Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 5:49:09 AM EDT
I figured it wouldn't be long....

A sample from http://impeachblanco.org/

Impeach Kathleen Blanco

This is a sad time for all of us who live in Louisiana. While I'm personally thankful for the efforts of thousands of people from across America who have helped us in our state's greatest time of need, I'm enraged by the lack of responsibility displayed over the last few weeks by many of the officials we elected.

Kathleen Blanco, the Governor of Louisiana is completely and solely to blame for our lack of preparedness and for mishandling the rescue and relief operations in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Governor Blanco's reckless disregard for the citizens of our state before the hurricane struck and her inexplicable actions in the days afterward can only be considered dereliction of duty. The state of Louisiana needs a new Governor, and I hope you'll join me in by demanding a recall election.

Specifically Governor Kathleen Blanco:
Failed to execute the state's emergency plan to safeguard the citizens by ordering a mandatory evacuation of Southern Louisiana in a timely manner.

Purposefully withheld food, water and hygiene items from the tens of thousands of victims stranded at the Superdome and the New Orleans Convention Center in an effort to get them to leave the area.

Delayed sending the Louisiana National Guard to maintain order in the city of New Orleans, allowing snipers to hamper rescue efforts and permitting looters to ransack homes and businesses.

Chose to spend the days after Hurricane Katrina engaged in partisan bickering and finger pointing rather than giving FEMA and the U.S. military the authority they needed to take over the rescue effort, relieve suffering, and save lives.

Governor Blanco is indecisive, more concerned with politics than duty, and has demonstrated a serious lack of judgment that clearly shows she is the wrong person to be the chief executive of Louisiana. I believe Governor Blanco should be removed from office immediately and replaced by a competent individual with the ability to take responsibility and make the decisions necessary to lead our state. Louisiana state law provides a remedy, and that remedy begins with a Petition to Recall.

Governor Blanco, you can point the finger at whoever you want. You can shift the blame, obfuscate the truth, and deny culpability in as many press conferences as you like. Until the day you stand before the citizens of Louisiana, admit your mistakes, and accept responsibility for your poor choices, I will not rest. Your actions cost lives, and you will be held accountable.
-- Chuck DeWitt, ImpeachBlanco.org
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:53:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:03:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
this is an issue that is STRICTLY up to the people os lousinanna. no one else.

Nowhere is it written that we can't cheer them on.

I was rooting against Gay Davis too.  Does that make me a bad person?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

impeachblanco.org/

hotlinked
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Her foulups are costing me money in terms of federal dollars.  Since it's costing me money, and since roads and bridges near me will have their upgrades axed partly due to the mis-handling the response to Hurricane Katrina, it very much is my business.

Eventhough I may have no vote in LA, I sure as heck can lobby, because that's what lobbys do.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:28:21 AM EDT
[#5]
And don't forget the Mayor of NO, who had time to also do something before it hit and did absolutely nothing...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No it is not... her incompetence and willful pettiness has had vast and long term National repercussions.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it is not... her incompetence and willful pettiness has had vast and long term National repercussions.

+1. We are all paying, therefore we all have a say to some extent.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#8]
tagged
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top