Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2008 9:17:56 PM EDT
Well i decided on my shop finally. its this type of building
www.us-buildings-direct.com/Assembly.aspx

i found a 20x30 for 2600 bucks.

i have a few questions how thick of slab should i pour i was thinking 5 inch with a healthy dose of rebar.
do i need to poor footings?

This will be my woodshop and toy storage (atv's cars trucks)

i also want to put a loft in the back like a Man came thats 10x20  havnt figured out the best way to do this do to the curved sides of the building.

also what are my options for insulation?

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#1]
As for the Insulation, check out the spray foam type. It should adhear to any surface and makes it pretty tight and even.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]
What part of Florida do you live in?  You are likely to spend double what you spent for the kit in concrete alone.  A 5" slab is a great start, but the perimeter footings will have to be pretty big to hold everything down.

Let me see what I have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top