Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2002 9:29:56 PM EDT
Good debate between Richard Perle and Leon Feurth at [url]http://www.cfr.org/public/resource.cgi?pub!4324[/url].

Perle was a Reaganite back in the day, sometimes refered to as "the prince of darkness" by Democrats. Feurth probably would have been Al Gore's National Security advisor, the position Condi Rice holds now.

Perle mops the floor with him.

"RNP: Excuse me, what does it mean to say they will tell us to go our own way? Does it mean that the Italians will stop blocking bank accounts? Does it mean that the Germans will stop sharing intelligence? Does it mean that the government in the Philippines will be less interested in apprehending terrorists? What exactly does it mean? Does it mean that if we don't act with the approval of all members of the coalition we will suffer as a result? "
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 1:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
My dad was a peacenik type in the 80's (yeah!  the 80's!) and he just loathed Richard Perle.

This is a great quote from that debate by Perle:

[b]He's for homeland defense, and let me tell you, that isn't simple either, Leon. An open society like ours has, I'm sorry to say, poor prospects in making this country impermeable to terrorists. We have to take the war to them because of our inability to prevent them from bringing it to us.
[/b]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 4:08:33 AM EDT
[#2]
That quote from Perle is precisely true!

As we've recently learned from the '30 minute rule' on domestic air flights into and out of Slat Lake City and Reagan National, there is a whole group of folks who cannot handle even the most simple measures for assuring safety aboard a plane.

Folks complain about the long lines, the long waits.

How long will it be before the American Public forgets that Sept 11 was not an anomaly, but the sign of things to come?

Not too long, I can tell you that!

So, if we are going to prevent another Sept 11, we will have to do it by destroying the terrorists' bases and cells overseas.

We have to keep them so busy running for cover that they don't have the time or desire to stay in one place to plan and coordinate another strike!

Let's begin 'picking apart' Saddam's Kingdom today!

Simply start by taking out radar sites closer and closer to Baghdad, taking out command centers away from Baghdad, and having a 'free fire' zone for any military targets in a slowly enlarging target area.

Some will complain that we will create a situation in which we will not be certain of what follows the fall of Saddam. Another military government, another Islamic 'republic', sheer anarchy, or something entirely unforeseen.

Who cares?

At least the one individual who is deperately  seeking nuclear/chemical/biological weapons will be gone. We can work on whatever follows him, if need be!

Eric The(Realpolitik)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 4:22:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Simply start by taking out radar sites
View Quote

Tomahawks.

closer and closer to Baghdad, taking out command centers away from Baghdad,
View Quote

Uh, you forgot about the surface-to-air missle sites - they have to go first.  Stealth's s, if I remember the drill correctly...

and having a 'free fire' zone for any military targets in a slowly enlarging target area.
View Quote

Strike Eagles/Warthogs, and my personal favorite - C-130/BLU-82's (OK, it a toss up between the pigs & FAE..)

[beer]

Come on, Eric - how many times do you need to see the show to remember how it unfolds?

At least the one individual who is deperately  seeking nuclear/chemical/biological weapons will be gone.
View Quote

I'm with you....

We can work on whatever follows him, if need be!
View Quote

Sounds good to me!

Eric The(Realpolitik)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

EricTheHun for President of the United States of (ifyoumesswithuswe'llkickyourass) America!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top