Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2001 12:50:21 PM EDT
I need some help finding a nice M1 for a small price can anyone help me out? And i dont want one of those shotgun news $398.00 heaps
Thx in advance
Mike
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Try the CMP.  You have to belong to a CMP club and qualify.  They have the Danish M1's for $400 plus $20 shipping.  US service grade for $500 plus shipping.  Check out their website at www.odcmp.com under rifle sales.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.odcmp.org[/url]

The best and really only place to get one.

Forget the gunshow ones, welded up Jam-O-Matics.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
local dealer has a genuine winchester for $800. if you can find one like that you`re golden. like everybody says, be careful. danish are ok but drying up. cmp is good, but there is good & bad there also (mostly good lately). there is a garand collectors website. try garand rifle .com on search. i`ll get you the site if it doesn`t come up, there`s a lot of good info there. also, fulton armory has some info. research before you invest....B&G
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
a lot of the garands you see out there now, are what i call "mongrel" variety. that is, a rifle that has been built from whatever parts are available, and as stated, many recievers have been welded up and new parts put into them. some of the " danish" fall into this category, since many were shipped here in pieces.(more pieces than rifles i`m afraid) as the guys have stated, you can get a decent "shooter" from cmp. otherwise, spend a fotune on a "c" unit and don`t shoot it, or get "crap" that won`t shoot!...B&G....[sniper]
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.cmp.org[/url]  --  LOL, what the hell is that?

Try [url]http://www.odcmp.org[/url]

They appear to be revamping their site.  If you have a hard time finding what you want, click on the large CMP seal on the right side for a Table Of Contents page.

LL
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#7]
"There are many like it, but this one is mine:"

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=926068&a=6762421&p=34056225&Sequence=0[/img]

Here is an M1 board if you want to check it out:
[url]http://www.m1garandrifle.net/cgi/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro[/url]

FITTER out

Link Posted: 3/14/2001 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#8]
CMP is the only way to go. It involves a little bit of paperwork and membership in a recognized association, (NRA don't count). If you are a vet you do not have to shoot a qualifying match. I did the paperwork and sent them a cashiers check for $519.95 and three weeks later Fed-Ex delivered a beautiful service grade Feb. 1945 Springfield to my door. I got a special pleasure out of that because I live in the PRK. Anyway the rifle had been completely redone at Rock Island Arsenal in the 50's and put to sleep until I got it. I can live with the mix of rearsenal parts but the only bad spot onthe rifle was where some GI seated a clip of bullets on the right side of the stock,8 perfect little punch marks, they will remain there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]
My vote is CMP second place is far behind. I purchased two from them the first one was arsenal rebuilt in 1964 and then must have gone into storage as there was almost no wear on the finsh and rifle was manufactured in January 1943. The second one had about 60% finish on the metal and the stock was fair to good. Both are good shooters and reliable.
Jim
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#10]
If you want to spend some money try miltech.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Henry Bowman at Bowmans Brigade has the cleanest, most accurate, BEAUTIFUL SA for sale. I've owned bunches of em and its the sweetest - it used to be mine. If you don't want it could you spot me some cash so I could buy it back from him?
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Go the CMP route. If your a cop or a vet you dont have to shoot the match.

If CMP doesnt work for you can always have Clint at Fulton Armory build you one.

Avoid the Century hack jobs.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 5:34:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Ar_15_Sniper,

I have one for sale.  If interested e:mail me.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#14]
and, synthetic stocks ARE available for garand, if you really want one. garand thumb WILL occur, not necessarily from poor operation, accidents do happen!!!!!!!B&G [uzi]
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#15]
AR_15_sniper

Go to this website I have personal dealings with tony and he does a nice job. You can trust him. Here is the website http://www.m1garandrifle.com/
I bought a SA Garand from a gun shop. I wanted  to check the barrel with a guage but they said they didnt have one. So the Garand looked clean receiver was in good shape. I take it to the range and the barrel and gas system is messed up. Looked hi and low for a good gun smith. I found tony. He works on only 3 guns. Garand,M1A and Carbine. Give him a try. If you stick to the 400 mark you are only going to get junk.Unless you luck out. I see in gun stores 600 for junk.  The CMP is a good source but thoses rifles need work also. I love mine and I wont get rid of it. I do have to say I like the M1A better. I think the M1A is a better design. Springfield Armory will be making New Garand receivers in the fall. E-mail them and ask.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't knock gunshows.  I got mine from one and have been very pleased.  If you do decide you want to buy from a GS ($450 - $800 for a nice Garand), make sure you do plenty of research.  Go in there knowing everything there is to know about them.  Check the Garand forums and ask plenty of questions, buy Duff's book and read up on them.  I became a so-called "expert", went to a GS, and knew exactly what to look for.  Mine cost me $600 and I've been thrilled with it since.  There's nothing like a Garand!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top