Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2008 11:56:26 PM EDT
I'm leaving in august, gonna be headed to Baghdad.  I want to take along a certain.. "L" shaped insurance policy that i'm not being issued.  Anyone had any luck getting one overseas?  IM with suggestions if you can.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm leaving in august, gonna be headed to Baghdad.  I want to take along a certain.. "L" shaped insurance policy that i'm not being issued.  Anyone had any luck getting one overseas?  IM with suggestions if you can.

Scrounge in country.
I understand there to be a few leave behinds to be found.  Especially from local police.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scrounge in country.
I understand there to be a few leave behinds to be found.  Especially from local police.

I only had luck getting makarovs and other weird guns the iraqi army cobbled together last time.  My CoC put out that we're not allowed to bring rifles or shotguns of specific types, so that means handguns is ok as far as i know.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scrounge in country.

I only had luck getting makarovs and other weird guns the iraqi army cobbled together last time.  My CoC put out that we're not allowed to bring rifles or shotguns of specific types, so that means handguns is ok as far as i know.

Bring what you want, but a good chance you won't take it out.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scrounge in country.

Bring what you want, but a good chance you won't take it out.

Oh, i'm definitely ok with that, even if i ended up throwing it in a garbage bin at the end of the tour, its worth it to me to have a $400 life insurance policy.  Besides, i could probably sell it for a couple hundred bucks to any number of GIs replacing me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Should have volunteered to come with my unit Boom we all getting them things, and I don't even want it.

Gimme a call sometime too.  I don't know what shift your on.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#6]
someone with a beretta 92/M9 with the appropriate paint pen arms room markings could probably get it there and back so long as he kept his fucking mouth shut and had a "copy of his hand reciept".

the above, while possible, is NOT recomended.

scrounging from the locals works, Soviet stuf, glocks, sigmas, stuffs all over
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Should have volunteered to come with my unit Boom we all getting them things, and I don't even want it.

Gimme a call sometime too.  I don't know what shift your on.

Days now, i'll call tomorrow sometime after noon here (i'm setting an alarm so i remember)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top