Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2011 7:36:12 PM EDT
Seriously.  At my sister's for the weekend and her 20 month old son is sleeping in the room next door.

I wonder what babies dream about.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Same thing 12 and 13 year olds do, breasts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Seriously.  At my sister's for the weekend and her 20 month old son is sleeping in the room next door.

I wonder what babies dream about.

Titties and weed fo' sho'
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The nightmare would be the bewbies going dry.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dammit!  Beat me too it and first post wins again!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Eye hand coordination, speach, crawling, eating. The same surival things we dream about, just the ones they're working on.

Studies have shown we re-create our dailiy lives in our dreams with different scenarios to train in our sleep so when we encounter them while awake we already have possible actions and outcomes.

There was one big research project I watched that was pretty fascination where they REM deprived a group of students and conducted visual problem solving tests each day and the ones that were allowed REM sleep scored much higher.

They also wired up a lab rats brain and somehow coded it to 'show' what it was dreaming. During the day the rat ran a maze and the sensors shows what areas of the brain was active at each turn, during REM sleep the same centers activated and recreated the maze at night. The rat progresively ran the maze faster and faster when it was allowed REM sleep.

The theory is that millions of years ago mammals evolved with this 'training' technique to give us an edge in survival. It's why we dream about our fears, so when they really happen to us we already worked out possible reactions in our sleep and can better cope with the fear when things happen.

One common dream among military personal is in thier dreams thier weapons malfunction in different ways. I used to have a reoccuring dreams that the trigger on my gun wouldn't budge no matter how hard I pulled even with guys running right up to me, that's when I started looking into dreams to figure it out and found how common that scenario is among military/LEO. The theory again being because these professions rely on thier gun for survival that the dream is meant to prepare them for when thier gun fails them, and train them with alternate means to deal with a threat as well as remove or lessen the real fear if it really happens and allow a better reaction because it's already happend a ton of times in thier dreams.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#9]
They dream of candy canes and butterflies

And M60s that never overheat, and never run dry

Of daffodils and spring roses in bloom

And Spooky delivering shitloads of doom

They dream the same as you and as I

except for the dreams of fish-smelling pie

Babies, oh babies, oh what do you dream?

"Change my fucking diapers, before I scream and I scream."

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Studies have shown we re-create our dailiy lives in our dreams with different scenarios to train in our sleep so when we encounter them while awake we already have possible actions and outcomes.

That makes sense and I often am aware of working things out, often technical, during my dreams.

But explain to me this: my dream last week which consisted of me walking through a park in Georgia and a bunch of blacks were throwing frisbees around, some drunk hippie was pushing an ice cream cart, and I flew into the air to land in the middle of a nice resort where I proceeded to roger a chick who swore she was over eighteen.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes sense and I often am aware of working things out, often technical, during my dreams.

But explain to me this: my dream last week which consisted of me walking through a park in Georgia and a bunch of blacks were throwing frisbees around, some drunk hippie was pushing an ice cream cart, and I flew into the air to land in the middle of a nice resort where I proceeded to roger a chick who swore she was over eighteen.

Sometimes dreams are just random shit.  Like the time I dreamed I was helping David Warner smuggle peanut butter into an underwater bomb shelter town that had been told that the rest of the world had been destroyed by nuclear war, but it wasn't true, and they were just being held prisoner.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top