Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 7:44:04 PM EDT
The first person non-paying member who can tell me they have worked on a GSB-900, how they know what it is, where they happened to encounter it and explain exactly how they fixed it  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie?  900 is a lot of those bastards though!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Is that the Republican Hurricane machine?

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie?  900 is a lot of those bastards though!

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Its an old tube radio.  Made by Sunair.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Sunair DX HF Transceiver.
Seen one in a shack.
Hit it with a .50BMG.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, here you go..

The amplifier uses a single 4CX1500B ceramic tetrode. The RF deck ( 60 plus lbs.) and separate robust power supply (130 plus lbs.) are built for military or commercial use. The power supply can be configured for either 110Vac or 220Vac. Recommend the 220Vac configuration.

The amplifier will auto-tune within 3 seconds into a 2:1 or better 50 ohm load using an internal Jennings vacuum cap and heavy duty variable inductor tuning network.

I am using the amplifier just as a DX pile-up breaker and can tolerate the fan noise generated by both the fan in the power supply and the RF deck. If one is looking for an amplifier that can tolerate a long winded qso, or RTTY operation, the GSL-1900a appears to meet the requirements.

Hope that meets your requirements.

If so, then donate the membership to (pick a deserving person)

X  

BTW this info above compliments of : http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2449

ETA  IF I WIN, GIVE THE MEMBERSHIP TO AVIATOR - HE's BEEN HERE SINCE 2001 AND APPARENTLY NEEDS TO BE A TEAM MEMBER
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No that H.A.A.R.P and it was Russian intially.  Far fetched but very interesting stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#8]
SUNAIR ELECTRONICS GSB-900 DX TRANSCEIVER

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one in my office.  To not give away what it is so I don't ruin the fun, there are seven knobs along the bottom and an analog meter at the top right.  The second letter of the manufacturer is a u.  Let the fun continue...z

ETA: Nevermind.  Other people beat me to the punch.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#10]
As not to spoil things, all I can say is that we didn't have those for obvious reasons, diffrent job,
*R* *7 's here.

ETA : It sucks when you type slow
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#11]
"It's a transmitter for talking to God"
"You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together"

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#12]
42!!!

Oh wait, ummm nevermind.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Still no winner Gotta have a "personal" experience with working on it, and I will ask questions I will award a true winner
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:20:52 AM EDT
[#14]
You are all wrong.

What I am about to tell you should not leave ARFCOM!! It will explain a lot of the WTF'S? we post daily.

Back before Al Gore invented the internet, He invented the GSB-900.
This device was to be used incase he lost the election. The name itself explains the device.

GSB= George "Scapegoat" Bush.
900= Nine hundred million made up things to blame on him.

There you have it.

Before anyone throws the BS flag on me, Let me state this for the whole world to see.

May God strike Michael Moore dead if what I say here is not 100% accurate!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:31:37 AM EDT
[#15]
BEst I can do is an R-390A first piece of equipment they let us break in 33S school at Devens.
For fun we yanked the ground straps on other students and watched to see if they checked them/ if not, B+ floating on the chassis ! Yow!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:32:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Well, here you go..

The amplifier uses a single 4CX1500B ceramic tetrode. The RF deck ( 60 plus lbs.) and separate robust power supply (130 plus lbs.) are built for military or commercial use. The power supply can be configured for either 110Vac or 220Vac. Recommend the 220Vac configuration.

The amplifier will auto-tune within 3 seconds into a 2:1 or better 50 ohm load using an internal Jennings vacuum cap and heavy duty variable inductor tuning network.

I am using the amplifier just as a DX pile-up breaker and can tolerate the fan noise generated by both the fan in the power supply and the RF deck. If one is looking for an amplifier that can tolerate a long winded qso, or RTTY operation, the GSL-1900a appears to meet the requirements.

X  

ETA  IF I WIN, GIVE THE MEMBERSHIP TO AVIATOR - HE's BEEN HERE SINCE 2001 AND APPARENTLY NEEDS TO BE A TEAM MEMBER

uh gusy he said Non paying member  in other words if you can get in the restricted for team member area it anit for you
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:35:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought if you cross the RGB crynix cable connector to the ambient side of the DPR signal reducer slot you would control the non-existent radio freq. wave that transmit 3 billion times faster then then the triod sector of the freq. Damn, did I get that right.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:40:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't ya just love team-member spoilers?? I never understand why people with team memberships always have to post answers to contests for memberships. Is recognition that important?

It's been a long night.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:45:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I was about to chime in with the right answer, but I guess I'll just remain a non-paying member.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:48:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I was about to chime in with the right answer, but I guess I'll just remain a non-paying member.

You should answer. Maybe you'll win the bronze. At least you're eligible for it unlike several others who had to demonstrate their Google-Fu
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, here you go..

X  

uh gusy he said Non paying member  in other words if you can get in the restricted for team member area it anit for you

Thanks for pointing that out to me Pal. You've now made it crystal clear. Seems that his original post was edited (Non paying memebers) after I posted this, but since you are the topic nazi for today, why don't you add something that is woryh posting - Jeesh!

BTT for the thread
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No that H.A.A.R.P and it was Russian intially.  Far fetched but very interesting stuff.

www.haarp.alaska.edu/

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
"It's a transmitter for talking to God"
"You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together"

apartment42.com/images/raider5.jpg

Hehe
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Replaced the Translator Bypass Module ???

EDT: Damn RED X Disease
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#26]
The offer is still open, any old ET's out there ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top