Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 4:10:35 PM EDT
Look at this e-mail I just got:

"Hello,

We are a  growing company in Estonia (our  country is  near former USSR). Our
business nature  is wholesale  in general  electronics,  medical  equipment  and
agricultural area. We have 2 shops and several showrooms in Estonia.

We are  looking to expand our  business and want to use PayPal payment system
to make the  clearing process  fast, easy, secure  and  convenient  for overseas
customers especially from United States. Our company believes that international
relations  can start a  new  grade in the business and result in  successful and
profitable mutual work.

At  this time we are unable to open our own Paypal account  since Paypal does
not include our country in their list.

If  you  are  looking  to  make  additional profit we  will accept you as our
representative  in  your country. You will  keep 7,5% of each  deal we  conduct.
We  plan to forward our  merchandise in  exchange of paypal and  check payments.
Your part is very important: accept funds and forward it to us. It is not a full
time work but a very convenient  and fast additional income. Being our agent may
grow  into future  branch  opening in your  area if you  are interested  and the
business  will be on up and up. We  are going  to market our  production on ebay
and  other  online  auctions,  place  ads in papers  and develop  other means of
advertisement.

Please respond asap and you will get  additional details on  how you can  become
our representative. Joining us and starting business today will cost you
nothing.

Sincerely,
Alex Popov,
Director of UBS Marketing Dept.

P.S. We have obtained  your email  address  from the marketing agency on the
internet.  

I knew my SHip would come in one day.........
I'm calling:  [BS2]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Well... Afarr, since you're rich now- Can I have your AR50??  [i] Pleeeeze??? [/i] I promise I'll take really good care of it!

[:d]

PS. You coming out to the buffalo blast II on the 18th?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Grock,

Won't know until later that week--I've got call on Sat/Sun AMs and may have to go in.

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn it.

I was wondering what happened to my money.

Quoted:
We got a nice hand written letter from south Africa with the same kind of scam. They wanted to deposit $1,000,000 US into our account and would pay $40,000 for our troubles. The kicker is that they wanted [i]power of attorney[/i] access to our back account.

**cough** BULL SHIT **cough**
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Sincerely,
Alex Popov,
Director of [red]UBS[/red] Marketing Dept.
View Quote

[red]U[/red]ltimate [red]B[/red]ull [red]Shit[/red]? [:P]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
isnt estonisa the country always mentioned in the "dilbert" cartoon?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#8]
SuperDav,
I think its Elbonia in Dilbert comics.

Back to subject: Crooks are going hi-tech, this sounds much like the letter I received from some Royal Consul of Nigeria a while back...story went something like--some royal family was fearful of uprisings in the country and was looking for a way to move their money out of the country. I would be rewarded hansomely by simply allowing them to use my checking acct to move their money into the international markets.

I may have just fell off the turnip truck but I didn't hit my head...the letter went into file #13.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top