User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2002 5:14:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it is a great idea Dave.

I have been outa work for over 2 1/2 years now due to on the job injury.  Several members have helped with contacts.  But my main problem is still my condition.  You would be surprised how well interviews go until they find out I had an on the job injury!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried posting some job info a few days ago in response to some conversations in the Rise and Fall of the American Knowledge Worker thread. I even posted a second thread with some job info in it for specific jobs. I found a specific listing for another individual who inquired about a different region.

With as many people who frequent this site, there should be no reason that guys hang on and on for as long as a year without a job unless they are just so specialized or they are unwilling to adapt in the slump economy.

It takes more than one or two guys helping out though.

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I think it's a SUPER idea. My company is laying me off in December and I'd love to find an IT job somewhere in Utah or Idaho around that time.  It would be kind of cool if it was more than a thread and maybe it's own forum, after all, people are ALWAYS looking for jobs.

CrashBurnRepeat
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I also think this is a great idea.  I'm sure everyone in that situation is trying the usual channels, but many times a person would know of certain job openings that are not well-publicized.  This can be another supplement to the usual job pipelines.  It would be relatively easy to keep a member and his skill set in mind.

I sometimes hear of tech writer or programmer positions (NY tristate)

Personally, I'm looking for a product management position in the software/IT/financial sectors, in NYC metro or tristate area.

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to see a job forum as well. Currently I am in the IT field in Portland, OR.  My dream job would be getting into civilian demolition (explosives) work.  I was a Combat Engineer (12b) in the Army, and I miss doing demo.  I got six months of intense demo experience during the Gulf War.  Over the years I have found companies that do it but they are always not hiring.   It’s a hard field to crack but I am always looking!  
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Great Idea!  I have been looking for a year now.  Found some temp stuff but nothing in my field (mining).  Keepin' 'em  crossed and keepin' the wolves away.....

SRM
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#8]
[center][red][size=4]YES[/size=4][/red][/center]

I hate going through the usual methods. All of the jobs I have had, have been through others. Usually end up being a "shoe in".
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
If anyone one needs a layed off game designer in the dallas area ( I can do IT work too ). E-mail me.  [smoke]

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:42:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OK, that is more like it, I guess the title needed to be changed.

I will start a new thread, and come up with some instructions and see if we can't get this off the ground.

I really think this could work, and I know there are a couple that could use the help.

dave
View Quote

I agree. I think it should be tacked at the top.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top