Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/27/2015 7:53:41 PM EDT
So yesterday I got to play with my uncle's newest toy, a C&B revolver with a detachable stock. It may have been increadibly impractical but that thing was just cool and now I need my own only thing is that I don't want it to be a C&B/blackpowder but as a .357/.38 (so I'm using my Blackhawk as a downer gun)

Or a totally different route and copy my favorite gun (no matter how shitty) from Metro 2033

And here's a neat one made by Alfa Proj (Czech)
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That is very cool!

You could always SBR and roll your own.  The grips come off revolvers easy enough, and if you have any woodworking skills, could be a rewarding project.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is very cool!

You could always SBR and roll your own.  The grips come off revolvers easy enough, and if you have any woodworking skills, could be a rewarding project.
View Quote

You're right there....

hmmmm, anyone know how different the grips are on a Taurus Judge compared to other revolvers? I could possibly start with a stock off of a circuit judge
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't KA make a suppressed revolver rifle thing
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/Brad_Gilliam/media/Mobile%20Uploads/450px-RevolverRifle-1_1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s462/Brad_Gilliam/Mobile%20Uploads/450px-RevolverRifle-1_1.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/Brad_Gilliam/media/Mobile%20Uploads/450px-RevolverRifle-1_1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s462/Brad_Gilliam/Mobile%20Uploads/450px-RevolverRifle-1_1.jpg</a>

Well that was a really interesting read, thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a Taurus "Circuit Judge" revolving rifle, and spare the Ruger the indignity of a buttstock and a 20 inch barrel. There are also hoops to jump through with the goobermint to convert a handgun to a rifle.

Better yet, go home and sleep this one off.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Does Rossi still make this?

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
How does that even work???  That's not how that works!!!  That's not how any of that works!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get a Taurus "Circuit Judge" revolving rifle, and spare the Ruger the indignity of a buttstock and a 20 inch barrel. There are also hoops to jump through with the goobermint to convert a handgun to a rifle.

View Quote

I'm no stranger to NFA and the Ruger (or whatever donor gun I end up with) would be an SBR. Those craptastic circuit judge abortions are not my cup of tea even if they're what I'm after

Also, I'm just into different guns that give a combination reaction of "WTF" and "holy fuck that is AWESOME"
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]

I've never seen the lever action one... I'd like the pure revolver one, but in .357 Mag. They made one in .44.

I heard the buttstocks cracked a lot.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Never imported into the US. But all of the curcuit judges are craptastic
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I could have sworn they make a stock for the SA revolver of wood and brass but this is all I can find on the google:

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How does that even work???  That's not how that works!!!  That's not how any of that works!
View Quote

In some SA country, semi auto is banned and DA revolvers are considered so. This thing was a work around.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I could have sworn they make a stock for the SA revolver of wood and brass but this is all I can find on the google:

http://jamesdjulia.com/wp-content/uploads/images/auctions/358/images/lrg/50574.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, pietta. This is the exact one my uncle had

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Get one of these then see what you have to modify to make it fit on the Blackhawk.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm no stranger to NFA and the Ruger (or whatever donor gun I end up with) would be an SBR. Those craptastic circuit judge abortions are not my cup of tea even if they're what I'm after

Also, I'm just into different guns that give a combination reaction of "WTF" and "holy fuck that is AWESOME"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Get one of these then see what you have to modify to make it fit on the Blackhawk.

http://www.oldsouthfirearms.com/images/products/detail/BuffaloShoulderStock3.1.jpg
View Quote

They require a notch cut into the frame to work. Maybe I could just drill and tap a hole into the frame to attach it that way...not as QD but no dremeling a big ass notch either
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/61162612.jpg

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I've never been interested in SBRing a pistol till this thread. Thanks. There goes a crapton of money:).
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've never been interested in SBRing a pistol till this thread. Thanks. There goes a crapton of money:).
View Quote

My idea threads always get someone to spend money
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Yep, that Pietta is exactly the one I was thinking of!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe make it something like this Uberti?   At one time Traditions made one for the Remington New Army pistol that would probably be an easy adaptation to the Blackhawk but my quick search is not showing that stock currently.  I nearly bought one back when I bought my black powder revolvers from Cabelas many years ago..

If my memory serves me correct it was similar to the Glock shoulder stock but attached to the backstrap of the grip.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#23]

+

+

=

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Maybe make it something like this Uberti?   At one time Traditions made one for the Remington New Army pistol that would probably be an easy adaptation to the Blackhawk but my quick search is not showing that stock currently.  I nearly bought one back when I bought my black powder revolvers from Cabelas many years ago..
http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/tnriverluver/uberti_zpswtt4jlrf.png

If my memory serves me correct it was similar to the Glock shoulder stock but attached to the backstrap of the grip.
View Quote

Whelp....turns uberti does make a SA revolver carbine in .357.....hmmmmmmm, maybe start out here and add a forend/cylinder shield

I was wanting to mount an optic too though....

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Just wanted to throw in a few pictures of the old Knight's suppressed telescoping ammo revolvo-rifle thingy from back in the day.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#26]

I don't have any suggestions, I just wanted to say good luck!

I fucking love oddball NFA goodies.

SBR AR? Don't care.

Integral suppressed mosin SBR chambered in 7.62X39? Awesome!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Check out this Single-Six.  Detail pics at the link.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Hmm, is it a good idea to put some metal in front of the cylinder gap? (to prevent a little burnage?)
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#29]
My high school shop teacher made a stock for his Dan Wesson 357. I had to point out the problem with his plan.

He ended up getting a 15 inch barrel. /He also ordered a couple extra barrel nuts. We welded extensions and milled slots for a flash suppressor and urned down the weld on a mill in machine shop
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just wanted to throw in a few pictures of the old Knight's suppressed telescoping ammo revolvo-rifle thingy from back in the day.  

http://www.mythicarmory.com/uploads/2/8/6/3/28636089/702666684.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1y0uqawWg1r9khx4o1_500.jpg
View Quote

Looks like the thing smoking man was going to off Mulder with.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#31]
You need to be careful of the blast.  The little ears on my Circuit Judge do a decent job of not getting small burns in my clothing or left forearm.  Not really needed and you could also get someone to make you a leather wrap for your forearm or be totally redneck and cut up an old Nomex suit to make yourself more comfortable and save money having to buy new ski jackets.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I found it!!!!   shoulder thing that goes up!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.mythicarmory.com/uploads/2/8/6/3/28636089/702666684.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1y0uqawWg1r9khx4o1_500.jpg

It was
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Check out this Single-Six.  Detail pics at the link.

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o607/gparrish/f8c02853.jpg  
View Quote

Drool......
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You're right there....

hmmmm, anyone know how different the grips are on a Taurus Judge compared to other revolvers? I could possibly start with a stock off of a circuit judge
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is very cool!

You're right there....

Taurus revolvers are somewhat close to some Smith revolvers with the same butt style(round or square), but not even in the same county as Ruger single action grips. I'd buy some extra Ruger grips(so you know you won't ruin the ones on the gun, worst case you cancel the project). Use them as a model for mounting points and make the stock. I like the idea.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
. There are also hoops to jump through with the goobermint to convert a handgun to a rifle.

View Quote

Only if short barreled. If barrel and OAL are legal, you can start with handgun and go to rifle(install long barrel first then stock).
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Taurus revolvers are somewhat close to some Smith revolvers with the same butt style(round or square), but not even in the same county as Ruger single action grips. I'd buy some extra Ruger grips(so you know you won't ruin the ones on the gun, worst case you cancel the project). Use them as a model for mounting points and make the stock. I like the idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is very cool!

You're right there....

Well, what I meant was finding another host gun if I were to use the Taurus stock so I'll see if I can find a longer barreled Smith for a good price. But I'll definitely order some extra grips. Thanks man
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well, what I meant was finding another host gun if I were to use the Taurus stock so I'll see if I can find a longer barreled Smith for a good price. But I'll definitely order some extra grips. Thanks man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is very cool!

You're right there....

Taurus used to offer the model 66 in a 12" barrel, if you can find one of those it might work with minimal modification. Then again, it will still be a Taurus.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't understand how the OP did not mention Fallout 4 in his post ... I shoot these things all day long in the game.  

One of my main in-game go-to's is a .45 LC, suppressed, with a night scope on it.  Interesting, for sure, but I'm not sure I want a real version for any reason.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't understand how the OP did not mention Fallout 4 in his post ... I shoot these things all day long in the game.  

One of my main in-game go-to's is a .45 LC, suppressed, with a night scope on it.  Interesting, for sure, but I'm not sure I want a real version for any reason.
View Quote

I would've but it's a pipe gun anything under 80 dmg that isn't 10mm is wasted ammo
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Yes, I saw one at a WY LGS a while back.

I'd love an SBR 454 revolver with a scope.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Taurus used to offer the model 66 in a 12" barrel, if you can find one of those it might work with minimal modification. Then again, it will still be a Taurus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is very cool!

You're right there....

Yeah but Taurus..... I'll look into it though. A S&W M66 6" used is around $500 though
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#44]
You could be cool like this guy
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You could be cool like this guy
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p25/CattJ/leevancleef.jpg
View Quote

That what I'm going for, but with moar post apocalypticness
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Figured it out! Found this while waiting for Spectre to start

Easy enough to do but I'll have it attach via 2 thumb screws on the back vs 1 and add some wood and leather to give it less of the wire look this is gonna be fun
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Actually, this is closer buy yall get the idea
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:53:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Figured it out! Found this while waiting for Spectre to start

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/73/7d/aa/737daa18d41aeafea142fb83000fe7a0.jpg

Easy enough to do but I'll have it attach via 2 thumb screws on the back vs 1 and add some wood and leather to give it less of the wire look this is gonna be fun
View Quote

Something like the old Ideal holster stock would be cool.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top