Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 1:01:50 PM EDT
June 3, 2008

Coalition forces capture Special Groups leader and five associates

BAGHDAD – Coalition forces captured a suspected Special Groups leader and five associates Tuesday in al-Kut, about 150 km southeast of Baghdad.

Acting on intelligence tips, Coalition forces closed in on the presumed residence of an individual suspected of being one of the top criminal leaders in al-Kut.  The man has been identified as involved in the murdering of Iraqis and attacking of Coalition forces.

The wanted man and his associates surrendered without incident.

“Coalition and Iraqi Security Forces have caused Special Groups leaders to flee their normal areas of operation,” said U.S. Army Capt. Charles Calio, MNF-I spokesperson.  “We will continue to deny these criminals refuge in any part of Iraq.”

Link

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#1]
This wouldn't be the famous Al-Kut where the Ottoman Empire laid siege to British forces in WWI would it?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This wouldn't be the famous Al-Kut where the Ottoman Empire laid siege to British forces in WWI would it?

I believe it is.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe it is.

Small world But interesting nonetheless
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a  British War Memorial in Safwan, Pretty historical stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top