Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2002 10:09:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
China exported 78 million flags to the United States from September through December.
View Quote

I doubt the US had the means to manufacture that many flags in this short amount of time.  It's hard to find good slave labor these days.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:00:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#3]
It is just f*cking ridiculous the amount of stuff made in China these days.  Recently, the wheel on my wheel barrow went flat.  It's a tubeless, and as I was removing the tire from the rim I noticed those ubiquitous words, "Made In China" on it.

I can't wait for the Chinese to start sending astronauts into space on those large firecrackers they've been building. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#5]
BURN'm..............!!!!!!!!

BURN every damn one of them !!!!!!

if not made in the USA, it ain't an American flag, it may look lyke the stars'n bars, but it is still a Commie flag !!!!!!!!

BURN'm..., BURN every damn one of them !!!!!!!!!

gawd do hate chinks !!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:30:16 AM EDT
[#7]
wow, look at all the people speaking patriot thoughts on the internet- and the chips in your computer were made where?
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:35:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Personally, I wouldn't buy a foreign made flag simply because of the lesser quality, but I don't see a problem with other people buying them if they want.

To me a flags value is in what it stands for, not who made it. If the Chinese want to promote American patriotism then I'm all for it. I would even be interested in getting an Israeli made American flag.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:02:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what if they do make US flags?
If you can afford it, by a US made flag.
The availability of the inexpensive Chinese/foreign made flag will likely make it possible for some persom with few funds to at least buy and display [i]some[/i] kind of flag.
View Quote

You make a very good point there raf.

But there is something very not-right about an American flag that wasn't made in America.  [V]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
................ If the Chinese want to promote American patriotism then I'm all for it. I would even be interested in getting an Israeli made American flag.
View Quote

i dont think they make them because they want to promote American patriotism. its more about "cheap labor" than anything.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I know many of you hate Wal*Mart. But after 9/11 we ran out of U.S. flags in a matter of days. I mean within the whole distribution system. We had the chance to stock Korean made flags, and make more money off 9/11. The management of Wal*Mart decided that we would wait until American made flags were available again. We may have lost sales, but we supported America...

Scott

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i dont think they make them because they want to promote American patriotism. its more about "cheap labor" than anything.
View Quote

I never said they did it to promote patriotism, they obviously do it for the money just like any other business. However the fact that they are selling US flags to US citizens is promoting patriotism none the less, whether it is intentional or not.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#14]
We could not afford them if they were made in the USA by union shops.

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We could not afford them if they were made in the USA by union shops.
[:D]
View Quote

Why not have farmers make a deal with the U.S. government where they trade grain for U.S. flags?  Then they could give away the U.S. flags and collect a subsidity from the government because the market for U.S. flags is depressed.  Everybody wins! [rolleyes]

Someday I gotta take a typing class. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top