Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2001 5:55:16 PM EDT
This was on CNN December 25, 2001 Posted: 7:39 PM EST:

The Times of India reports Pakistan deploying medium range ballistic missile batteries in the forward areas of the international border in the Jammu and Poonch regions in the last 24 hours.

In New Delhi, the Hindustan Times newspaper reports that India has moved short-range missiles to the northern Punjab state, along the border with Pakistan.

The paper also reports Pakistani military units being seen moving medium-range missile batteries to the border in Kashmir.

"We do not want war, but war is being thrust on us and we will have to face it," India's Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee said at a public address on Tuesday.

Sounds like saber ratteling to me, but it may have consequences.

Edited for piss poor spelling
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the end times are a coming.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
India & Pakistan are finally going to finish their 30 year old squabble? Sounds like progress to me. Hope India cleans their clocks. Despite conventional wisdom, the Paks aren't doing us any huge favors. "Where is Osama?" "Well, he might be in Pakistan...."   "Gee, I wonder why all our specop helos are on the Kitty Hawk 400 miles from the Afghan border......." "Umm, these madrassa "religious schools" aka "terrorist factories" in Pakistan, Umm, Class is still In Session there, I take it? Pakistan's Foreign Minister openly sneers his pro-taliban sympathies in front of media cameras?

With friends like this.....
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Missle ratteling - probably
The U. S. is Pakistan's new "best friend" - in the eyes of India.
Probably the Paki's are gonna push now because they believe they can.
India has to show both the U. S. and the Paki's they are not afraid......b/sb/sb/sb/s....

(Wait maybe I'm confused and am talking about a bunch of kids on the playground.....)
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah but those kids are stupid.  There is no reason to go to war over Kashmi.  The truth is the US is behind neither one and whoever pulls the trigger first is the one who is going to loose big time.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Before 1948(around there), who's land was Pakistan?

If they were fighting over Bangladesh, I'd say duke it out, but Kashmir [:D]  Their boarder war happens every few years.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a small problem from here... but consider that Indea and Pakistan amount to 30 % of the worlds population!
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope we pull out and let them go nuke...

Fucking worthless piece of real estate anyway...
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hope we pull out and let them go nuke...

Fucking worthless piece of real estate anyway...
View Quote

Yes, bring it.  Sounds like a recipe for too much fun.  Should gain MUCH info on the effects of theater nuclear war.[IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Those Kids can kick your asses too if you are not too careful - or go in without friends help. It takes more then just strong military to win, that means making friends and work against the common enemy.  There are many other groups all over the world that can make our lives and our interests abroad not so good.  

And remember going Nuclear will affect us one way or the other from the fallout!

By the way, just because you have a mighty sword does not mean you win. Vietnam and Somalia showed us that! The Russians learned their lesson too.

Use your brain; we need to UNITE to win.  When you declare a war against World terrorism means you need to make friends and work together to win.   Don't have the mentality of all mighty and look down on others and call them kids. Grow up.

When you do not know the history and care only about your self, you call others stupid when in fact you are the one who is stupid without even knowing about it.

Link Posted: 12/25/2001 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Use your brain; we need to UNITE to win. When you declare a war against World terrorism means you need to make friends and work together to win.
View Quote

Yes!

Yes!

And all we need is one leader to show us the way to a Common Destiny, to take the next step in our Human Evolution. To bring us together, as one.

Hmmm... Seems like I read something somewhere about that already...[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/otn/happy/book.gif[/IMG]  Didn't they call him Anti somethingorother...?

Be careful what you wish for.  You just might get it.[IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Link Posted: 12/25/2001 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Didn't they call him Anti somethingorother...?

View Quote

Anti-Libertarian
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Unite and work together does not mean you need to be UNITED NATIONS!  You and I know that shit will not work and does not work.  India has found that out the hard way. When you leave it to UN, you get nowhere.  I mean work together as separate nations to eliminate the common enemy.   Name calling and looking down on the rest of the world is not going to do anything for you.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah but those kids are stupid.  There is no reason to go to war over Kashmi.  The truth is the US is behind neither one and whoever pulls the trigger first is the one who is going to loose big time.

Benjamin
View Quote

Looks like we all would loose big time if a hot war breakes out between Pakistan and India. I wouldn't be surprised if Bin Laden was pulling strings in the background. If the dogs of war break loose, it will be one ugly pooch. I don't think this was a random event, but a carful caculation to split Muslims off from the rest of the world. Something Bin Laden has been hoping years for....Gib
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally, the era of the H1B is near.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 3:43:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah... you said a mouthful. Every U.S. programmer will get a $30,000/year raise if all the H1-Bs go home to fight and the offshore code houses are shut down to fight.

Yaaaay!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#16]
And remember going Nuclear will affect us one way or the other from the fallout!
View Quote

The US suffered more damage from the fallout of its own nuclear tests in the western states than it would from the fallout of a nuclear war between India and Pakistan.  Look at a map -- that region is a long, long way from North America.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Use your brain; we need to UNITE to win.  When you declare a war against World terrorism means you need to make friends and work together to win.

Yes we do need friends or sometimes, depending on the country to be attacked only "friend." In the case of Iraq we only need "friend" - Turkey.
The U.S. will never win this war unless the mission sets the coalition....or lack of a coalition.
We do need a "neutral" Russia and either Pres. Bush, Sec. Powell, Sec Rumsfield or Ms. C. Rice or someone figured that out long before this writer.
----------------------------------------------

Don't have the mentality of all mighty and look down on others and call them kids. Grow up.
Ah, would I have the mentality of the "All Mighty".....  No, I will not grow up - just older.
You might have also considered this comment was meant "tongue-in-jowl."
--------------------------------------------

When you do not know the history and care only about your self, you call others stupid when in fact you are the one who is stupid without even knowing about it.

"Stupid is as stupid does." (That's an absolutely original quote.)
-----------------------------------------------
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#18]
From what I've been reading today, it looks like India WOULD fight if attacked, but seems to me they are putting on a show for the Indian citizens.  Both sides are grand standing, but there are behind the scenes discussions going on.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah... you said a mouthful. Every U.S. programmer will get a $30,000/year raise if all the H1-Bs go home to fight and the offshore code houses are shut down to fight.

Yaaaay!!
View Quote

Yes, but there's 1/2 million Russians with PhDs in line behind them. The only reason we have Indians over-represented in the H1-B program is because they speak better English than the Russians.

What we need to do is put strict limits on the H1-B program, if not abolishing it altogether.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sounds like a small problem from here... but consider that Indea and Pakistan amount to 30 % of the worlds population!
View Quote

Is it too much to hope that they will be only 20% of the worlds population when they are done?

I have nothing personal against Indians or Pakistanies by the way. Its just that by their uncontrolled reproduction they have cheapened not only their lives but the value of human life all around the world. Literally.

You notice the decided LACK of attention given to this issue, as compared to say Isreal and the Palistinians, as a indication of the level of danger this poses to the United States.  The worst case situation is that they throw down while we still are turning the North West Frontier provence and Kashmeir upside down looking for bin Laden and they hurt some of our GI's or CIA men.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top