Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 4:03:09 AM EDT
She is a friend at works girlfriend.  HATES Bush, Loves Michael Moore, though Fahrenheit 911 was great!  I thought I was in for a hell of a night.

It went well. She is a small frame woman.  I brought a Ruger MK-II 22lr, a Ruger P89 9mm a Ruger GP100 357 Magnum and an AR-15 in 45 ACP.

I started her out with the 22.  First mag she was all over the place.  But she got better.  She fired 3 shots of the 9mm and said she did not like the recoil.  She fired 6  very accurate shots of 38 Special and said it was better, but that she still liked the 22 much better.  I though for sure I would freak the hell out of her by pulling out the AR…but she just said, “Hey!  I have seen those at Quantico”.  She fired a couple nicely accurate shots and said her favorite was the 22 followed by the rifle.  So I let her shoot the 22 all she wanted and by the end of the evening she was hitting nothing but the 10, 9 and 8 rings of the 8” Shoot n’ See at 7 yards.  She even, after asking if it was okay, picked up the MK-II mags and started loading them.  I showed her how to load the first bullet and she was fine from there.

The Liberals questions.

Why do people get big powerful guns, what is the purpose or “need”?
This was said after someone was shooting a Desert Eagle 50 next to us, and after I shot some 357 magnum, and she said “is that like my balls are bigger than yours type thing???”  I said that she just answered her own question.  A lot of big powerful handguns are used for hunting, but others are just plain fun.  You don’t need a corvette that can got 120 MPH, but it sure is fun.
The liberals response…….”okay, that makes sense”

Why do people need automatic assault weapons to hunt dear?
I corrected her and said semi-automatic and explained the difference, and said that not many people do use that type of rifle for deer, but those of us that do don’t got out and empty 30 rounds mags at the deer.  I have an AR-10, I enjoy the fit and feel of the rifle and I fire one shot just the same as any bolt action shooter.  I told here that the vision of people in the woods with AK’s and AR’s emptying mags at deer was a myth.  I get looked at strangely with my AR-10.  The purpose of the Assault type rifles is that they are accurate, they are fun to shoot and they look neat, none of us are out to mow things down with bullets except paper targets.
The liberals response…….”Oh…okay, than makes sense as well.  I see why you like them.”

There were some smaller questions that I won’t bore you with, but she agreed with me with every single gun point I made.

THE REAL KICKER

She is thinking about getting a 22 lr handgun. And she wants me to take her to the range again!!!

Also, when I told her that she could get an AR-15 in 22lr her eyes lit up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:07:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Set the hook, reel her in gently....

Good going, so far anyway. It's always good to show them the err of their ways.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:09:34 AM EDT
[#2]
A damn fine job.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:09:58 AM EDT
[#3]
This thread is useless without pics.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:12:47 AM EDT
[#4]
And...and... I'd hit it!  

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:21:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Man, that's great!  If only all the libs were like her.  She seems like someone who is intelligent enough to actually question why she holds certain ridiculous opinions.  Great job.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:25:20 AM EDT
[#6]
This just goes to show that 95% of the problems we face with gun rights come from ignorant people. By ignorant I don't mean stupid. I just mean people that come from areas where firearms are not a part of growing up and where all of their information comes from the evil 5% of the problem people who do know better that use that ignorance of others to their advantage. These evil folks are the Schumers, Kennedy's and Feinstein's of the world.

Most people who know nothing about guns likely think the civilian versions of assualt weapons such as the AR and AK knock-offs are full-auto machine guns. They just don't know any better. Then people like Feinstein get up in front of a camera with an AK (and a 75 rd drum mag that takes her 5 minutes to insert) and explain that 'these weapons aren't aimed, they are meant for spray and fire". Spray and fire?!?! WTF kind of comment is that? Of course you have to aim them, just like any rifle! And would not "spray" indicate the weapon was full-auto? That's how these pieces of shit use the ignorance of those who simply don't know any better in an effort to erode our freedoms.

How do we fight it? Just like this. One case at a time. We should make it a goal each day to introduce one new person to something firearms related. Only educated people can make informed decisions. If their only education is coming from CNN or ABC news, then they aren't going to have very much factual information. I used a similar approach on an anti-gun chick in New Jersey a few months ago and it worked wonders. By the time she actuaully took the plunge and squeezed off a few rounds, she was converted. So more importantly than anything, we need to educate these people who don't know any better. We need to help those who were not raised around firearms like we were. And we need to show these people that we aren't animals hell bent on destruction, just ordinary people who enjoy shooting sports and who wish to have the ability to defend ourselves from the violent criminals who are the real threat, not weapons.

You did well. Thanks for taking the time.

-CH
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:26:15 AM EDT
[#7]
How can you trust someone who allows MM to "Think"for them?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:30:11 AM EDT
[#8]
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!!! She is "The Mole"!!

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:31:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A damn fine job.

+1

Way to go !
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:47:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Charging_Handle summed it up perfectly.

There are a small percentage of people out there that have as a goal the abolishment of the citizen's RIGHT to bear arms.  Those like the MMM's/VPC/Brady Bunch WILLINGLY and PURPOSELY LIE to reach their goal.  They are TRAITORS and deserve to be rooted out everytime they spout their propagandistic filth.

The vast majority of people are, as Charging_Handle pointed out, simply ignorant of the FACTS and therefore easily used and manupulated by the TRAITORS and the media (but I repeat myself).

Having been involved with something else the general public knows little about, that being General Aviation, I can attest to how this works.

mjohn3006's trip to the range shows just how a little practical experience can forever change what has taken the grabbers and media YEARS to brainwash into a individual.

If you can make a left-winger (or a simple sheep, of which I was prior to 9/11) appreciate firearms and the reason for the Second Amendment, there's a very good chance that breath of fresh air will help cause the collapse of the rest of their house of cards, their so-called "logic".

Well done!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Did you show her your titanium tipped bunker buster by chance!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:00:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Which range were you at? The NRA Range? I was there last night... were you the normal looking fellow with the what-could-be-a-very-attractive-young-lady-except-for-wierd-hair-and-tatoos? Her belly shirt kept distracting me!

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:03:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Which range were you at? The NRA Range? I was there last night... were you the normal looking fellow with the what-could-be-a-very-attractive-young-lady-except-for-wierd-hair-and-tatoos? Her belly shirt kept distracting me!

I took her to Blue Ridge Arsonal.  She is recoil sensitive so the pistol range was fine, and I am a full member there...so it was free to take her.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:04:59 AM EDT
[#14]
You done good ....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:06:45 AM EDT
[#15]

“Hey! I have seen those at Quantico”.

Watch out,  she may be a federal agent.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:07:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I like blue ridge too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:09:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Pooper....pics....etc.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:09:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn you Mjohn! taking fine chicks to the range without telling me! awesome dude. simply awesome!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:11:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Good job. Now you know what to do.
Stuff it in her pooper and post pics.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:12:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Outstanding.

btw, where's the pic's?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:13:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
This just goes to show that 95% of the problems we face with gun rights come from ignorant people. By ignorant I don't mean stupid. I just mean people that come from areas where firearms are not a part of growing up and where all of their information comes from the evil 5% of the problem people who do know better that use that ignorance of others to their advantage. These evil folks are the Schumers, Kennedy's and Feinstein's of the world.

No kidding.  I took my parents shooting for the first time yesterday.  (They have always been "concerned" about my love of shooting.)  I explained the AWB to them, how the ability to lengthen the stock made a rifle an AW, etc.  I showed them my pre-ban shorty and my post-ban SPR, then I showed how the non-AW SPR could put 30 rounds in a very small circle at 100 yards and asked them if they felt less threatened by it.    They had fun, and I think they learned a lot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Great job!!!, next time stuff a camera in the range bag
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:14:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Good for you!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:15:54 AM EDT
[#24]
This is why I am very glad I did not tell her, "hey I posted our range trip on ARFCOM".

I'll just say this.  If she were not my firends girlfriend, I would have defenently stuffed the pooper and posted pics.

PS  I tried to get video of her shooting, but she said she just wanted the targets, no video.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey, bring her to the next dinner so we can get a good look at her!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top