Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/6/2006 2:58:34 AM EDT
Just saw this - been out of town. This section of 545 is literally 7 minutes from my place, and a road that I take when going out to Clermont. Unbelievable. Mr. Abdool needs to be shot while trying to escape.

Police: Teen Burned Alive Over Pregnancy

POSTED: 12:02 am EST March 3, 2006
UPDATED: 12:26 pm EST March 3, 2006

A 20-year-old man in Ocoee, Fla., was charged with murder after he confessed to pouring gasoline over his ex-girlfriend and then setting her on fire because she may have been pregnant, police told Local 6 News.

Winter Garden police officers investigating a report of a car fire noticed a small fire on the east side of County Road 545 on Feb. 25.

When officers extinguished the flames, they found the body of Amelia Sookdeo, 17, burned beyond recognition.

Sookdeo was reported missing by her mother earlier the same day after she left her home through a window without her parents' knowledge.

An investigation into the homicide led to Sookdeo's ex-boyfriend, Dane Abdool, 20, who at first denied any involvement in the crime, according to the report.

However, when police confronted him with inconsistencies in his story and presented a set of tire marks from his car photographed at the scene, Abdool confessed to the crime, Local 6 News reported.

"He admitted that he had met his former girlfriend that night, she sneaked out and he picked her up and went to his apartment in Ocoee," Winter Garden Police Chief George Brennan said. "From there they left and had an argument and he took her down County Road 545, forced her out of the car. He poured gasoline on her and ignited it."

Abdool told police that he was arguing with Sookdeo over her possible pregnancy and he was just trying to scare her, Local 6 News reported.

"The medical examiner found no evidence that she was having a baby," Local 6 reporter Mike DeForest said.

Duct tape was found at the scene, along with gloves to which Abdool would have had access to at his work, police said.

Abdool was charged with first-degree murder late Thursday.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:59:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I say eye for an eye...pour gasoline on that bastard and set his ass on fire. See how he likes it
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:01:26 AM EDT
[#2]
And lethal injection is considered by some to be inhumane.    How bout murderers get what they gave.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:02:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:03:10 AM EDT
[#4]
That'd be a pretty shitty way to go
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:06:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I;m thinking a viking funeral, but don't wait until he is dead and chain him to the boat
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:08:27 AM EDT
[#6]
He should be charged with Domestic Violence and have his account here locked!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:09:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I;m thinking a viking funeral, but don't wait until he is dead and chain him to the boat

Don't chain him, nail his dick to the boat
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't chain him, nail his dick to the boat

You mean the Louisiana boat ride I was thinking railroad ties between the bones of the fore arms, the dick could rip to easily once he was on fire
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:16:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:26:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:39:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Why don't we kill murderers in the same fashion they killed their victim? Shoot someone in the back of the head and you get the same; light someone on fire, and you get a bath in 87 octane...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:42:37 AM EDT
[#12]
KILL THAT STUPID FUCKER.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:46:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:47:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
KILL THAT STUPID FUCKER.

yup,,,,yip...i agree

id go on more about what i said about him in front of the wife and friends  when we saw it on the news but,, my redneck ass would get banned!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:58:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I volunteer my services as a marksman to blow this guys balls off with a .45.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:01:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I say eye for an eye...pour gasoline on that bastard and set his ass on fire. See how he likes it

Eloquent and concise.I agree,most heartedly,my good man!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:33:00 AM EDT
[#17]
The poor man is obviously mentally ill and needs our compassion and proper treatment.

Until now, mental health professionals didn’t have an effective treatment for mental illnesses like this. Fortunately, researchers at the Thuban Institute for Mental Health have developed a cure that had been tested and found 100% effective in preventing any further anti social behavior by the patient.

Using a #1911 syringe, the doctors simply inject a 230 grain dose of the element Pb into the back of the patient’s cranium. The treatment is usually completely painless as the Pb numbs the pain receptors in the patient’s brain as it does its healing work. On very rare occasions a repeat injection may be required.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:37:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The poor man is obviously mentally ill and needs our compassion and proper treatment.

I know I am willing to give thousands in  taxes to  try to better his life.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:40:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like he needs some anger managment classes and rehabilitation.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:43:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Speechless.

We as a society HAVE GOT to get this under control.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Speechless.

How exactly do you suggest we do that?

Sick shit like this has been happening as long as people have been around.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:00:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Speechless.

How exactly do you suggest we do that?

Sick shit like this has been happening as long as people have been around.

We can start by closing the borders.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Skip the jail and execution.   Straight to cremation for you my man.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:02:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eloquent and concise.I agree,most heartedly,my good man!

+1 some people are just sick
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:03:29 AM EDT
[#25]
I say give them a burning necklace a la Vic Mackie.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:05:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know I am willing to give thousands in  taxes to  try to better his life.

That’s part of the beauty of my treatment plan. It’s very low cost. I recently purchased a box of 50 doses of this new treatment from Wal-Mart for around 18.00 dollars. I don’t know about you but I think it’s worth $18.00 to cure fifty people of their criminal insanity.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#27]
perhaps a mongol style execution?

1. strip you nakid, sew you up in a leather sack filled with ferile cats. hang the sack up in the air, beat the bottom of the sack with bladders forcing the ferile cats to repeatable claw their way up and down the victims body flaying him alive slowy in the dark cat filled sack..

2. prepare a big pot, begin heating. place trussed victim into pot, bring to boil slowly. slow simmer until skin falls off..
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#28]

A 20-year-old man real life monster in Ocoee, Fla., was charged with murder after .....

fixed it

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:11:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Sad
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Since there's a picture or her I guess I don't need to ask if she was hot... get it? HOT?

That's just fucked. What ever happened to just punching a chick in ths tomach when you thought she was pregnant? That's the problem with our society... everyone is does the "extreme" route on everything. Damned reality TV.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:25:56 AM EDT
[#31]
When you lay down with dogs....you get up with fleas.....or 3rd degree burns.

Poor girl didn't deserve that though.

Yes, I think an escape attempt is warranted and would save taxpayers beaucoup bucks.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Abdool. . . Abdool. . . hmmm.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#33]
If you right wing fascists hadn't restricted abortions, she probably would still be alive today.  This is all Alito's fault.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#34]
A guy 20 minutes from here set his wife on fire and she was upset that he was convicted

ALEDO, Illinois -- A Sherrard man convicted of dousing his cheating wife with gasoline and then setting her on fire, was sentenced Monday to 30 years in prison.

Kristopher ''Bo'' Jones was convicted earlier this summer of attempted murder in the burning of his wife, Tanya.

Monday in court, she begged Judge James Conway to have mercy on her husband, asked him to hand down the minimum sentence of six years.

Jones, who is still disfigured from the near deadly burns on most of her body, said she had been an unfaithful wife, and that she wants to have a second chance with her husband.

''He is not the animal the state has made him out to be,'' cried Jones. ''Bo is kind, loving, gentle, compassionate, and a wonderful person."

''I need my husband. He is my world. I love husband'', said Jones. "Bo and I want a second chance. My children and I need him back I beg of you to have mercy, and give him the lightest sentence possible.''

Bo Jones read an unsworn statement before his sentencing, saying he is not admitting any guilt, but said he was sorry to his wife and kids, who he told the judge, ''need their father very much.''

The two have admitted regular methamphetamine use around the time of the burning, when Jones tracked Tanya to a Moline motel room where she had been with another man, disabled her car by taking out the battery, chased her down in her friend's car, took her to a remote field, splashed her with gasoline, and police say--and the judge believes--then lit her on fire.

At one point she had a ten percent chance of survival.

After the sentencing, Tanya had no comment for reporters. Her aunt, Kelly Merritt though, said she thinks justice has been served.

''I think he got everything he deserved. Tanya is the victim." Q: But she still loves him? "Yes, she does.''

In real time, Jones will have to serve 25 years in prison. He said Monday in court, he will appeal.

link: www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?s=3932400
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Its time to toss a bolt catch roll pin and an AccuWedge into his cell....then call in SWAT to finish the job.
............" Here is clear-cut evidence that Mr. Abdool was trying to build an assault weapon in his cell"
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#36]
You guys just want to waste a life.

I say we use him as the "Illegal Immigrant-O-Truth"

Does FMJ ammo really overpenetrate the human body?  One way to find out!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Its time to toss a bolt catch roll pin and an AccuWedge into his cell....then call in SWAT to finish the job.
............" Here is clear-cut evidence that Mr. Abdool was trying to build an assault weapon in his cell"

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
If you right wing fascists hadn't restricted abortions, she probably would still be alive today.  This is all Alito's fault.

Your logic is flawed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#39]
"Sick"?  Folks who wear aluminum foil helmets are "sick"

This is E-V-I-L.

Duct tape on the scene = premeditation.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#40]

originally posted by FLAL1A

Abdool. . . Abdool. . . hmmm.

I picked up on that myself, but didn't want to draw attention to that right off the bat. From a google search of the names, my guess is Pakistani or Trinidadian. It certainly is interesting, though.

I'll reserve judgment on that angle until more info comes to light...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Man she was only 17 yrs. old. Sad.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Call me old-fashioned if ya want, but in cases like this, I'm a fan of public impalement, myself.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Sounds like he needs some anger managment classes and rehabilitation.

I agree. He needs therapy.
Aluminum Bat Therapy.

Followed by a horrible, painful death.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#44]
That is a horrible way to die.  I hope he gets the death penalty.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Instances such as this reinforce my polarization from death penalty opponents.      

Amen.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Skip the jail and execution.   Straight to cremation for you my man.

Oh....  I like that idea.  Good one.

Magoo
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#47]
concrete converse and tossed overboard off shore a few miles - he doesn't deserve to be buried or given any recognition as having ever been here.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#48]
My daughter goes to the same High School. She new both of them. It causing a lot of static at the school.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Anybody want to lay money that "Abdool" gets off with a minor slap to the wrist because he was  only observing the cultural tradition of "honor killing" a mere piece of livestock?  After all, we bigotted insensitive imperialists do soooooo over-react to these things.

+1 to the 'straight to the crematorium'... provided Abdool is alive, well and vigorous when introduced to his new quarters

After all, What's good for the goose is good for the gander
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your logic is flawed.

Your point being . . . ?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top