Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 12:24:08 PM EDT
I lost my father just recently.  It was unexpected and I still feel stunned, numb, emtpy with no sense of time or day.  Now I know the sorrow that cannot be understood until one goes through it.

My father was described by my best friend as being the kindest man he has ever known, and I could not imagine a better father.  He was a naval aviator in WWII.  We now have a new folded flag, some spent shell casings, and a few other items from his funeral.  My father was a private man who spoke little of his service, never unless asked, but certainly was proud and kept his medals, flight logs, many pictures, and etc.  I would like to put something together to keep everything in good shape, maybe a display of some of the items.  What ideas might any of you have or good suggestions for me to put something together to honor my father.  Pictures maybe of a similar tribute you have done would be appreciated.

Please accept my heartfelt thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
my friend, you have my deepest sympathy.
try this out. it may suit your needs.Flag Case

eta: a little pricey, but I plan on using this when the time comes
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you CB1- that looks like a great solution.

Regards,

GoGo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top