Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2001 3:30:48 PM EDT
OK, so of course you do but.....I don't.

My house was built 3 years ago and my 3 1/2 baths have 1.5 gal per flush cans. GOD IT SUXXX

Phuk whoever came up with that 1.5 gpf rule!!!!!![-!-!-]

God Bless you that do have one. You lucky sons o bitches.

Me and my well used plunger hate you(OK just jealous)
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Hrmm, perhaps if you need a plunger that much you should see your doctor. Maybe your plumbing is messed up  [;)]

Aviator
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine are postban but I converted them and have not had any problems since.  Work just like prebans.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
My house was built 9 years ago, it's postban. When I added a full bath downstairs, a postban flusher was all I could buy. I got one question: What good is a postban crapper when you gotta flush it 3 times???
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
X-Ring is correct. How do I convert my post to a pre ban? Will the AT(oilets)F care? Is there a form to file?
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]

sherm8404,
You must first have a class II toilet manufacturing license ($50/year).  You can then convert the toilet to pre-ban, afterwhich you must pay an 11% excise tax on same.  To do so without having the license and paying the excise tax will possibly make you liable for a $250,000 fine and/or 10 years in prison.

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#6]
How to get around the post-ban toilet and get a pre-ban toilet!!!

Go to a plumbing company (NOT Home-depot, HomeBase, etc).

Tell them that you own a small resturant, and you need a new toilet for the customer bathroom. Not a 1.5 gallon type. They will be happy to provide you with a high flow toilet.

Then enjoy a single flush toilet again!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Once again there are no pre/post bans in Canada with toilets either.  I have often seen cars crossing the border at Detroit with toilets.  They buy them here and run them acorss to their "free toilet" deprived zones.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
X-Ring is correct. How do I convert my post to a pre ban? Will the AT(oilets)F care? Is there a form to file?
View Quote

Well, with mine, there was a small cylinder overflow gaurd in the tank of the toilet, and it held the limit of 1.5 gallons.  Cut a hole in the gaurd, or remove it, and you have a non-transferable automatic post-ban!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Storm  bringer,  Are there any stores on the internet in Canada where I can order a preban plumbing.  I am about to build and my builder actually suggested finding someone in Canada to buy plumbing from and put it in after the inspection.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Just hold the handle down. Works on most post ban toilets. Works on pre ban also!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Guys & Girls!
Here in the Detroit area We've had quite a few people try to do the "Cross Border Boogie" with a "Working" toilet, only to be stopped at the U.S. customs with contraban (sp?) and not allowed to bring them in!

Just to let Ya know.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]
There is a plumbing supply I found on the net that sells pre-ban toilets.  They are out there if you look and really want one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a preban in the apartment, but the landlord adjusted it to use 1/3 of a tank and put a big bottle of water in there to save on his water bills, needless to say, it uses 4 gallons a flush again [:D]

I had a postban in my previous residence, I just got to where I took a dump, stood up, flushed, and grabbed the plunger, every single time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I plan on modifying the toilets in my 5 year old home or getting new ones in Canada myself in the not too distant future. I really hate the low flow toilets. I think they actually use MORE water when you have to flush them 2 or 3 times. I've heard that quite a few people near the Canadian border buy the high flow toilets and bring them back into the US. You most likely would not get caught bringing one back unless you:

(A) had in the seat next to you

(B) declared it (duh)

(C) were subjected to a random search (pretty uncommon here in Washington State)

I could easily bring some toilets back across the border in the back of the Suburban by putting some luggage on top of them or just bring them in on a feight train. It seems like Customs never searchs the freight trains when we go back and forth. I suppose if I was really concerned I know a few remote spots where the border can be crossed with ease, too. But really, I've never been hassled at the border. They only seem concerned about whether or not I have any dangerous fruit with me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Topic - I'll bet none of you have a pre-ban toilet!!
View Quote

I do in my garage, but my stack of catalytic converters is blocking the entrance.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By WhoMe?:

sherm8404,
You must first have a class II toilet manufacturing license ($50/year).  You can then convert the toilet to pre-ban, afterwhich you must pay an 11% excise tax on same.  To do so without having the license and paying the excise tax will possibly make you liable for a $250,000 fine and/or 10 years in prison.

View Quote

The 10 years of jail time seems worth it to me just so I don't have to unclog my shi**er anymore.

I'm so nuts for a post ban I'd sneak across the border with a pre ban toilet strapped to my back!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Man yall guys are fancy fellers my outhouse has a big hole and every-once and awhile we fill it with dirt and move it over a few feet. No flushing but boy the wife can stink errr up. I guess I should have bought a toilet pre or post before I bought this computer. [beer]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]

LOL@sneak across the border with a pre ban toilet strapped to my back!

(I got a mental picture of that the first time I read it, sherm8404. Thanks for the laugh!)

Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#20]
heh whats ironic is that simply shanges parts ona post ban toilet can make it into a "EVIL" assoult toilet flushing gallon aftter gallon with just aa single pull of the flush

heh any way just replace the floating thing in the back of teh toilet i forgot whats its called but thats we we did and it works or geta Pre wgatevr toilet
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Man just think one semi load of cigarettes going north and a load of toilets coming south and you could retire!
But of course the bars on the windows my get old after a while.
TF
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I got two American Standards, 1977 vintage. Love 'em so much, that when I move in two weeks, they're coming with me!

Paul
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Just bought a pre-ban house, complete with pre-ban toilet.  I was worried when the bath was remodeled as I thought the crapper was going to be replaced with a post-ban model.  However, the contractor left the preban model in place in the otherwise new bath.  [:)]

Yeah, the new ones should be called three flushers, cuz that's about how many times you have to flush em to get the sh!t to go down.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#24]
The place I live in is so old we just have a hole in the floor.[:D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a 1948 vintage detached tank toilet. It's been flushing since before many of us were born!
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I did like stubbs.  Mine had a white plastic cylinder, looks like the lower half of of a gallon Clorox bottle, that I cut a 1/2" slot down each side so that it emptys the entire tank with each flush. I did this on about the third day in my new house, 3 years ago, and have not had a problem since.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#27]
My house was built in 1925 and the upstairs toilet was from 1930 - a humongous 5 or 6 gallon per flush jobbie! I remodeled it with a post-ban model with no problems.  I do however live 1.2 miles from the Canadian border, and considered goin' over for a pre-ban model. Hmmmm, maybe I should have kept that high-cap model?
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hmmmm, maybe I should have kept that high-cap model?
View Quote

Your contractor probably made more re-selling your antique toilet than he made doing the remodel.

Link Posted: 3/31/2001 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Get a "handicap" toilet! You get the large
tank and you sit higher!
Top Top