User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not only do a love Indian food, for whatever reason ive always leaned toward the vegetarian dishes. I love Tandoor chicken and lamb...its amazing...but in truth I absolutely love saag paneer, jalfrezi, masala dishes, chana, aloo, gobi, dal....the list goes on. A good plate of biryani and saag kicks ass. Indian is the only kind of food I do this....any other style of food im a meat head. Indian...they actually know how to cook vegetables so they are savory.
View Quote

About 30% of the country is essentially vegetarian.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I haven't had much of it, but what I had I liked.

Ten or twenty years ago, my cousin took me to a place on the North Side of Chiraq that had an all you can eat Sunday buffet.  It was very good.

There are a few places here in NE Ohio.  I've never been to any of them.
View Quote

There is a place in North Olmsted that has the BEST chicken tikka masala I have ever had.  Funny because other things I had there sucked, but the chicken tikka masala was AMAZING!

I love Indian food.  Wife and kids do as well.  My only complaint is their spice level is all over the board.  It is literally a gamble every time we get it.  I like hot, my wife does not.  She will tell them "NO SPICE" and the shit will be nuclear.  I will order medium and it will be too hot to eat, or I will order hot and it has zero spice.........
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Indian food ruined my bhole for a week.
View Quote

Ghee, I wonder why?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As succulent and inviting as the River Ganges.
View Quote

So much said in one sentence.

I agree but to each their own. Lots of folks don't care for my favorite hillbilly food.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There is a place in North Olmsted that has the BEST chicken tikka masala I have ever had.  Funny because other things I had there sucked, but the chicken tikka masala was AMAZING!
View Quote

Which one is that?

I know there's one on Detroit in Lakewood next to the salon and the cabling company.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Next time you eat at an Indian joint, try a few of these with your meal:

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Which one is that?

I know there's one on Detroit in Lakewood next to the salon and the cabling company.
View Quote

Flavors of India on the Brookpark extension.  Haven't been there in a while, but I assume it is still awesome.

Indian Garden in the place you speak of in Lakewood.  Really good as well.  The food on their lunch buffet kinda sucks though, so don't go there for that or you won't go back..... Their Baingan Bharta is excellent if you like eggplant.

If you ever find yourself in Akron, go to Saffron Patch in the valley.  VERY GOOD.

I was there a couple of years ago and some hard charger gets the table next to us.  He orders chicken tikka masala and tells the waitress he wants it really hot.  The waitress explains they have hot and Indian hot.  He demands that latter.  Poor bastard takes one bite and immediately becomes very uncomfortable.  He begs the waitress for a coke, which he pounds like he has been in the desert for a week with no water.  He slams a $20 on the table and basically sprints out the door........It was fun to watch
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In before the GD Tender Tummy Brigade.
View Quote

Oh, I can eat it. I just can't find a reason I would.

It is far down my list of ethnic foods I enjoy. I dont know why they have to make it all look like red, canned, dog food. The flavors and spices they use are fine. It's the processing that makes it unappealing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Goat curry, vindaloo, and madras are amazing.   I love all Indian food.  Gajar ka halwa for dessert is absolutely amazing.  

Closest decent place is an hour south of here and I hit it every chance i can.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I like it, but Thai > Indian.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Its usually pretty easy to see whose mommy raised them on French fries and chicken nuggets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its usually pretty easy to see whose mommy raised them on French fries and chicken nuggets.

Let's sit down with some souse that has so much sage and cayenne it looks like Christmas, some goetta, livers and gizzards, pickled pig feet, chicken fried squirrel with gravy and biscuits.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Flavors of India on the Brookpark extension.  Haven't been there in a while, but I assume it is still awesome.
View Quote

Across the street from the License Bureau?

I'll have to give them a try some weekend.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Hope you dont work in IT.

It might be a clue as to your future.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Across the street from the License Bureau?

I'll have to give them a try some weekend.

Thanks.
View Quote

That's the one.  But save yourself the trip. I just looked, and apparently, they are permanently closed.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Let's sit down with some souse that has so much sage and cayenne it looks like Christmas, some goetta, livers and gizzards, pickled pig feet, chicken fried squirrel with gravy and biscuits.

View Quote

Criticizes the appearance of Indian food,describes eating roadkill.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I picked some up to go recently, still working on it. A place I'd never been before, happened to be next door to a UPS store my woman had to deal with. Curry chicken and potato/garlic naan, ordered as hot as they would make it.

Very disappointed, it barely made me sweat. I've eaten Indian food so spicy that I would have sweat running off my goatee. The waitress had to bring me a kitchen towel, and kept asking if I was OK. I just kept shoveling that stuff down, smiling and dripping.

One place I got some take away that lasted a couple days. It was so jacked with spice that it was giving me vivid and weird dreams. I can't wait to got back there again.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Criticizes the appearance of Indian food,describes eating roadkill.
View Quote

I'm a complex person.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was there a couple of years ago and some hard charger gets the table next to us.  He orders chicken tikka masala and tells the waitress he wants it really hot.  The waitress explains they have hot and Indian hot.  He demands that latter.  Poor bastard takes one bite and immediately becomes very uncomfortable.  He begs the waitress for a coke, which he pounds like he has been in the desert for a week with no water.  He slams a $20 on the table and basically sprints out the door........It was fun to watch
View Quote
Funny story.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hilarious. But yes, that looks fantastic. Even better if you had gotten chicken dum biryanni or Shrimp 65.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Chicken Tikka is my wife's favorite. However that is a British dish based on Indian cuisine. It isn't Indian.

Lamb Vindaloo is my favorite. Make sure it is HOT.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's the one.  But save yourself the trip. I just looked, and apparently, they are permanently closed.....
View Quote

A lot of stuff has closed.

I used to go to Michael's in Rocky River every week.  They closed before the Xi Jin Flu.

I think Joe's may still be open, but I don't think they allow dining in.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Work is bribing people back into the office with food.. today was Indian.. sooo good!

One if the best places in town IMHO.

Samosa, naan, butter chicken, chicken tiki masala, and more!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/21179/PXL_20210301_193026685_jpg-1846990.JPG
View Quote
If only I wasn't on a carb-free diet, I'd tear that plat up and ask for 2nds and 3rds possibly a 4th.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No.  The sickest I've ever been was from eating Indian food in Portsmouth, England.

Looks like cat food

But I did make friends with some dudes on the Jalashwa (ex LPD-14) and that chow was pretty good.
View Quote
You said England. LOL
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Never tried Indian and am reluctant to start.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

What I've had was very good.

What's also good and much harder to get is Ethiopian food.

The building where a buddy has his law office used to have a cafe in the basement.  The guy who ran it was an Italian guy who was born in Ethiopia.  Every year, he'd throw a party for his regulars and fix Ethiopian food.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What I've had was very good.

What's also good and much harder to get is Ethiopian food.

The building where a buddy has his law office used to have a cafe in the basement.  The guy who ran it was an Italian guy who was born in Ethiopia.  Every year, he'd throw a party for his regulars and fix Ethiopian food.
View Quote

Ethiopian is diverse. The southern/Christian traditions have waaaay better food than the Muslim/Northerners. If it's peppered, savory meats with sweet breads, it's southern. If it's spicy crap that looks like cat shit, it's the Muslim stuff.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man you’re missing out. Find the highest rated one in your area and go.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:18:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

About 30% of the country is essentially vegetarian.
View Quote
Frankly, they are pretty much the only people who have figured out how to vegetables really delicious.

Middle eastern food takes second place in the department, with Africa maybe tied with them for second or falling to third at the worst. The rest of the world sucks at making vegetables interesting.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:20:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I like it, but Thai > Indian.
View Quote

This is kinda like saying wire strippers are better than ratchets. They aren't the same thing. Totally different styles. Both are amazing. But i can't compare them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

LOL.

The dirtier the place, the better tasting the food as I always say!
View Quote

B rated places have better food.

I gorge on indian food, being near little India helps the curry addiction.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Always order Indian hot, rarely ever hot. It makes me sad.
View Quote

An Indian restaurant we like is a very unassuming place in a strip mall. Really good food. If you order it hot, it's frigging HOT! Even if you don't order it hot, it's still hot. Our first clue that it would be a good restaurant was when we noticed that 90% of the other diners were Indian.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

An Indian restaurant we like is a very unassuming place in a strip mall. Really good food. If you order it hot, it's frigging HOT! Even if you don't order it hot, it's still hot. Our first clue that it would be a good restaurant was when we noticed that 90% of the other diners were Indian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tell them Indian hot plus green chiles. That shit will get you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those other Indians are just freeloader relatives. Indian owner by me says he can’t get them out but he’s compelled to let them eat for free cause it’s part of their culture or something.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:25:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

The same goes for Mexican and Korean restaurants.

Back in the '80s when I lived in Chiraq, there was a little Korean place on Lawrence(?) Ave.  The tables and chairs were literally cheap '60s style kitchen furniture.  They had the best Korean food I've had outside of Korea.  When I went, I was usually the only non-Korean there.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top