Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 7:11:26 AM EDT
I recently joined myself but here's an idea I've had for a while now. The NRA should take out a full page ad in several newspapers across the country highlighting the NO gun confiscations and underneath quote the Bill of Rights and also the most recent Justice Department study that concludes the 2nd as an individual right. It can go something like this;

Citizens affected by the recent hurricane Katrina in (insert city) have unlawfully had their civil rights violated numerous times because of the confiscation of legally owned firearms. The 2nd Amenedment to the Constitution cleary states that the people have a right to bear arms and in this situtation, the need to bear was clearly demonstrated. Mass looting and violence called for the arming and protection of ones' self and this was clearly denied by officials who couldn't guarantee the safety of anybody. Thus we are filing a federal lawsuit against (insert name here) for these blatant violations of the Constitution. We feel that the right to bear is and individual right as written by the Founding Fathers and that confiscation of any arms by the government is setting a dangerous precedent that will lead to many more violations further down the road. The Justice Department itself has done a study that re-affirms the 2nd Amendment as an individual right guaranteed by the Constitution, so why are the confiscations allowed to happen? If you don't think this will affect you then you should ask yourself if 2nd is being violated now, what other Amendments will soon be deemed un-applicable in any given situation?

(Insert the Bill of Rights)

Please call your Representatives right now and demand a full accounting of the recent firearm confiscations in (insert city or state).

Sponsored by the NRA.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]
That concept would require MONEY, which so many people are allergic to donating.

God forbid the NRA solicit money...

Full page (or even quarter page) ads cost a lot, especially in the big cities. And I am not sure they would do much good overall, but I'd love to see them give it a try. A quarter page NRA ad in the NY Times? Sign me up - if only for the editorials and letters to the editor they'd get from the sheeple.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Before it goes downhill...I think the NRA only lobbies and preaches to the chior.

They will not spend money.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Funny, they didn't seem to have any problem spending 3x my membership fees on postage alone begging me for more money.

fuck the NRA
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Funny, they didn't seem to have any problem spending 3x my membership fees on postage alone begging me for more money.

fuck the NRA

Huh? They spend $105 on postage per year just to you alone?

Please tell me you're just exaggerating. Because this is silliness, noone believes it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top