Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2005 4:30:10 PM EDT
so I walk into the Dr office today to get an ultrasound (no I'm not pregnant) and one of the receptionists starts smiling at me. My mouth almost dropped when I saw her. She calls me over to get my info and then walk me to the waiting area. Before I went into the waiting area I turned around and grabbed a newspaper to read.

her: "what are you doing?"
me : just figured I read the paper while I wait, unless of course you want to keep me company
her : sure, I'll even hold your hand (laughs)
me : no problem with that

so she walks away. and I'm sitting in this waiting room thinking about what to say. side note: I haven't had the greatest confidence lately since I put on some weight and my back has been killing me.

about ten minutes go by and I walk back into her area to put the paper back and she is talking with the other girls in the office.

her: are you done already?
me: no, I just wanted to see if there was anything else to read
her: we have some magazines over here (and she walks away from the girls to show me the magazines)

at this point I realize it is now or never. up until now I wasn't sure if I would talk to her because I was nervous as hell

me: I'm sorry I didn't get your name
her: I'm so and so.
me: so do you get a lunch break anytime soon, if so I'd like to have lunch with you
her: OMG that is so sweet, I already had lunch but I would have said yes
me: well maybe we can do dinner sometime
her: I'd love that, here is my number

We talked for a bit and it turns out she lives about five minutes from me...

Well I have no idea where the "game" came from because I thought I lost it. This girl seems to have an awsome personality and she is absolutly stunning

oh yeah, the tests came back fine. Hell of a good day!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
so I walk into the Dr office today to get an ultrasound (no I'm not pregnant) and one of the receptionists starts smiling at me. My mouth almost dropped when I saw her. She calls me over to get my info and then walk me to the waiting area. Before I went into the waiting area I turned around and grabbed a newspaper to read.

me : just figured I read the paper while I wait, unless of course you want to keep me company

so she walks away. and I'm sitting in this waiting room thinking about what to say. side note: I haven't had the greatest confidence lately since I put on some weight and my back has been killing me.

about ten minutes go by and I walk back into her area to put the paper back and she is talking with the other girls in the office.

her: we have some magazines over here (and she walks away from the girls to show me the magazines)

at this point I realize it is now or never. up until now I wasn't sure if I would talk to her because I was nervous as hell

me: so do you get a lunch break anytime soon, if so I'd like to have lunch with you

Well I have no idea where the "game" came from because I thought I lost it. This girl seems to have an awsome personality and she is absolutly stunning

Great!

Definitely w00t worthy!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
And then you woke up in a puddle?

j/k
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Way to close.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Stuff it in her poo

Nevermind.

Good Luck. Make sure to act aloof a couple of days after the dinner date. Don't seem desperate
by calling her too much. Be different. You gotta play this one just right!

HS1
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice one dude!

Is this what you did when you saw her ...  

I know how you feel about wondering where the game went. . . I lost mine when my fiancee left me last year.
Haven't talked to another woman since, and I'm scared as hell to even if I had the chance.
I am happy for you man.  It is always a great feeling when something like this happens, even if it is for another fella.... a team member at that...
So good luck, & let us know how dinner turns out.

M4-CQBR
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Where are the pics?
They always forget the pics

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, I'm sure she checked out your medical record, "for filing purposes" and if she still talks to you after that, then you're home free!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah, gotta play it cool. I've dated a bunch of girls since my last serious relationship (about a year and a half ago), but haven't met anyone really that I thought I could hit it off with.

This girl makes me nervous man, latin, long, I mean down to the butt, wavy black hair, light hazel eyes... man o' man...  

so when should I call. on the weekend or next week. ???
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Atta boy!    
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Do not wait a couple of days. That BS is BS.

ABC Always Be Closing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice....great going!

You NEVER know how or when you'll meet 'the one."

HH
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snipped by WG

Great!

Definitely w00t worthy!

Do you always have to repost the WHOLE FUCKING post just to say "w00t?"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nice one dude!

Is this what you did when you saw her ...  

homepage.mac.com/luismulet/.cv/luismulet/Sites/.Pictures/Emoticons/Jaw-Drop.gif-thumb_105_140.gif

I know how you feel about wondering where the game went. . . I lost mine when my fiancee left me last year.
Haven't talked to another woman since, and I'm scared as hell to even if I had the chance.
I am happy for you man.  It is always a great feeling when something like this happens, even if it is for another fella.... a team member at that...
So good luck, & let us know how dinner turns out.

M4-CQBR

Yeah my mouth dropped. She was so pretty I thought I was looking at a Victoria secret model. I hear you man, I lost the confidence when me and my ex broke up... did the match.com thing but lost the nerve to approach women...

side note: no pics yet guys... but how do you think she'll respond if I say "Hold this AR and pose for ARF.com" LOL
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Do not wait a couple of days. That BS is BS.

ABC Always Be Closing.

+1
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Hey, I'm sure she checked out your medical record, "for filing purposes" and if she still talks to you after that, then you're home free!

Yeah imagine. I was there to get my "boys" checked out. And she even had to type the reason for the exam into the computer...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Do you always have to repost the WHOLE FUCKING post just to say "w00t?"

Holy shit, your awesome.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Ask her if you can take her pic to show your friends on the internet.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I used to date so and so.

That bitch gave me the crabs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Take her out, but suggest you dump her ASAP, perhaps even right after picking her up to go to dinner. Just ring the doorbell, she will be all primped and preened and have the war paint on, and tell her she looks beautiful , but that it just isn't going to work out. Then flee in terror AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

You may laugh at this now, but down the road you will wish you had taken this advice.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Glad your test went well, and good luck with the lovely lady!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Way to go dude!

Now...take her out, treat her with the respect due a princess and...

POST PICS!!!

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Where are the pics?
They always forget the pics

Its a travesty.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Good for you. I very rarely have the courage to approach a woman Im interested in. I like the "let them come to me" routine. Doesnt work that well
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Way to go dude!

Now...take her out, treat her with the respect due a princess and...

POST PICS!!!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/LWilde/uselessw-opics.gif

Big +1
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Best of luck!  Treat her good and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Good luck and keep us updated....

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#27]
She's your guardian angel.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#28]
She used to be a guy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#29]

She has your file with all your info. Maybe even your credit report.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#30]
what kind of info could they get from that computer? I've only been there for a few tests and x-rays. ER only twice...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
what kind of info could they get from that computer? I've only been there for a few tests and x-rays. ER only twice...

She's already pulled your credit report, and knows just how long it will take to squeeze every last nickel out of you, then it's adios and on to the next victim, her friends probably have a pool going on how long it will take this one to go straight into Chapter 7, rehab or the looney bin...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Get off the computer and call her tonight.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Stuff it in her poo

Nevermind.

Good Luck. Make sure to act aloof a couple of days after the dinner date. Don't seem desperate
by calling her too much. Be different. You gotta play this one just right!

HS1

Ignore this fool's advice. Dont "act" anything.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#34]
What is this "game" I hear so much about.........BTW I can't believe you were so forward with her......your supposed to run away and hide......
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Every lab report ever done. They are all connected now. Even stuff from years ago will show up. They might have all your previous medical records on file too. Then there is your employer info. To put it simply, your bank manager has less personel about you than your doctors office.

It is extremely curious that she came on to you instantly. She risked she job acking like that. It wouldn't happen in her place of employment unless she knew you were single and available from reading your file first.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Way to go man!  Congrats.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#37]
finally one of you guys grows a pair and does the right thing instead of all the usual angst.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Remember that women are really into integrity. If you can fake honesty, you'll be in there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Every lab report ever done. They are all connected now. Even stuff from years ago will show up. They might have all your previous medical records on file too. Then there is your employer info. To put it simply, your bank manager has less personel about you than your doctors office.

It is extremely curious that she came on to you instantly. She risked she job acking like that. It wouldn't happen in her place of employment unless she knew you were single and available from reading your file first.  

first off, she was flirting with me before she even knew my name. second... I'm  a pretty damn good looking guy... never had problems meeting girls in the past. I just haven't kicked it to a chick in a few months, that is why I thought I lost my game...

how do you know all of this anyway?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
finally one of you guys grows a pair and does the right thing instead of all the usual angst.

Dude.....

If you are going to "take her out and treat her like a princess"......make sure you can do it long term.

I never have any problem closing the deal with chicks.....but it never works out in the long run.  Why?  I think I finally figured it out.

I don't want to do the "princess thing" long term.  It's that simple.  I am relationship lazy, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.  I have dated one or two women in my 35 years that probably really deserved it, but I just don't have that desire.  Sure, I work, don't do drugs, don't cheat, don't beat my women.  And I provide for them like you should.  But the whole romance thing irks me after a few months.  I would rather be shooting or working, and treat the other person, like, well, a close person!  Go out to eat every few weeks.  Flowers once in awhile.  Go out together every so often.  But not revolve my whole life around them like they are the "goddess of all damn time".  

So, nip it in the bud!  If you can't "treat her like princess" forever, enjoy it while it lasts, knowing that it will end.  If you can, good on you, and good luck!

how's that for angst???  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

how do you know all of this anyway?

I have a 3-ring binder full of logons and passwords

Of course every lookup is logged so even looking up information you don't require as part of your job can get you fired. When I want to have fun I just look myself up. I had a WTF moment a few years ago when I saw how they cross-referenced mulitple sources into the database.  The people who came up with that sytem should work for homeland security.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Be confident, that is where "Game" comes from.

Trust me, I know. I accidentally passed up A LOT of ass.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#43]
hey, we're all just havin a little fun here, she's probably a very nice girl.

Then again...

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Damn, that was a good story.
<--- for w-g
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Well did you call her yet?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#46]
no not yet. I have been working from home. I'll give a ring tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Finally another man with balls!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#48]
ABC-Always Be Closing

RE agent?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Finally another man with balls!

Easy there Liberace

Let's see...either "ITS A TRAP!" or "Draw Down"...hmmm...which one fits this situation best...I say...emm...draw down...immediatly...on the first date.  Show her who wears the pants.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#50]
How old are you, and how old is she...if you had to guess.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top