Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 1:03:51 PM EDT
Ok, I have gotten fond of this water of life.  I started out with the obivious blends like Bushmills, Tullermore Dew and Jameson.  Like the Tuller the most.  Until I found Knappogue Castle.  They have three types, a 1992, a 1993 and the grand daddy of them, the 1951.  These are the vintage dates when the spirit was casked.  All are straight, single malts comparable to fine scotch whiskeys but are simpler without any peat overtones as the malts are closed kiln dried.  I've yet to find the 1951 though but the reviews have me interested.  1992 and 1993 are far superior to the blends. 1992 is double distilled while 1993 is triple.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I havent tried Tullermore or Knappogue Castle..

I am more of a bourbon drinker but I like Irish Whiskey sometimes and it is a neccessity in an Irish Carbomb.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I havent tried Tullermore or Knappogue Castle..

I am more of a bourbon drinker but I like Irish Whiskey sometimes and it is a neccessity in an Irish Carbomb.  
View Quote

Whats in an "Irish Carbomb" ??
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Irish Carbomb:

1/2 pint Guinness
1 oz Jamison (or other Irish Whisky)
1/2 oz Bailey's Irish cream

Pour Guiness into a pint glass. Float Baileys on top of Jamison in shot glass. Drop shot glass, carefully, into Guiness. Drink quickly before it curdles.

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#4]
True mother's milk is Paddy....

unfortunately it is not imported to the states...

t
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Irish Carbomb:

1/2 pint Guinness
1 oz Jamison (or other Irish Whisky)
1/2 oz Bailey's Irish cream

Pour Guiness into a pint glass. Float Baileys on top of Jamison in shot glass. Drop shot glass, carefully, into Guiness. Drink quickly before it curdles.

View Quote

Yeah, it's a variation of the boilermaker.  With a great name.  "Irish Car Bomb", lol.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#6]
God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Jameson is from the gods !!! I love Guinness, but, was throwing on the weight... Jameson is it ! Straight, on ice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top