Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Posted: 1/22/2018 7:29:29 AM EDT
Because I’m a white male, therefore a racist, and because I’m OCD, I tend to notice stuff some people don’t. Up until recently one thing you never saw a lot of were white men/black women in commercials(as a couple). Am I the only one who has noticed a change? In the past 6 months I’ve seen more commercials with this combo than I ever have. Right or wrong, just find it interesting.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You're not the only one to notice it. There has definitely been a significant increase within the last year.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't watch TV.

It sounds like a direct reflection of society today. Races are mingling at the highest rate that I have ever seen in my life time. (59 years)

Bad/good?  Not my call.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#3]
my wife mentioned it last night
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't follow it that closely to care, but someone did point out that England's biggest retailers ALL had an Christmas ad with WW/BM in spite of the fact that WW/BM couples are less than one percent.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't watch TV.
View Quote
This is one of the key ways that I survived 8 years of Obama.

I think.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#6]
According to all the dating site data white males are sought after more than any other race.

Just facts folks
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm seeing it in commercials for products that have traditionally been used only by one race. nothing that immediately comes to mind, but I remember telling myself that I'm sure that black woman is encouraging her white significant other to use that product.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You're not the only one to notice it. There has definitely been a significant increase within the last 6 years.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I also notice a lot more hit jobs, hee jobs?, that stupid shit Muslim women wear on their heads.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#10]
There are gay couples in commercials too. Does that get you all flustered too?
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I have definitely noticed.

White men get portrayed as dopes that need guidance from women and minorities as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Wait until they have a gay trans race couple.  If god was real, he would be sad.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I prefer my own culture and people. I have also noticed this for a few years (cereal boxes, TV commercials, movies, magazine advertisements..etc).

It all started back in the late 50's.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There are gay couples in commercials too. Does that get you all flustered too?
View Quote
Lol flustered? Who’s flustered? And actually, I’ve noticed fewer gay couples in commercials as of late.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

White men get portrayed as dopes that need guidance from women and minorities as well.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, the increase was all thru the Obama years.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:43:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Not only that but there's been an increase in same sex couples and commercials where men are treated like retards especially if they're white.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Subconscious reprogramming via repetition of auditory and visual queues.

It's that simple.... Didn't they used to call the the program MKUltra or something?

I believe the tools they've developed have been VERY effective at controlling the narrative.

They ALL need to swing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#19]
People on TV are hip and cool.

You're not.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's been going on since the 1970s, with Archie Bunker.

Working class white male = everything he did was portrayed as wrong and stupid, in every episode.

Meanwhile, Reiner's liberal "Meathead" character, women, blacks, basically everyone who was not a white male was portrayed as "noble and enlightened."

The MSM has been at that game for decades.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
According to all the dating site data white males are sought after more than any other race.

Just facts folks
View Quote
Don't know about that.
Anyway, I don't watch TV, but I do notice the couples in advertisement posts at stores and such.
Seems to be the opposite pairing than the norm, though.
White women and Black men have been normal for years, but I see the ads pairing Black women and White men a lot more.
Also, see a lot of ads pairing Black guys and Asian women these days, where the ads used to pair Asian women and White men.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Stop watching tv.  It’s better for your health, your wallet, and our society.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You're not the only one to notice it. There has definitely been a significant increase within the last year.
View Quote
One brick at a time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#24]
The American Jews are pushing their "White genocide" agenda as hard as they can afford.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just facts folks
View Quote
I believe it.

I was on match for a while and even though I didn’t have black folks under my preferred race of people, black women would always message me. Dating apps like that won’t let you filter out only white or only black.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep noticed a lot in print as well as TV, etc. (white guy here).  I also noticed a shift going with WM with BW! I rarely see that combo in the wild but I do know two couples like that personally.   Not that there’s anything wrong with it but it just seems to be in the media a lot lately.  From what I have seen around here there seems to be a lot more BM with WW couples in this predominantly white area.

I know, I know... insert “that’s racist!” Gif here
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:01:11 AM EDT
[#27]
I've noticed those commercials too. Also just saw NCIS episode where black navy guy and asian navy guy adopted a white baby and it got kidnapped. Asian guy was the wife for sure. Covered all the bases on that episode.....
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:01:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Honestly, the ubiquity of this in commercials makes me feel as if it's a concerted effort.

Two large national jewelers had Christmas commercials featuring a black man/white woman couple. Statistically, these marriages represent only .65% of all marriages. The percentage chance that two couples chosen at random would both be BM/WW is .004%. This obviously isn't their target audience.

So, I have two theories. Either it's a gigantic conspiracy by the powers that be , or it's an advertising trick.

Advertisers do lots of things to make you pay attention. Ads that are odd or surprising tend to be more memorable; perhaps they found out that people are much more likely to remember the ad if the couple is an uncommon pairing.

Maybe they found out that seeing interracial couples makes women all "aww, that's so cute" and creates an association between that sentiment and the jeweler.

Maybe they're virtue signaling and found out that most women who are about to marry want to go to a "progressive" jeweler.

Advertisers do all sorts of things that seem illogical or counterintuitive on its face, but are carefully crafted. Consider the ridiculously annoying jingles they like to use. (Quick, what's the number for JG Wentworth? )
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Some already mentioned it but it comes down to expanding their product demand to previous untapped markets.

They already have your dollar so go fuck yourself.

Kinda like democrats not truly giving a damn about the black community, they have their vote regardless. But those illegal brown people, if we could only let them to the polls.....
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:01:58 AM EDT
[#30]
It's disproportionate compared to the actual demographic breakdown of married couples.  But, commercials tend to be that way.  The stuff from the 1950s wasn't necessarily an accurate description of the median home in the US.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Meh...my wife and I have been married 18 years.  We are different races, but both American.  We used to be odd balls, but we are seeing more mixed raced couples in the wild.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Noticed the same.

But when I see an interracial couple in the real world,  it' s invariably a black man with a 300 lb, bleached blonde.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes, I have noticed a big increase.
Not just B&W, but also LGBT.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Honestly, the ubiquity of this in commercials makes me feel as if it's a concerted effort.

Two large national jewelers had Christmas commercials featuring a black man/white woman couple. Statistically, these marriages represent only .65% of all marriages. The percentage chance that two couples chosen at random would both be BM/WW is .00004%. This obviously isn't their target audience.

So, I have two theories. Either it's a gigantic conspiracy by the powers that be , or it's an advertising trick.

Advertisers do lots of things to make you pay attention. Ads that are odd or surprising tend to be more memorable; perhaps they found out that people are much more likely to remember the ad if the couple is an uncommon pairing.

Maybe they found out that seeing interracial couples makes women all "aww, that's so cute" and creates an association between that sentiment and the jeweler.

Maybe they're virtue signaling and found out that most women who are about to marry want to go to a "progressive" jeweler.

Advertisers do all sorts of things that seem illogical or counterintuitive on its face, but are carefully crafted. Consider the ridiculously annoying jingles they like to use. (Quick, what's the number for JG Wentworth? )
View Quote
Of course it’s a concerted effort.  Everyone in the entertainment industry is a sjw.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#35]
I started watching a lot of BBC programming about 10 years ago.  I noticed that it seemed like at least one of the main characters in any show was black but the UK is only around 1% black.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#36]
I really like the commercials with white male, white female, and black baby-child.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've noticed those commercials too. Also just saw NCIS episode where black navy guy and asian navy guy adopted a white baby and it got kidnapped. Asian guy was the wife for sure. Covered all the bases on that episode.....
View Quote
lol, you must be joking.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The American Jews are pushing their "White genocide" agenda as hard as they can afford.
View Quote
Here we go.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#39]
I notice it a lot on network t v commercials, but it is rampant and glorified on HGTV.

My wife watches it a lot and I noticed faggot couples, lesbian couples, mixed race couples are the norm.

The few hetero couple usually show the wife as a critical bitch, with a talk to the manager haircut, and problem glasses, and the hubby is a beta metro.

I hate HGTV

The only good thing it forces me into the shop
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
More like 10 years but yeah. It’s more than coincidence.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well look at arfcom here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Stop watching tv.  It’s better for your health, your wallet, and our society.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#44]
The things some folks get worked up about amazes me...
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#45]
What we really need are more depictions of Asian men/Black women.

That might help my odds.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#46]
yep 75% of the population is white, but 90% of the commercials show a majority if not all minorities and about half mixed couples.

I really don't care except the fact they are using all commercials as an anti-white SJW tool against whites.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Two large national jewelers had Christmas commercials featuring a black man/white woman couple. Statistically, these marriages represent only .65% of all marriages. The percentage chance that two couples chosen at random would both be BM/WW is .004%. This obviously isn't their target audience.

View Quote
Locally, every [or damn close to it] BM/WW relationship I see is that the WW is a corpulent land whale, the BM can be reasonably in shape. The WM/BF, the BF is quite decent looking as is the WM.

I think the group that has the most issue with inter-racial marriage/dating are the BF's when the decent BM's date outside their color group. I don't look at that so much as a color thing, rather that I see so many large BF's that are obnoxious and mouthy and even the decent Black guys can't deal with them and their attitudes.

The commercials I have seen don't come close to real world inter-racial match up's. [of course it's little different for the typical WM/WF, BM/BF relationships either]
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:14:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I really like the commercials with white male, white female, and black baby-child.
View Quote
either covering the cuck or adopted demographic.

As a member if the white/asian family group IDGAF how many shades there are in your commercial. Do you have a shitty product or not is all I care about.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#49]
"Political correctness" overload indeed.  The push of same-sex couples and the 'let's see how many different races' we can put on screen in a 30-second commercial is so obvious.  My concern is with the increase of same sex couples in commericials, TV shows & movies, and the message/influence these have with our youth, coupled with the ongoing thumbing of their noses toward Christian values/bible believing consumers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Interracial coupling still bother people in 2018?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top