Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2010 7:47:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2010 7:52:56 PM EDT by w107rsf]
My better half's parents are in town for a few days and will be staying with the wife and I. Nice folks...little on the hippy side but nice....or so they seemed.  I have only met them three times in the two years my wife and I have been married.  They don't visit much they live in Prescott AZ.

They were suppose to be arriving around 1800 today so I figured id use the a.m. to go out and try and kill some bunnies before they arrived.  I go out slay a few four legged critters and am back by 1500. As luck would have it my in laws show up way early while I am cleaning my freshly slain woodland critters....honestly I think I was in the middle of twisting off a rabbits head when they walked in the garage and saw me.  So there I stood with a decapitated rabbit, two skinned rabbits, and blood soaked coveralls...the best I could manage was "hey how's it going".

They went inside I  cleaned myself up and the wife unit was taking them on a tour of our new home.  I hear some muffled arguing and my MIL comes out to the kitchen.  She marches up to me and asks why there is a gun on the night stand...before I can respond my FIL comes out with my 1911 and demands the gun be locked away.  Mean while he is muzzle sweeping everyone in the kitchen with my loaded 1911 (Finger on he trigger).  I secure the gun and tell him it is never a good idea to point a gun at anyone especially in this house seeing how most guns are condition 1.  At this point they damn near faint and tell me they will not stay in a house with loaded guns.  I tell them holiday inn express is right down the road.

My wife pleads with me to lock every thing up "just while they are here".  We go back and forth for a few minutes.....I tell her she is more than welcome to go stay with mom and dad.
So here I am posting in ARF15.com, eating bunny, and playing with my dog...sure is quite w/o a woman in the house.  
I am so going to pay for this when the wife unit calms down.

Link Posted: 1/29/2010 8:24:29 PM EDT
Do not breed with lefties.

I hope it's not too late.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 8:30:09 PM EDT
Your house your rules.

If they are really that freaked out by firearms they should have asked about it beforehand.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 8:31:38 PM EDT
What kind of rude fucks walk into someone's house and start making rules?
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 8:44:41 PM EDT
I envy people who like their inlaws.  As for mine... I'd hunt them for sport if it wasn't illegal
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 8:55:46 PM EDT
Yup. I pay the bills, so I make the rules.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 9:33:51 PM EDT
I don't think i would want them at my house ether.

The muzzle sweeping would not of gone over well at my house.

Good luck with the old lady.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 9:37:41 PM EDT
I'd have done exactly the same thing. You don't like what I have in my house? Go away.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 9:47:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sparsedirect:
What kind of rude fucks walk into someone's house and start making rules?

Insane fucks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 9:52:55 PM EDT
I have never understood people who come into somebody else's house, no matter who it is, and bitch about how they do things.  I have been in some disgusting homes and some strange homes, but hey, your house.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:10:42 PM EDT
I gotta hear the end of this!

Good luck
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:18:50 PM EDT
So they come into your home, grab your loaded gun, and beside muzzle sweeping with a loaded gun in condition one, made demands for you to lock your guns up in YOUR home, and your wife thought this was all ok?

Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:23:45 PM EDT
U SIR, R DA MAN!  My newest hero.....    

Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:28:48 PM EDT
Not saying what you did was wrong (quite the opposite intact, I'd have done the same thing) but be aware that your inlaws are doing their best to poision your wife's feelings towards you. Hope you married a strong woman.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 10:34:16 PM EDT

Say goodbye to the pie.  Seriously though, that sucks.  I was lucky with my inlaws.  They had enough respect in my house to not say much at first. Over the last 15 years I've been able to convert them from occasional snide remarks about not needing "those types of guns" (ebr's) to now having the FIL holding a concealed permit and wanting me to build an m4gery for him.
Top Top