Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 9:22:17 PM EDT
I offer another chance for arfcom to prove it still reigns supreme as king of all internet forums and source of all knowledege worth knowing. Why? - because I once again am stumped. So, another stupid question:

This is the first time I have tried to project a cable TV or VCR signal from my VCR to my LCD projector. I am getting no signal at all. Is there an issue with the analog - digital thing? It won't work routed through my receiver OR with the video connection going straight to the projector. What the are my options?

Thanks,

Adam
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:07:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There are no digital/analog issues, because the video signal coming out of your VCR is analog, just like the input on the projector.  I'm assuming you're using the composite (yellow RCA connector) connections, right?

I use portable projectors all the time at work, and someone is always changing the input device setting.  Our projectors can be hooked to two seperate VGA connections plus an RCA composite video connection, and there's a button to switch between the three inputs.  See if you have something like that on your projector.

Also, if you have a DVD player, you might try hooking THAT up to your projector as a double-check.  Right now, too many things could be wrong.  Bad cables are always the primary suspect after you've ensured the correct settings on each of the devices.

-Troy
View Quote

OK, here is what we know:

- Projector works fine with input from other RCA video source (buddy's TV).

- Projector works fine with input from DVD player with S-video cable or RCA video cable

- I have ruled out the receiver, since I cannot even get a video signal with a direct link to the projector from the VCR.

I guess my next step is to haul another display source (TV?) into thsi equation and rule out the VCR itself as the problem.

Thank you - I will keep at it.

Adam

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top