Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2013 6:31:13 AM EDT
I just got an email ad from Natchez.   Holy shit!   Their .223/5.56 "sale" prices still seem outrageous to me.   Now I admit that I don't shoot a lot of this caliber and I haven't bought any in a long time BUT I now better understand why ar-15 owners are shooting so much .22 LR ammo in their ar-15s using .22 adapters OR they are shooting their .22 rifles instead of their ar-15s.  

I think I understand "supply and demand" as well as the next guy but somebody in the supply chain is making one hell of a profit during the current panic.  And yes, I know we have wars underway and cost of metals have increased, but......not that much.  

So I am supposed to pay $499.99 for 500 rounds of 5.56 ammo and feel like I am getting a good deal?   Uh.....no thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:32:15 AM EDT
Again?

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:32:52 AM EDT
Not to mention the shipping!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:55:36 AM EDT
Quoted:
I just got an email ad from Natchez.   Holy shit!   Their .223/5.56 "sale" prices still seem outrageous to me.   Now I admit that I don't shoot a lot of this caliber and I haven't bought any in a long time BUT I now better understand why ar-15 owners are shooting so much .22 LR ammo in their ar-15s using .22 adapters OR they are shooting their .22 rifles instead of their ar-15s.  

I think I understand "supply and demand" as well as the next guy but somebody in the supply chain is making one hell of a profit during the current panic.  And yes, I know we have wars underway and cost of metals have increased, but......not that much.  

So I am supposed to pay $499.99 for 500 rounds of 5.56 ammo and feel like I am getting a good deal?   Uh.....no thanks.
View Quote

That's why I reload, also there seems to be a steady flow of ammo here....
Top Top