Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 4:42:17 AM EDT
I've got two youngins, a wife, a house, a mortgage, two cars (both paid off) and a life insurance policy.  I want to make sure things are taken care of in the event of the unfortunate.  
Anybody have an opinion on do-it-yourself will kits or should I just pay the couple hundred bucks and have a pro do it?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:43:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I've got two youngins, a wife, a house, a mortgage, two cars (both paid off) and a life insurance policy.  I want to make sure things are taken care of in the event of the unfortunate.  

Anybody have an opinion on do-it-yourself will kits or should I just pay the couple hundred bucks and have a pro do it?

Have an attorney do it.

Wills can be contested in court.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:45:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out Legal Zoom. Pretty easy and self explanatory.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:45:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Living Trust, avoid probate and easier NFA!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:08:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wills can be contested in court.

I would not expect any drama (crossing fingers).  There's not a lot of money at stake (no business or valuable heirlooms to fight over) and everything goes straight down the inheritance line (wife, sons, siblings).  The wife and I have already designated one of my sisters to handle the boys should we both pass.  My family and inlaws are pretty solid.  No bastard children or black sheep looking to take advantage of a situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top