BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2002 11:47:35 PM EDT
Apparently some aren't.

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/gunsuit021115.html[/url]

Out of Control?
Two Cops Sue Gun Dealer, Maker, Claiming Lack of Enforcement

Nov. 15    ? It was a man named Shuntez Everett who shot Orange, N.J., policemen David Lemongello and Kenneth McGuire one night at a gas station, but the two cops say a West Virginia gun dealer and the company that made the 9-mm semiautomatic used in the crime share the blame.

.... The Ruger was one of 12 guns that Songer bought for Gray on July 20, 2000. According to the lawsuit, personnel at Will's were suspicious enough about the multiple purchases to notify the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms ? but only after the transaction was completed.....

[i]And the BATF boys did what about this????[/i]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 11:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They should sue the body armor people for failing to supply a decent produce.

Sgtar1`5
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#2]
One or two of the cops from the Hollywood shootout were suing according to a show on the shootout.  Don't know what became of their suits though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 1:21:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Well what do you figure the lawyer is from the Brady Bunch, yah you got it!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 4:03:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The headline on abcnews.go.com now reads

[red][b]Killer Cops Sue Gunmaker[/red][/b]

A@@hole "journalists play fast and loose with facts"

I think  there were several officers that sued due to N Hollywood. I think they got nothing. Most of the time the defense to anything like this goes something like "the cops knew the risks, it's their fault for taking the job". Juries generally go with that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully, a national preemption law will pass the Republican Congress, putting a stop to this nonsense. [:(!]

At least Ruger has money to defend itself, so they won't be able to set a precedent without opposition...
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, it's Jersey, what do you expect?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top