Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2002 8:53:28 PM EDT
California's Mount Whitney measures as the highest peak in the lower 48 states. Its most famous climb is Mount Whitney Trail to the 14,495 feet summit. Wilderness permits are required.

More turkeys are raised in California than in any other state in the United States.

In the late 1850s, Kennedy Mine, located in Jackson, served as one of the richest gold mines in the world and the deepest mine in North America.

The largest three-day rodeo in the United States is held on the Tehama County Fairgrounds in Red Bluff.

Located in Sacramento, the California State Railroad Museum is the largest museum of its kind in North America.

Totaling nearly three million acres, San Bernardino County is the largest county in the country.

Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuge contains the largest winter population of bald eagles in the continental United States.

The Hollywood Bowl is the world's largest outdoor amphitheater.

Death Valley is recognized as the hottest, driest place in the United States. It isn't uncommon for the summer temperatures to reach more than 115 degrees.

The first motion picture theater opened in Los Angeles on April 2, 1902.

Inyo National Forest is home to the bristle cone pine, the oldest living species. Some of the gnarled trees are thought to be over 4,600 years old.

San Francisco Bay is considered the world's largest landlocked harbor.

Sequoia National Park contains the largest living tree. Its trunk is 102 feet in circumference.

One out of every eight United States residents lives in California.

California is the first state to ever reach a trillion dollar economy in gross state product.

California has the largest economy in the states of the union.

If California's economic size were measured by itself to other countries, it would rank the 7th largest economy in the world.

Los Angeles is ranked the fourth largest economy in the United States compared to other states.

California holds two of the top ten most populous cities: Los Angeles and San Diego.

The highest and lowest points in the continental United States are within 100 miles of one another. Mount Whitney measures 14,495 feet and Bad Water in Death Valley is 282 feet below sea level.

Oh, I almost forgot, we have more homos than any other state.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
LMAO [whacko]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

More turkeys are raised in California than in any other state in the United States.

View Quote

Insert your own joke here...
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell Paul, us Yankees here in NY can top that,

Clinton (and thats 3 of'em mind ya!) and Schumer.

But I still think that Cali has more liberal pukes per square mile than NY. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Since 1/1/01 California has the largest number of illegally owned Assault Weapons.

Since 1/1/01 California has the largest number of legally registered Assault weapons.

California has the largest number of illegal immigrants. (how do they know that if they're here illegally?)

And, if memory serves, California has the largest number of registered AR15.com members. (maybe the second largest, lots of us have moved to TX)
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We also sport both Boxer and Fienswine - top that pair will ya'?
View Quote

New York runs a close 2d (ties?) with Schumer and Hillary. [puke]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Well here in Washington we've got a couple a dumb "ladies" named Marie Cantwell and Patty Murry.Never heard of em?Thats a reflection of how much influence and effect they have .

They're not the evil bastards you guys have,just mindless zombies that follow the liberal line word for word and never have had an original thought.

Whats a "landlocked"harbor?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn it Byron , It's Pattie "Tennis Shoe" Murray and for the last time I [i]DIDN'T[/i] vote for any of them . A land locked harbor is where in Hillary Klinton , that Bill [i]didn't[/i] stick his little [i]buddy[/i] .
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We also sport both Boxer and Fienswine - top that pair will ya'?
View Quote

Don't forget Waxman and Perata, although Perata only has local clout. And, of course, Jerry Brown and his "group home" in Oakland.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Whats a "landlocked"harbor?
View Quote

I believe it's a harbor surrounded almost entirely with land, which sometimes makes navigation a PITA because the winds tend to be low (in the old days, sail boats and all).
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But I still think that Cali has more liberal pukes per square mile than NY. [;)]
View Quote

Nope, go to the West Village in Manhattan and see for yourself
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top