Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2001 7:10:48 PM EDT
Since the US Government is deciding to play "Big Brother" (re: 1984 by George Orwell).

You can obtain PGP from [url]http://www.pgpi.org/[/url]

I suggest that everyone here start using encryption for their email. If not PGP than some other form. Electronic ONE TIME PADS are impossible to break..

Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Since no one else is doing it, I'll start - what about key signing?

Having a key and knowing how to use PGP is one thing.  Others being able to get your key and have good reason to believe it's actually yours is another thing.  If people here are using it, we should be signing each others keys (for those people we know).  Anyone interested?
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I think individual key signing is the best we could do here.  This isn't like cypherpunks where everyone understood all the intricacies, but still didn't like CA's.

Anyway, key signing isn't vouching that the other person isn't the devil, it's just asserting that the key belongs to the person listed.

We're not hiding anything, we're using digital signatures to ensure the validity of our messages, but we's too ignant to figure out how to turn encryption off. [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top