Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2015 1:53:28 PM EDT
If you like Pink Floyd and these guys come to your area, you owe it to yourself to go see them. They're not your average cover band.

The boy and I went to see them for the second time, Saturday night and they were even better than last time. What a spectacular show. Impeccable sound quality and outstanding musicianship. I was glad to see them take a couple songs and make them their own. Did an outstanding job of changing it up but keeping in the same style and flavor.

The last couple bands we've seen, we've been sorely disappointed by the sound quality. And these were artists you would expect supreme sound from. Satriani and Steve Morse both must have had retards for sound engineers. Brit Floyd rivaled Dream Theater for superb sound quality.

The light show was pretty awesome, too.

They did a large chunk of The Wall album along with some other greats like Dogs and One of these Days (intense!)

We had a blast. You would too, if you like Floyd.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.  Is this your video?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice.  Is this your video?
View Quote

Nah. I took a few 1 minute or so vids but they don't turn out all that well.

I always feel guilty holding up my phone because it's detracting from the person's experience, sitting behind me. So, I keep it to a minimum.

I didn't even watch this video because for some reason, this computer all of a sudden doesn't like to play youtube videos. it'll play liveleak and others but not youtube. If anyone knows anything about that, I'd appreciate some pointers.

There's a high quality video of an entire concert of theirs, on youtube. Worth the watch.  The female singers just nail it. The bassist/singer even sounds like Gilmore, some. I'll be going again, for sure, if they come to this area again.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
While I disagree with you about Boston , I wholeheartedly endorse the Pink Floyd thread.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]

I saw their Brit Floyd at Red Rocks show this weekend. I've also seen them live a few times. They are a carbon copy, note-for-note Pink Floyd tribute band, which may or may not be your thing. My first band was a Pink Floyd tribute band and our gimmick was to play The Wall, straight through in album order. We didn't go overboard to make it note-for-note though, we just tried to capture the spirit of the song.

I kinda think I like a tribute band that mixes it up a bit. But for a mimicing-type, exactly-as-recorded cover band they are very good.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw their Brit Floyd at Red Rocks show this weekend. I've also seen them live a few times. They are a carbon copy, note-for-note Pink Floyd tribute band, which may or may not be your thing. My first band was a Pink Floyd tribute band and our gimmick was to play The Wall, straight through in album order. We didn't go overboard to make it note-for-note though, we just tried to capture the spirit of the song.

I kinda think I like a tribute band that mixes it up a bit. But for a mimicing-type, exactly-as-recorded cover band they are very good.

View Quote

They were carbon copy last year. IMHO, they do Floyd better than Floyd does Floyd. (stands to reason as the original band is old and did a lot of drugs. ) I know tribute bands are generally looked at as second rate but I'm here to tell ya, these guys put on one hell of a show.

This show, they took two, maybe three songs and really elaborated on them. Money, Comfortably Numb and Run, they took to a whole 'nuther level.  The arrangements were exceptional, still had the Pink Floyd feel but were edgy and drifted away and back to the song. I was quite impressed.

Even the boy mentioned on the way home that he was glad they took some of the songs and put their own mark on them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Which One's Pink is the local 'Floyd tribute band. Likely one of the best tribute bands on the planet.

http://www.whichonespink.com/

View Quote

I keep hearing they are coming to San Diego but I have yet to see it come to fruition.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Which One's Pink is the local 'Floyd tribute band. Likely one of the best tribute bands on the planet.

http://www.whichonespink.com/

View Quote

Too bad they're only out there. I'd give them a try.

Brit Floyd tours all over the US and UK. I believe they hit some Canadian shows and iirc went to AUS at least once.

I kind of feel bad for guys (and gals) like this. They're great musicians but they're stuck in a gig. Probably making a decent buck but will never hit it really big being a cover band. It is what it is, I guess.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I mixed this band, Pink Froyed a bunch of times in the early 2000's. San Diego based.

Great bunch of people and they do sound just like PF. It was fun to mix them live.  Still around, and Thom is a real cool cat!

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Mmmm, No thx. I would only see the real Floyd with Gilmour or if waters went on tour
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mmmm, No thx. I would only see the real Floyd with Gilmour or if waters went on tour
View Quote

Dang. It took ten whole posts before the "That's beneath me" crowd showed up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Not as good as these guys.

Bonus points if you can make through the whole thing.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#13]
My gf got me tickets to see this based on the music in my phone's library.

She was born a few years before Division Bell came out, so I had to explain "the Pink Floyd" to her.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

I tapped out @ 22 seconds.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7pDNDuoJ0

View Quote

It's the Final Countdoooowwwwwwnnn...
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't know what you're missing. They are good enough to play Gilmour's 50th birthday party and have his full endorsement.

I haven't seen them since they were the Australian Pink Floyd but they used to kick off their US tour here in Pittsburgh for a few years with back to back nights.
One of the best shows I've seen and I've seen PF live, and Water's "Wall" show.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the heads up RR.  Looks like they will be here the end of the month and I now look like a hero with an awesome date night planned.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You don't know what you're missing. They are good enough to play Gilmour's 50th birthday party and have his full endorsement.

I haven't seen them since they were the Australian Pink Floyd but they used to kick off their US tour here in Pittsburgh for a few years with back to back nights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aussie Floyd is amazing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm tougher than you but it became unbearable at 1:01.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

25 to stay alive..
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:39:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you like Pink Floyd and these guys come to your area, you owe it to yourself to go see them. They're not your average cover band.

The boy and I went to see them for the second time, Saturday night and they were even better than last time. What a spectacular show. Impeccable sound quality and outstanding musicianship. I was glad to see them take a couple songs and make them their own. Did an outstanding job of changing it up but keeping in the same style and flavor.

The last couple bands we've seen, we've been sorely disappointed by the sound quality. And these were artists you would expect supreme sound from. Satriani and Steve Morse both must have had retards for sound engineers. Brit Floyd rivaled Dream Theater for superb sound quality.

The light show was pretty awesome, too.

They did a large chunk of The Wall album along with some other greats like Dogs and One of these Days (intense!)

We had a blast. You would too, if you like Floyd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyeWOnKKvU
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They really surprised the hell out of me, last year when we first saw them. I had looked them up on youtube and they looked pretty good but I still wasn't expecting the show we got. I really couldn't have been more impressed.

I don't go to very many concerts because I'm a picky bastard when it comes to music. But I will make an effort to see Brit Floyd anytime they come to my area. Them, Rush, and Dream Theater are absolute go-sees for the boy and me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Aussie Floyd is amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aussie Floyd is amazing.

X3  I saw them back in '07 at Infocomm where they played a private show for the guests of Crestron.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Work place rules prevent me from enjoying Floyd as I use to, great band would prob go see if locally but that will probably never happen
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was bad.

Like really bad.

They should feel bad.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#26]
The local PBS station runs a Brit Floyd special as part of their yearly donation drive.

They're impressive, to say the least.

Honestly, you could tell me they WERE Pink Floyd and I'd have to take your word for it. I don't know any of the members of Floyd by sight and their sound is dead-on, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I went to the show in the OP's post last year.  It was really, really, good.  The blonde singer who pulled off Great Gig in the Sky got a deserved, rousing ovation.  

We're going back next month to see them again.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I've seen Brit Floyd twice.  Incredible show each time.  Took our two daughters (10 and 6 years old) to see them last year.  The youngest heard an advertisement, on the radio, for the show they played near me last week and was really upset we didn't get tickets to go see them again.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I wanted to see them last year but tickets were a bit pricey as I was paying off my Jeep and house. If they make it back here in the future I'll definitely be going.
<---Huge Floyd fan.

BTW, I saw Roger Waters some years back when he was on tour..never again. With all the Bush bashing and liberal drivel it was almost unbearable.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wanted to see them last year but tickets were a bit pricey as I was paying off my Jeep and house. If they make it back here in the future I'll definitely be going.
<---Huge Floyd fan.

BTW, I saw Roger Waters some years back when he was on tour..never again. With all the Bush bashing and liberal drivel it was almost unbearable.
View Quote

I saw him on the Wall anniversary tour.  He didn't do anything but sing.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#31]
got a pair of tickets for next Monday night
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Never heard of Brit Floyd, but I've seen Australian Pink Floyd on several occasions.  They put on an excellent show.  Sounds very much like the real thing.

Caught the recent Roger Waters Wall tour.  I thought it was just OK.

For you St. Louis guys, a band called El Monstero puts on a Pink Floyd show around Christmas time each year at The Pageant.  I think they do a couple of weeks worth of shows and every night is sold out.  It's a small venue, but one of the best Pink Floyd shows I've ever seen.  I go every chance I get.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top