Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 1:26:36 PM EDT
do they expect to keep and even gain seats in the house?

Am I missing something? It doesn't make sense to me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]
People are just too lazy and stupid to do anything about it except vote for the same losers time and time again.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Because the Republicans are responsible for everything that is wrong, duh....
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I honestly don't think they will but, if they do, it will be because they've been successful in blaming Bush for everything bad that has happened while they've been in control of Congress.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Angry people are going to place the blame for {War, Economy, Immigration} on bush and the party that supported bush.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
People are just too lazy and stupid to do anything about it except vote for the same losers time and time again.  

..................and the tards are expected ot gain seats.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The same stupid people that are buying Obama's bullshit will be voting for Congress.

/ thread.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"So, like, I'm voting for this guy because he's like, a Democrat and I'm a Democrat, so..."
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out Stossels new 20/20 show.  It shows how it is almost impossible to run for major office anymore.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#9]
TERM LIMITS
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Because most people are going to vote along party lines.  "Yeah, my guy voted for a bunch of stuff I don't like, but if I don't vote for him, the other guy will win!"
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Check out Stossels new 20/20 show.  It shows how it is almost impossible to run for major office anymore.

Link?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"So, like, I'm voting for this guy because he's like, a Democrat and I'm a Democrat, so..."

We need to rethink letting everyone vote.  A polltax and 10 question current events test should do the trick.

.........if you did not think the country is fucked already........CLICK HERE!
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Because everything is Bush's fault. Where have you been the last 8 years?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#14]
"Because we at Arfcom forget that "Stupid people in large numbers"vote and are a larger group than the contingent of smart people who do vote and "Stupid People in large numbers" do not pay attention to what or who they vote for!"- Fireguy3
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Congress' approval rating is what it is because liberals are pissed that they aren't being liberal enough, conservatives are pissed that they aren't conservative enough, and moderates are pissed they aren't moderate enough.

I wouldn't count on that approval rating translating into Republican gains, it should be a bad year for incumbents, but we have way more vulnerable seats than they do.

Best we can hope for  really is keeping the Dems from getting 60 senate seats.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top