Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 11:54:06 AM EDT
Try investing in oil.

We are decades away from fully integrating a new energy source. It took twenty years to completely integrate out leaded gas, how long will it realistically take to completely phase in a new energy source?

We haven't built a new refinery in years, which means if we owned all the oil in the world and it was sitting in tankers at our ports, gas would still be $2.75 a gallon.

Face it, gas won't be going down anytime soon. Our grandparents were single car families, our parents were two car families and we have become three - four car families. Our hunger for fuel isn't going down.

Pinch your pennies together and invest in oil, then you can smile when prices go up
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I just keep shooting at rabbits with a shotgun hopeing to strike oil.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
You can invest in Exxon too...

I know, I know, if you turn on the news, Evil Exxon is responsible for all the worlds ills including Bird Flu, World Hunger and the War on Drugs, but even owning a few shares isn't a bad investment.

It sure beats feeling powerless and hoping gas goes down a few cents next week!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top