Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:54:50 AM EDT
If your identity is stolen as a result of your employer allowing access to your personal info, what liability are they under?

My company has decided to put all employees paychecks in their mailboxes instead of walking around and handing them out.  The mailboxes are not locked, are open to public access and are not in an area that they are monitored.  This makes me nervous because the paycheck has your SSN, bank account # (if you have direct deposit), address, and pay rate on it.

I have voiced my opposition to this practice but nothing has been done.

Any thoughts?

M590man
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking I need to find out where you work and brush up on my counterfeiting skills..
But seriously, that's stupid. What if someone wanted to just steal the checks nevermind the identity. They could go to various check cashing place with a handful of fake id's and go to town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top