Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2005 1:25:02 PM EDT
Howdy folks,

Been lurking around here for some time, finally decided I should register.

I'm a former LEO (10 yrs sworn) who moved in to private industry a couple of years ago. Honestly, I'm bored outta my skull. During my time as copper, I was also a vol FF/Paramedic and served as the tacmedic on swat...so now I'm debating which side to jump back into again.

Looking at various PDs here in Arizona. I hear good things about Phnx, but honestly I'm so out of the loop now it's hard to get good intel from a street officer's perspective. My last PD was less than sensational. The other agencies I am considering are Mesa, Tempe, MCSO, Vegas Metro and Border Patrol. I was looking at Tucson and Pima Co SO also, but have heard some pretty negative stuff about them.

So, any of you Arizona coppers out there, pipe-up...ditto for Border Patrol or LVMPD guys.

You smoke-eaters chime in too...been considering pretty much the same FDs in above cities.

The wife is pushing hard for me to go FF, due to the shifts. Was married to her during my last 3 years as a cop and between court, call-outs and over-time...well, let's just say at times she wasn't a happy camper. My last PD, anytime you had a pinch, you had to be at bond call the next morning...no exceptions...Thanksgiving, Christmas etc, where you got to sit around and be ignored by the state's attorneys for at least 6 hours and mandatory appearance at traffic court no matter if you had citations pending or not.

And yeah, I'm still on realpolice and officer.com, getting info as well.

Be safe

10-32
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:00:12 PM EDT
If you like HSLD stuff the BP is the place to go right now. BORSTAR, BORTAC, SRT.......
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:49:37 PM EDT
Welcome aboard.

That choice is a toughie... and between you and the missus.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:34:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tango7:
Welcome aboard. hat

Thanks. h

Originally Posted By AZ-K9:
If you like HSLD stuff the BP is the place to go right now. BORSTAR, BORTAC, SRT.......

In all honestly, while the HSLD stuff is a gas, I'd happily work patrol for the next 20 years if I could find a place relatively decent. Of course, that's always the issue isn't it? Paradise PD is a great place to work....five years down the road, new chief comes in, rats are all jumping ship because suddenly Paradise is Hell On Earth.

However, BP is high on my list and yeah, I speak fluent spanish.

10-32
Top Top