Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 8:15:52 PM EDT
I wonder how many will do the same if Hillery is elected Pres?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
huh?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I retired from the military so Bill Clinton's name wouldn't be on my final discharge cert how many w

I wonder how they will replace them?

What?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
interesting
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I retired from the military so Bill Clinton's name wouldn't be on my final discharge cert how many w

I wonder how they will replace them?

What?

I think he is say how will they replace all the soldiers who will get the fuck out if/when Hitlery takes office...

Am I right?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The Presiden't name is on your retirement discahrge cert.  many of my gen retired rather than have Bill's name on it.  What if Hillery is elected?  How many will do the same to her that we did to Bill?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Presiden't name is on your retirement discahrge cert.  many of my gen retired rather than have Bill's name on it.  What if Hillery is elected?  How many will do the same to her that we did to Bill?

that makes alot more sense
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Not me.

Got 6 years and 9 months before I can retire.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that makes alot more sense

Yep, might want to edit your title and first post.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Not me.

Got 6 years and 9 months before I can retire.

Are you gonna extend your tour until the next freedom-hating asshole President takes office?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
You are in the fix my son is in, you have to stay, I had 20 already.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The President's name isn't on any of my honorable discharge certificates.  I've never heard of a "retirement discharge certificate."  All I got was a DD214 and a set of orders transferring me to the retired reserve.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Lots of guys left the military during Clinton's presidency.

I just finished the book "Dereliction of Duty" by Buzz Patterson (on loan from Photokirk) last night. Good book.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The President's name isn't on any of my honorable discharge certificates.  I've never heard of a "retirement discharge certificate."  All I got was a DD214 and a set of orders transferring me to the retired reserve.

I just looked at mine

DD Form 363AF, but it has the Wing Commander and Chief of Staff on it, not the President's name.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#14]
My wife retires in May.

She has already said that she would never serve during another Clinton administration, as she barely survived the cutbacks during the first one.

So, after 23 years she is pulling the handles.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I think he's talking about the "To all who sees these presents greetings" thanks-for-serving certificate, NOT the DD214, but I think that's only for those with 25 or more years of service.

The next president will take office January of 09, I'm eligible for retirement that August.  I'll stay in another 8 years to avoid She Who Shall Not Be Named signing my certificate.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#16]
my initial enlistment is up in Sept 09.  I don't care if Satan himself signs the paperwork, I'm out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#17]
While it's not really retiring, I have to decide whether to commit myself for 7 years active duty 3 months before the election next fall.  I'm going to do it, and hope for the best, but a lot of people I know are weighing their options because of the election.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Clinton's signature was on whatever the hell the certificate was given to me when I retired. It went onto the bottom of my birdcage. Seriously.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I knew two guys who stayed in just long enough to be sure Bush would sign their retirement orders.

I've got 21 in right now and more than likely will get mine signed by whoever gets elected this time around...  I won't let that ruin the show though.

Same kind of subject came up this morning at work.  One of my coworkers is going to retire in the spring and we were talking about ordering his flag.  Usually we order it from a senator from his/her home state and get it flown over the capitol.  His choices were Kerry or Kennedy.  After a LOT of thinking he finally told us to order it thru Kennedy's office.  He didn't seem too happy about but he isn't about to let that sour the whole thing.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Since when in hell did any POS (yeah: piece of shit))'s name start appearing on discharge papers?????

Most seriously, just checked mine and it only has the sign off of a LTC.    When'd this start?????????????

Thinkin' back on it, I'd be hard pressed to wish I had Johnson on mine.....Goddamn!!    I'da sent it back!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#22]
It's been on retirement certificates for as long as I've known (about 21 years).
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Billy Boy's signature is on my Honorable Discharge certificate, and I refuse to frame and hang it in my office because of it.  I can totally see the OP's point on this.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Well, I have examined my DD FORM 363N (REV 9-95) "Certificate of Retirement"

...received only after my stint in the "Fleet Reserve" in which one completes the required total of 30 years of service/association...

...and its signed by a Vice Admiral, Chief of Naval Personnel.

I don't have shit signed by the Pres....

I don't think that happens....

CPO SWCC US Navy (Retired)
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Better than having Bill Clinton's discharge on your final name papers!

(But just to be safe, you might want to go over those puppies with a UV light anyway! )
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

...received only after my stint in the "Fleet Reserve" in which one completes the required total of 30 years of service/association...

CPO - you're right and I stand corrected.  The actual certificate isn't signed by the president.  However, at every retirement I've been a party to there is also a letter of appreciation for service.  This one has been (at least in my experience) signed by the president.    I'm a little curious as to why the services would differ on this letter....  I thought it would've been standardized.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#27]
The thing is  you are playing right into her hands. She despises the military so you would be helping her start the downsizing early.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#28]
The thing is  you are playing right into her hands. She despises the military so you would be helping her start the downsizing early.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#29]
wow that's harsh
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I think he's talking about the "To all who sees these presents greetings" thanks-for-serving certificate, NOT the DD214, but I think that's only for those with 25 or more years of service.

The next president will take office January of 09, I'm eligible for retirement that August.  I'll stay in another 8 years to avoid She Who Shall Not Be Named signing my certificate.

I'm pretty sure that's the one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:47:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CPO - you're right and I stand corrected.  The actual certificate isn't signed by the president.  However, at every retirement I've been a party to there is also a letter of appreciation for service.  This one has been (at least in my experience) signed by the president.    I'm a little curious as to why the services would differ on this letter....  I thought it would've been standardized.

Oh, I see...

Well, I didn't get the party...

And certainly didn't get a "Letter of Appreciation" either....

Guess they didn't appreciate me...LOL  

Anyways, thanks for your service my friend.

Time for my morning run,

Later...

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:05:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I had been in the military like 2 years when bill clinton took over the office, and I have to say I knew alot of guys that retired or just said it wasn't worth it and hit the road. I din't understand that at the time and we will leave it at that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:24:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Better than having Bill Clinton's discharge on your final name papers!

(But just to be safe, you might want to go over those puppies with a UV light anyway! )

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:39:39 AM EDT
[#34]
I would never base such an important personal decision on what civilian is 400 levels above me in the chain of command.  It's not like I have to fetch coffee for whoever it is.  I've seen a lot more people retire because of bad immediate commanders.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:43:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Billy Boy's signature is on my Honorable Discharge certificate, and I refuse to frame and hang it in my office because of it.  I can totally see the OP's point on this.

Why? The fact that he is a complete sh*thead isn't any reflection on your service. All it says is that sometimes the country you've served isn't intelligent enough to provide you with a CIC fit for the job.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:46:44 AM EDT
[#36]
I am eligible to retire in a few years.  I don't know if I will hang out for 4 or 14 more but it won't matter to me who is in office when I decide it's time to go.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:49:41 AM EDT
[#37]
""I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962)."

Nixon's name is on mine.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:16:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I would never base such an important personal decision on what civilian is 400 levels above me in the chain of command.  It's not like I have to fetch coffee for whoever it is.  I've seen a lot more people retire because of bad immediate commanders.  

Well, I guess as long as YOU don't serve on the White House staff you won't have to worry about that.....
Tell me you didn't know that senior NCO's and officers served coffee and "treats' to party goers in the many "get togethers" that Hitlery and her dirtbag husband had while they occupied the Presidency...

Those military members were in full dress uniforms....

And, Hitlery used to comment, in their presence, how "that's all they are good for anyway..."

I think I'd wait....

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:46:41 AM EDT
[#39]
My father, CSM Army National Guard, retired during those years.  He sent the letter back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top