug 2008, or at least half of Ukraine in spring 2014 or summer 2014, but they simply DON'T WANT TO.

Russia's economy is based off of selling oil, and if the Russian gov't decide to take more ground, they will have to share oil revenues among more people. That's why they disbanded the USSR in the first place, for chrissakes.
View Quote
Thanks for the update "pro-Russian blogger" dude.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I were Polish, I would want to invade Russia and take the whole thing.

But to be more serious, its better to err on the side of caution considering history.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Alexander I cut a deal at the Congress of Vienna to get Congress Poland as a client state.
Alexander II essentially annexed Poland to become the Vistula.
Lenin ordered Trotsky to invade Poland to support Communist uprisings in late-WW1 Germany and Austria-Hungary.
Stalin cut a deal with Hitler do go halfsies on Poland.
Stalin wanted Molotov to get a similar deal with Churchill before the Anglo-Soviet Treaty*.
Encouraged the Warsaw Uprising; then decided to take land in the Baltics and Romania instead of stopping the Nazis from razing Warsaw.
Agreed to democratic elections at the Yalta Conference; ~just kidding~.

In the last 200 years, the only time the Russians/Soviets have had an opportunity to fuck with Poland but haven't was in 1980/81, and that may have only been because the Soviet military was already involved in Afghanistan.

So yes, OP, I'd say Russia really is that interest in Poland.

*Axis battlefield success at Battle of the Kerch and Second Battle of Kharkov made Stalin tell Molotov to back out of the territorial negotiations and just get a treaty done with Britain.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lawlz
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Especially if it's territory they controlled at some point in history. All of E Europe is in Russia's sights long term.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Putin longs for the old days of Russia being a super power, and would love to rebuild an empire under his direct control. He wants all the old Soviet satellite nations back under Moscow's control.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Putin longs for the old days of Russia being a super power, and would love to rebuild an empire under his direct control. He wants all the old Soviet satellite nations back under Moscow's control.
View Quote
... Why exactly? Out of a burning desire to spend his oil money on supporting non-self-sufficient shitholes?

And if he does, why didn't he take over Georgia or Ukraine when he could? Why is he spending massive amounts of money circumventing the old Soviet export infrastructure in Ukraine and Baltics?

I realize a number of government officials in Europe desperately want your claims to be true in order to justify their paychecks, but... it just ain't so. There were real reasons why Soviets left. Those reasons are still around (if anything, there are a whole lot more reasons now). Ergo, the Russians aren't coming back.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#29]
IIRC, Russia's attitude toward Poland was historically paranoia verging on terror. Again IIRC, in the late 19th - early 20th c. Poland had the most effective intelligence service in Europe.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Russia is and since 1917 has always been, interested in getting back everything that used to be in the empire. They have a soft spot for the Finns and let them go free after WWII, but their goal will always be the domination of everybody from the Vistula to Vladivostok.

We should have taken much greater advantage of their complete disarray in the ‘90s. Still, we got meaningful gains with Poland and the Baltic’s in NATO.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
IIRC, Russia's attitude toward Poland was historically paranoia verging on terror. Again IIRC, in the late 19th - early 20th c. Poland had the most effective intelligence service in Europe.
View Quote
Poland was part of Russian Empire at the time, so nope

You must be thinking of England
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't know about Russia's intentions but I spent the summer in Poland. A Polish friend of mine mentioned Putin a few times while drinking. "if Putin sends his tanks blah blah blah" dont remember exactly, We were mostly always on the Vodka.

but the sentiment is a general fear towards Russia. Its obvious because they have hardly any natural borders and have been invaded by everyone. I'de be edgy too. Saw a thing on vice news about how they went form 15,000 volunteer troops to 80,000 in the past couple years or something like that. Crimea and Ukraine isn't helping the Poles views of Russia. My friend told me that the "volunteer" force  is mostly highschool rejects who want to wear camo cargo pants and buy mall ninja knives. I figured its their version of ARFCOMERS.

Just talked with him today. He said the govt there is considering "changing" gun laws. I said well count me in, I'll move there. He retorted "change" not introduce a "free for all" in his words. He believes that Polish people will all kill themselves if they were allowed weapons like here. Russia wouldn't have to do anything  I think Poland is invested more in the notion that  Russia will invade than Russia is invested the notion of controlling Poland.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stalin wrote a letter to Molotov in 1930 where he thought the Poles would lead a coalition of countries to include Finland, the Baltics, and Romania in invading the USSR.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:Stalin wrote a letter to Molotov in 1930 where he thought the Poles would lead a coalition of countries to include Finland, the Baltics, and Romania in invading the USSR.
View Quote
Possible. Stalin wrote a lot of letters, and Poles were very aggressive at the time (they stole Lithuania's capital something like 3 times, heh). Doesn't really matter nowadays, tho.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Stalin wrote a letter to Molotov in 1930 where he thought the Poles would lead a coalition of countries to include Finland, the Baltics, and Romania in invading the USSR.
View Quote
The Russians still believe in the Mittleaeuropa Baltic to Black Polish led encirclement.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#37]
What does Polandball have to say?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Poland should occupy  the Kaliningrad Oblast
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#39]
In Russia's view, Poland is a great place for the Russians to fight a future war with the Germans. Because the Russians have a historically justified paranoia about the Krauts.

Poland has a similar thing with Russia, what with Russia invading them and occupying them a lot too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
True, but isn't every country interested in everything on their border?  I would think they would/should be.

I like Poland more than Russia
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Possible. Stalin wrote a lot of letters, and Poles were very aggressive at the time (they stole Lithuania's capital something like 3 times, heh). Doesn't really matter nowadays, tho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Stalin wrote a letter to Molotov in 1930 where he thought the Poles would lead a coalition of countries to include Finland, the Baltics, and Romania in invading the USSR.
It's more than "possible". Stalin's letter to Molotov is fact.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
... Why exactly? Out of a burning desire to spend his oil money on supporting non-self-sufficient shitholes?

And if he does, why didn't he take over Georgia or Ukraine when he could? Why is he spending massive amounts of money circumventing the old Soviet export infrastructure in Ukraine and Baltics?

I realize a number of government officials in Europe desperately want your claims to be true in order to justify their paychecks, but... it just ain't so. There were real reasons why Soviets left. Those reasons are still around (if anything, there are a whole lot more reasons now). Ergo, the Russians aren't coming back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While we have you here, why was Buk 332 in Russia three weeks before it shot down MH17?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably about as interested in it as we were about Cuba.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:27:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In Russia's view, Poland is a great place for the Russians to fight a future war with the Germans. Because the Russians have a historically justified paranoia about the Krauts.

Poland has a similar thing with Russia, what with Russia invading them and occupying them a lot too.
View Quote
Poles hate Germans just as much as they hate Russians...
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Most of it's just EU fear mongering.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I halfway think Poland has been training for a Russian invasion for 28 years and Poland would surprise everyone and push their shit in.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#47]
All I want the Russians to do is retake Constantinople from the foot-rests.

That’s all I want.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.

Russia has always wanted to own Poland either as their own territory or a buffer to perceived threats.

Goes back centuries, but Stalin's pact with Hitler is one case where it was put in writing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#49]
The Russians killed my Polish wife's great grandmother. Her and her family have a strong dislike of the Germans but they really hate the Russians. I have no doubt Poland would put up an insane fight if it ever came down to it.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Have you seen Polish women?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top