Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 2:53:42 PM EDT
I'm beginning to wonder if buying my tacoma was a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, it's a great little truck but I'm thinking that I should have bought a double cab instead of my regular cab. My wife wanted a new vehicle but her parents didn't want us to have two car payments so they gave us their ford escape in trade for her Santa Fe.

The regular cab isn't too bad since it's usually me driving to work and we'll go places in it around town or when we go fishing. We have no kids at the moment and it's my daily driver(40 miles). I was tired of driving crap vehicles down an empty highway in the middle of the night so I jumped on it since it fit most of my criteria and was a decent deal. We have found over time though that there are situations that call for more room.

The way I see it , I have 3 options.

1. Keep my current tacoma and put a leer 100r cap on it. This will give us more storage room for stuff when we're out picking up stuff around town and for the offroad equipment I'll have. My wife plans to trade the escape in few years for a bigger tacoma or 4wd 4runner.

2. Pay off as much of the tacoma as I can before next summer and trade for a bigger tacoma/fj/4runner. I figure I can pay around half of the loan off and get a better deal on my trade value so I won't be upside down loan wise.

3. Save up cash to buy an older 4runner/tacoma/ wrangler. My problem with this is if I buy an older vehicle I won't trust it on longer trips out of state.

My current tacoma is 4wd and whatever I get will also be 4wd. I love that I don't have to worry as much about my truck offroad due to the shorter wheelbase but carrying friends along with my gear would be nice.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I would buy a camper shell first.

If you buy the right taco later on you can keep the shell and use it on that truck.

I know I probably won't own another pickup without a camper or bed cap again.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Option 4 - Sell it to me for a sweet deal.

You know, just spit balling.

Barring that, cap that bed.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're upside down in your loan you need to address that before you do anything else
View Quote

Not upside down at this time and if I trade for something else I'll be paying about half the loan off first. I'd like to have the truck paid off before next Christmas no matter what I do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top