Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2008 5:21:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/18/2008 5:27:01 PM EST by Alaskacajun]
I have a bunch of live plants and have been researching the T5 H.O. technology to help my plants grow. I work in electrical sales and sometimes we get light fixtures shipped in that arrive damaged... Over the past few months I have procured everything that I need to build a fixture to go over my aquarium...

Today I did a mockup with the fixture to see how much I need to cut off the sides, and where I'm going to build a hinge into the set up so I can feed the fish...

Here's the fixture! I plan on painting it black and building it into a hood so it looks like it belongs there....

Since the I plan on remote locating my ballast inside the stand, I ran a piece of metal flex out of the fixture to a hole located in the back of the stand. Inside the door I'll attach a box with a switch in it so I can turn the light on and off!

Here's some pics of what the aquarium looks like with the new light. I don't have my lamps yet, but they should be here by the middle of next week. Right now I have 4100 Kelvin High Output lamps in there. The lamps run 54 Watts each. I wanted 2 watts/gallon so I guess I got close enough with 2 lamps...

All of the plants are live and I have some Tiger Barbs, Gourami's, Chinese Suckers, and a few others that found their way into the tank over the years!

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:27:43 PM EST
Nice
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:37:40 PM EST
thanks...

- Clint
Top Top