Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 1:31:55 PM EDT
So I have a truck that I am trying to sell.  Someone wants to buy said truck, but my ex wont give up the title (she says she "lost" it).  We are on horrible terms so getting her to file the paperwork to get a duplicate title wont work.  She has no legal right to the vehicle nor the proceeds from the sale of the vehicle because of the divorce decree.  I am stuck between a HUGE rock and a VERY large hard place
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If her name is on the title of the vehicle as the owner, you're completely at her mercy. I suggest having your lawyer call her lawyer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Go to the DMV, explain your circumstances and ask for a "lost title affadavit" be prepared to show proff of your ownership with your divorce decree.

Except I am currently in Indiana

Quoted:
Who's name is the truck in?

My name and then Her name
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Have you called the WA DMV and spoke to them?

Yes, they say the ONLY way is to have her and my signatures on the same piece of paper and notorized.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go to the DMV, explain your circumstances and ask for a "lost title affadavit" be prepared to show proff of your ownership with your divorce decree.

Except I am currently in Indiana

Quoted:
Who's name is the truck in?

My name and then Her name

you know what her signature looks like, right?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#9]
You are SOOO screwed!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You want me to go visit her?

I don't know what good that would do at this point...  KA3B may be right.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If her name is on the title of the vehicle as the owner, you're completely at her mercy. I suggest having your lawyer call her lawyer.

+1.  And while you're at it, ask your lawyer why he didn't keep you out of a mess like this.  Finalization of the divorce decree *should* have included the signed-off title.

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top