Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2012 2:37:38 PM EDT
Anyone else hate this place?

It feels like a mixture of traffic jam and cows being led to slaughter.   I almost had to choke a bitch a few hundred times when people would just stop in the middle of the damn isle and ponder the meaning of life or whatever the fuck they were doing.  

Then you have the carts where all four wheels turn so the fucking thing goes sideways rather than turning.  The parking lot is sloped so with heavy shit in it it drifts sideways into the fucking curb.

ALso no gun signs.   I of course ignore them but damn that place would be a horribl place to get caught in a shooting.  
The only positive is that this is the first time my six year old daughter noticed one of those no gun signs and instead of blurting something out she pulled me down and whispered that it says no guns and kept oPSEC.  So I explained to her why we don't follow that rule sometimes.  Didn't even have to explain much. Just asked her if a bad guy would follow that rule and she did the math.  

I recomend never going there and I hope I never have to go back.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Good place to pick up women.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

"haaaaaay girl you like cheap ass furniture too?!"
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The best steak knives I've ever used came from Ikea. $3 for 6.

Bought a second set after my wife accidentally threw one away.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Tea Lights
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I've bought so much at Ikea that their next furniture line is going to bear my name...
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I went there once - never again.

In addition to the stuff you listed, it's a maze that forces you to walk the entire store & look at every single piece of crap that they sell on the way to the register.

We I go to a store, I want to walk in, go to the aisle I need, grab my shit, & get the hell out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Gaykea
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

and sweedish meetbals
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Food court's not bad.

But I hate the "you have to go through the whole fucking store" setup they have going on.

Overall..hate the place...yes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've bought so much at Ikea that their next furniture line is going to bear my name...

I can imagine a "Beetlebrox" end table
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#11]
There are plenty of shortcuts to get you through the areas you don't want to visit. They give you a frickin' map for crying out loud. It's really not that hard.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I always wondered that too.  I asked a Swede about the cheap furniture when Europe/Sweden has all that great old stuff that gets handed down.  She said thats true the old stuff gets handed down but if you need a dresser (or what ever) it's better than nothing.  So even the Swedes use Ikea as a temporary solution.  If your carefull it aint ALL bad stuff.  We still have some stuff in good shape after 10 years.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a shitload of books, so I like the adjustable, modular Ivar shelf system.

I bought some $8 floor lamps from them.

My computer desk came from there.

Think it cost about $80

So yeah for some stuff Ikea rocks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In addition to the stuff you listed, it's a maze that forces you to walk the entire store & look at every single piece of crap that they sell on the way to the register.

We I go to a store, I want to walk in, go to the aisle I need, grab my shit, & get the hell out.

There are secret shortcuts.....

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Ikea is the swedish walmart and who in their right mind likes going to walmart, but we all do.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#16]
OP should eat at Golden Corral tonight.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I always wondered that too.  I asked a Swede about the cheap furniture when Europe/Sweden has all that great old stuff that gets handed down.  She said thats true the old stuff gets handed down but if you need a dresser (or what ever) it's better than nothing.  So even the Swedes use Ikea as a temporary solution.  If your carefull it aint ALL bad stuff.  We still have some stuff in good shape after 10 years.

IKEA is for kids who are just starting to live on their own. Most of my furniture comes from flea markets.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Stay away from the particle board shit. Some of their furniture has a very nice finish such that you have to look underneath to see the particle board.

I've had a couple sets of dressers and a headboard/base set where joints broke out and premature strain/cracks could be seen around bolt holes.

Their solid wood furniture seems to be built well. I had a TV stand we gave away a few months ago.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii105/fireofsev/tvstand_zps85ce2856.jpg

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I love IKEA, they meatball plate for like $5 is great!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I went in there once when it was mobbed.

I mooed like a cow as I followed the line.  People answered me with moos.

Never again.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, they're the same everywhere!!

I love going home and spending three hours putting together some piece of shit
thing that's only going to last a year any whey .
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are secret shortcuts.....

The shortcuts are key
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wow, they're the same everywhere!!

I love going home and spending three hours putting together some piece of shit
thing that's only going to last a year any whey .

If it takes you 3 hours to put Ikea furniture together, maybe you should buy finished furniture and have it delivered.
My book shelves are 15 years old.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top