Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 4:33:40 PM EDT
I had some walnut leftover from a previous project, and when I saw the one that SgtAr15 made I decided I would try one myself.  What do you think?

OOPS!  Edited to add the pictures

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I dont see anything.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Walnuts good.  What do you want feedback on?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#3]
kinda rules out storing it loaded, huh?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice, indeed! Good work!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I like it, in a purely pletonic way of course!

AR15 BonerStand
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Very nice, indeed! Good work!

+1

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah it does.  I just wanted to see if I could make one!  It would probably fire one if it was already in the chamber though.  This rifle is kept "at the ready" in my bedroom.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks Great !
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Loading your gun? What, are you crazy? Are you suggesting that we might have to actually defend ourselves and kill something? Sweet Jesus, what has the world come to that you can't display a fine piece of machinery like an AR-15 without having to actually purchase bullets for it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Just my own persoanl opinion here, but....

Instead of the "walnut mag", I would have taken a USGI 30 rd mag, filled it with something to make it solid (Bondo, Plaster of Paris, etc), secured it to the base and used that to mount the AR on (might need to mill or chisel a slot at the correct angle so the rifle sits level).
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just my own persoanl opinion here, but....

Instead of the "walnut mag", I would have taken a USGI 30 rd mag, filled it with something to make it solid (Bondo, Plaster of Paris, etc), secured it to the base and used that to mount the AR on (might need to mill or chisel a slot at the correct angle so the rifle sits level).

I like this Idea and my just have to give it a try if I ever have a mag go bad on me.  The walnut was scrap, none of my mags are.  Of course if someone would like to send me one to play with...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top