Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 12:16:17 AM EDT
About a year ago, I heard Larry Elder (talk show host) saying we need to get rid of the welfare system altogether and Americans ware very giving people and will open their wallets to SPECIFIC charities and organizations.

I said BULLSHIT. No one is that giving. I agree that the welfare system should be MAJORLY revamped but as far as Americans being so generous... I dont know about that statement.

Well it is with the greatest humility that I stand before all of you and say I was WRONG!

As some or many of you may know that with my daughter having numerous heart defects my wife and another mom of a child with a heart defect started a Non Profit organization for children with heart defects and I cannot believe how many corporations stepped forward with donations.

I have no more room in my storage facility for these items. Taco Bell, Mattel, Tony Hawk, Red Vines, computer companies, I mean TONS of stuff.

We live in the best country with the most caring people in the world. I love it!!

If I was a liberal I would be singing Koombaya right now.

And NO I am not drunk

DrFrige
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Now if only I can get Bushmaster to donate a few XM15.... No no no.... Im just kidding!!

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I missed the threads where you mentioned these problems with your daughter. I'm really sorry to hear that & she will be in my prayers.

Other than that, I have always felt that we Americans in general are normally generous, friendly & kind people. I just wish more people that love to have us could actually get to know more of us so they could find out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been thinking about your daughter ever since you mentioned her condition and just waiting for the word to come from you.  Dont be shy about mentioning the support you've received from which heartless corporations and fat cat capitalists like Tony Hawk who have extended help to you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I missed the threads where you mentioned these problems with your daughter. I'm really sorry to hear that & she will be in my prayers.

Other than that, I have always felt that we Americans in general are normally generous, friendly & kind people. I just wish more people that love to have us could actually get to know more of us so they could find out.
View Quote

Thanks for the prayers!!

As I was talking to my brother he went on to remind me, "Whenever the shit hits the fan in another country wheter it be a natural disaster or man made, who is the first to respond...US!"

It seems that we are so busy in out everday lives to look around and realize that we do alot for others and expect nothing in return.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:31:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have been thinking about your daughter ever since you mentioned her condition and just waiting for the word to come from you.  Dont be shy about mentioning the support you've received from which heartless corporations and fat cat capitalists like Tony Hawk who have extended help to you.
View Quote

Oh you can bet the next time someone says how lousy corporations are, I will ask when was the last time the PERSONALLY did something without a price tag attached? there was NO STRINGS attached with the donations. However they WILL NOT be forgotten.

As far as my daughter goes... everything is status quo. surgery will be before she is 6 so we have up to three years to prepare.... UGH.

Thanks for the thoughts!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:35:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Keeping up the prayers for your daughter.  Now I'm getting a Chalupa for lunch tomorrow. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the prayers!!

As I was talking to my brother he went on to remind me, "Whenever the shit hits the fan in another country wheter it be a natural disaster or man made, who is the first to respond...US!"

View Quote

Not only are we the first to respond, we provide more aid than the rest of the world COMBINED! Balance that with all the foreign aid to the recent tornado victims in this country (if you can find any).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top