Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 8:18:27 PM EDT
Whats the deal with LEOs and "post ban" regaurding the '89 import ban.  Is it possible for them to purchase HK 91s and 93s, etc? What about Augs? How does the law work with that?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
89-import ban weapons have to be agency purchased. There was one exception for Augs for individual officer purchase a year or two after the 94 ban..they let some AUGs into the country for  individual officer purchase that had been stuck in paperwork when the ban went into effect.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, so the laws are basically the same with NFA firearms and post 89 import firearms?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
not with out letterhead. i asked my chief to give me letterhead for a 550 he looked up at me and pointed to the door.

p.s. i got out the door, peaked my head back in and said "c'mon chief, at least give me some flash bangs?" he replied with; "GET OUT!!" i also heard a "JESUS CHRIST!" from the office as i kept walking.

LOL!! no sense of humor i tell ya.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Most foreign weapons are available in semi, but its just a semi trigger pack, the BATF isnt satisfied with the way they are made, so even if they did get to this country the BATF would say they were really autos. ie any foreign produced (short the US parts count) HK with push pin receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top