Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/12/2001 8:06:34 PM EDT
Just bought an Oly SGW "Stop Sign" Receiver AR-15 Car w/ M4 upper. Does anyone know about the SGW quality compared to Bushmaster or Colt (or later model pre-ban Oly's)? I saw the SGW history on Oly's website, but I would like some advice from the NCO's.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:52:45 PM EDT
I have two of them. One is fine, the other I sent back to Oly because I couldn't get any other uppers than the one that came on it to close. To their credit, Oly is making the repairs/replacement as we speak. As far as I'm concerned, even if they had some QC problems in the past (not that I really know of any) they stand behind their products to the end. In this day and age, that says a lot! Both of mine are pre-ban and I bought both used. For them to stand behind the bad one at this point means a lot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:18:45 AM EDT
I've got 3 of those signed-lowers. Works like a champ. I had to wait a long time to get them though because at the time it was the hieght of the ass-sault weapons ban.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 12:24:18 PM EDT
Found out about the Olympic Arms replacement warranty. I like knowing that I can get a new MaxHard receiver with my old pre-ban serial # on it. What a great world! Oly seems to monitor the board and help out. That means alot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 2:41:23 PM EDT
I have had OLY remaunfacture two pre-ban lowers for me, one was a Palmetto Armory/SGW and the other was a "stop sign" lower. Both came back from OLY looking like a brand new lower, no problems, no tight mag well, the finish is great. I have an older preban "stop sign" AR15 that has not been remanufactured, no problems, no tight mag well, the finish is great looking for a 10 year old lower. My advice is to talk to Tom ONLY if you have problems!
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 2:57:05 PM EDT
Tom sounds like a busy man. I would hate a customer relations job like his, especially dealing with alot of gun owners. They need a 300 pound woman with a soft sweet voice to answer the phones. It's hard to be mean to a nice voice...and the 300 pounds is to pound them if they decide to come in and complain. True customer relations.
Top Top