Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 6:49:20 AM EDT
Just in case you can't remember back that far the Republicans have done their fair share of screwing over gun owners as much as the Democrats have done.  Remember the '86 Machine Gun ban that doesn't allow any new FA's to be manufactured , thank Reagan for that one and the '89 Impost ban that stopped all the AK's from coming into the country, that's a Bush the 1st deal there. Of course a Dem screwed us in '94 with the AWB but at least it had a SunSet clause in it, the other two don't.  This is one reason why I just don't trust a Politician, Republican OR Democrat.  None of em' ever work very hard at repealing/over turning some of these assinine laws either, it's like once there on the books it's fine with them but IT'S NOT FINE WITH ME. These laws are an infringment on MY 2nd.Amend. Rights and I'll not be happy until they're all gone right back to and including the NFA of '34.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Long list of anti-gun bills signed by George W. Bush:
?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Long list of anti-gun bills signed by George W. Bush:

+1
?

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah so far W's done good for gunowners
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#4]
GWB could have taken the high road on this sunset .... he didnt .... Im proud of him for that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Jack and Anne are sheep. Too bad the wolf hasn't eaten them yet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#9]
none of them want us poor schlubs to have guns, just the elitists.

I guess we won't find out where Bush actually stands until after the elections.

When/if he signs the AWB back into law or something worse, it'll be too late.
Kind of like to hear some replies after that from the "Bush" crowd.

he already said he'd sign the ban if it reached his desk. Do you really think they won't get one passed after nov?

hope springs eternal I suppose...................

Chris
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#10]
How ignorant is it to bash a Pro-Gun ally like Bush, because of what you imagine he "might" do, or what his father did, or what a republican in 1934 did?

More and more, I realize that most of these Gun Rights Nihilists are just wishing for the worst, so that they can "get it over with", and begin their fat-guy rambo fantasies.
there's no such thing as a victory for them.
They WANT to lose, because they feel it's inevitable.
Here's my advice to you guys:
Put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger.
You're gonna die anyway, right?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:58:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

those 2 Republican 'wolves' are going to eat them up on the 2nd...... Myrick is polling around 26 points ahead of jack
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just in case you can't remember back that far the Republicans have done their fair share of screwing over gun owners as much as the Democrats have done.  Remember the '86 Machine Gun ban that doesn't allow any new FA's to be manufactured , thank Reagan for that one and the '89 Impost ban that stopped all the AK's from coming into the country, that's a Bush the 1st deal there. Of course a Dem screwed us in '94 with the AWB but at least it had a SunSet clause in it, the other two don't.  This is one reason why I just don't trust a Politician, Republican OR Democrat.  None of em' ever work very hard at repealing/over turning some of these assinine laws either, it's like once there on the books it's fine with them but IT'S NOT FINE WITH ME. These laws are an infringment on MY 2nd.Amend. Rights and I'll not be happy until they're all gone right back to and including the NFA of '34.  

Welp, run for something and try to make a change.

Your goals may not happen in your lifetime, but, given time, you may push this rock back uphill. Your kids will thank you for what you do today.

Sitting on the sidelines accomplishes nothing in my opinion. Voting twice a year doesn't hack it either.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How ignorant is it to bash a Pro-Gun ally like Bush, because of what you imagine he "might" do, or what his father did, or what a republican in 1934 did?

More and more, I realize that most of these Gun Rights Nihilists are just wishing for the worst, so that they can "get it over with", and begin their fat-guy rambo fantasies.

"Are those nazis Walter?"

"No Donny those are nihilists.  There's nothing to worry about."
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh yeah, and wasn't a Republican president when the '68 GCA was passed, I think his name was Richard M. Nixon.  Ya'll just don't get it do ya'?   It doesn't really matter if they're Republicans or Democrats they're all out to take away our guns, sure, the Republicans may not be as aggressive as the Democrats but some crappy anti-gun laws HAVE passed on their watch and it's not like we've gained any ground with them.  I guess it's just a vote for the "lesser of two evils" but that's still a vote for evil , isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was hoping it would generate a nice Lebowski Quote.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#16]
hit for reading later

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, and wasn't a Republican president when the '68 GCA was passed, I think his name was Richard M. Nixon.  Ya'll just don't get it do ya'?   It doesn't really matter if they're Republicans or Democrats they're all out to take away our guns, sure, the Republicans may not be as aggressive as the Democrats but some crappy anti-gun laws HAVE passed on their watch and it's not like we've gained any ground with them.  I guess it's just a vote for the "lesser of two evils" but that's still a vote for evil , isn't it?

Therefore don't vote?
Therefore nothing matters?
Therefore vote for a party that can't win?
Therefore vote for yourself?
Therefore what, pray tell?

How about a conclusion or a suggestion?

No?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#19]
You guys are acting like everything was fine and dandy on the Republican watch, IT WASN'T. Anti-gun laws were passed on their watch the same as on the Democrats watch. To hear all of you tell it NO anti-gun laws were ever passed on the Republican watch and you know that just isn't true.  You keep putting Republicans up on a goddamned pedistal like they can do no wrong, BULLSHIT.  They've screwed us as bad as the Democrats ever have. Wake the fuck up people, NO POLITICAN can be trusted with our 2nd. Amend. Rights, none of them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You guys are acting like everything was fine and dandy on the Republican watch, IT WASN'T. Anti-gun laws were passed on their watch the same as on the Democrats watch. To hear all of you tell it NO anti-gun laws were ever passed on the Republican watch and you know that just isn't true.  You keep putting Republicans up on a goddamned pedistal like they can do no wrong, BULLSHIT.  They've screwed us as bad as the Democrats ever have. Wake the fuck up people, NO POLITICAN can be trusted with our 2nd. Amend. Rights, none of them.

Again, your point is?
What's your suggestion, besides "wake up"?

Nothing, huh?
Sounds an awful lot like impotent whining.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:27:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Arnold Schwarzenegger just signed a bill that classifies .50 BMG rifles as "assault weapons" in Californistan.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#22]
If we could get all you "Republicans" to vote Independent once and put an Independent candidate into office it'd go along way in sending a message to both the Dems and Reps. that they are not the only game in town. The way it stands now they know that one or the other will make it into office no matter what they do.  
 Then again, I guess gun Rights aren't all that important, are they. I mean, you don't NEED a gun to live. Ya'll just keep voting Republican and keep your head in the sand and it'll be ok.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:33:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Anne is brain dead.

"How many bullets do you need to kill someone?"

I especially liked "If you live by the sword, you'll die by the sword" and the "gun mentality"
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Yep, Bush W left the AWB94 alone to die, regardless of what he said. If actions speak louder than words, so does inaction. Dems are FAR more dangerous to the 2nd amendment. House and senate Republicans made this ban sunset.  Go ahead and waste a vote on unelectables or don't vote and see what happens----AGAIN. Some folks never learn. If you don't like the party, work to change it for the better.   FOUR MORE YEARS!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#26]
there are some dickhead republicans and yes we have had some shitty laws passed under republicans.

but the fact of the matter is GEORGE W BUSH is a friend of gun owners.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If we could get all you "Republicans" to vote Independent once and put an Independent candidate into office...

You are so very naive.  You HAVE to start at the local level.  But most of you who spout this line have the patience of a 2 year old.  You want it all and you want it all now.  If you won't get your way, you won't play.
Wahh.

...it'd go along way in sending a message to both the Dems and Reps. that they are not the only game in town. The way it stands now they know that one or the other will make it into office no matter what they do.  
They ARE the only game in town.

Then again, I guess gun Rights aren't all that important, are they. I mean, you don't NEED a gun to live. Ya'll just keep voting Republican and keep your head in the sand and it'll be ok.

If you vote for a non-Republican, it will guarantee the fast demise of your rights.
Here's a fucking clue:
Vote for republicans who are dedicated to Gun rights.
They exist.

Voting third party is ignorant.
But again, I suspect that you are in the "let's get it over with" camp.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You, like Kerry, seem to have problems with when Nixon took office. Richard Nixon first took the oath of office on 20 January 1969. Lyndon Johnson (D) was the President who signed the '68 GCA.

Keeping facts straight just MIGHT help your argument.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Bush signed an executive order barring imports from NORINCO, ostensibly because the Chinese were selling arms to Iraq.  Whatever the justification, this now means that one more channel for inexpensive (aka AFFORDABLE) firearms are not getting here anymore.  And say what you want about the Chinese military getting the money, but it was still a veiled gun control EO.  So there's one good example.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Bush signed an executive order barring imports from NORINCO, ostensibly because the Chinese were selling arms to Iraq.  Whatever the justification, this now means that one more channel for inexpensive (aka AFFORDABLE) firearms are not getting here anymore.  And say what you want about the Chinese military getting the money, but it was still a veiled gun control EO.  So there's one good example.  

No. That is not a "good example".

"The State Department announced on 23 May 2003 that the U.S. government had imposed sanctions against China North Industries Group (Norinco) for supplying materials to Iran's missile program..."

The only thing that is a "good example" of, is ignorance.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#31]

If you vote for a non-Republican, it will guarantee the fast demise of your rights.
Here's a fucking clue:
They exist.

There is a lot to be said for getting it over with.  No matter what, we still live in a country where any one of us can be arrested and have our lives ruined based on frivolous evidence.  You don't even have to be convicted to lose your home, most of your belongings, and worst of all, your family.  So give me a break, already!  

There are some very good Republicans out there.  Unfortunately, there are many more worshippers of the golden calf--the state is their deity, and their worship of it allows them to reach new heights in irrational thought and those people dwell on both sides of the aisle.

"Conservatism is alluring. In theory, it is very good: it exalts tradition and religion at the expense of the State’s attempt to perfect human nature and impose a utopia. The historical record is clear that the ideology of the mind leads to more death and destruction than does the prejudice of the heart (flawed and sinful it may be). From that perspective, it is understandable why conservatives embraced much of what Rush Limbaugh said and National Review published up to September 11, 2001. Bush was, indeed, the "lesser evil" of Gore, embracing tax cuts and smaller government. That day is past. The clear lesson of 9-11, to get rid of the World Empire, was lost on both conservatives and liberals alike. 9-11 vindicated libertarianism, which is the essence of all that is good of both conservatism and liberalism. Libertarianism in its essence is to leave other people and other countries alone, a message that the Establishment not only resists, but doesn’t even understand."
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Wrong! The EO banned the import of EVERYTHING from Norinco because they were selling missle technology to IRAN!. The NORINCO ban is also only temporary, and will expire after two years.

I guess you solution was we should have rewarded the CHICOM army for all their misdeeds, just so as  to avoid the mere appearance of being anti-gun (because it is only the appearance).

You are nothing more than the posterchild for why the Libertarian Party will NEVER be a major force in America. Spewing inane and incorrect claptrap is not the way to build your base.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:55:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Here's a fucking clue:
They exist.

There is a lot to be said for getting it over with.  No matter what, we still live in a country where any one of us can be arrested and have our lives ruined based on frivolous evidence.  You don't even have to be convicted to lose your home, most of your belongings, and worst of all, your family.  So give me a break, already!  

Ignorance deserves no "breaks".

You spout half-truths and lies, and ask for "a break".
You advocate "getting it over with", essentially an endorsement of anarchy and revolution...

...and you want "a break, already".

No.

You are the perfect Libertarian.
You ignore the facts, and often invent them.
You refuse to recognize reality, and you advocate a Platform which would ensure the demise of our Nation.
And then you have the nerve to act as though you are some sort of patriot?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's a fucking clue:
They exist.

Ignorance deserves no "breaks".

You spout half-truths and lies, and ask for "a break".
You advocate "getting it over with", essentially an endorsement of anarchy and revolution...

...and you want "a break, already".

No.

You are the perfect Libertarian.
You ignore the facts, and often invent them.
You refuse to recognize reality, and you advocate a Platform which would ensure the demise of our Nation.
And then you have the nerve to act as though you are some sort of patriot?

There ya' go, now your talking MY Political Party of choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top