[#3]
Oh hell, Slayer!! [peep]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Darn frank you just missed fleet week. An ex navy guy like yourself would have had a good time [:D]

mike
View Quote

Sorry Mike, I was never in the navy. But if you would like, I could introduce you to some seamen.
View Quote
He said semen. (HEHEHE)
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's a town only a mother(f**ker) could love
View Quote

Are you feeling suicidal tonight, or just plain stupid???
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you feeling suicidal tonight, or just plain stupid???
View Quote
I edited myself, but if you'd like, I'll make it go away(I know how to now)
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe, but you can get some good pizza. And the womenz ain't half bad either.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks loads Frank!  Just when I've finally made the decision to fly out next week for my first visit to NYC and...  of course my daughter would have to live in Brooklyn.  You've reinforced the belief that I should never go to NY [:X*]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm through with NYC. I've been living here too long. It's hard not to become a cynic after living here all these years. I have to put up with ridiculous idiocy like voting in mandatory school elections in which there's only one candidate for office.

Who knows, maybe after a few months in college I'll starting acting like a normal person.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Gotta love the Big Apple!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Ha,Ha, You guys have no sense of adventure. You couldn't pay me to live anywhere else. When I become a couch potato I'll contemplate moving out of NYC. But, until that happens, I'll stay in the city that never sleeps...
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks bunches Frank...  I do feel better again.  If it works out, lunch would be great too.  I'll be that old guy walking around with my head cranked back looking up at all them thar tall buildings you big city folks have thar in NYC [;)]
NB:  My kid has lived over in Brooklyn Heights for several years now, absolutely loves NYC, and is most anxious to be certain that I have an enjoyable visit.  Other kidding aside, I think that it'll end up being a most welcome experience [8D]  If you want, e-mail me a contact cell or telephone number and...  I'll give you a ring while I'm in town.
W
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Just wait till we get you down in Granbury Frank.  We'll take you out, and show you the bright light! (unless it's burned out)  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#17]
"Only in New York!"

I love going to the city, but I don't think I would  be able to live there for any length of time. Being 1.5 hours away is close enough [:)].
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Just recieved this lovely message:

from:   "lived in that nuthouse for the past 5 years, and I lost count of how many times my street exploded, and 6 people died from pieces of buildings falling on them for no reason, and one building in the East Village just plain fell down for no reason, and a car exploded a few feet away from me, and some guy on the subway kicked my head and didn't even take my wallet, and finally some sort of fungus started growing on the walls of my apartment and eventually growing on me and I got the fuck out. I'm still fucked up from it.

-- Blaze-Of-Glory"

And to think I thought this was going to be a boring night.  Well it is NY  LOL   [beer]
I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

from:   "lived in that nuthouse for the past 5 years, and I lost count of how many times my street exploded, and 6 people died from pieces of buildings falling on them for no reason, and one building in the East Village just plain fell down for no reason, and a car exploded a few feet away from me, and some guy on the subway kicked my head and didn't even take my wallet, and finally some sort of fungus started growing on the walls of my apartment and eventually growing on me and I got the fuck out. I'm still fucked up from it.

-- Blaze-Of-Glory"

And to think I thought this was going to be a boring night.  Well it is NY  LOL   [beer]
View Quote

Looks like we've both been blessed, I got the same message...
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
7 am.... There is a bomb scare a block away, our business is temporally shut down for about 2 hours and people are evacuated from the immediate area. (I am very close to the base of the Brooklyn bridge.....that's the one that the terrorists said that they were going to blow up!)
View Quote

Actually there was a bomb scare the morning of the 13th [b]and[/b] the 14th, both in the 1st Pct. They called a Level 1 Mobilization on the 13th
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
7 am.... There is a bomb scare a block away, our business is temporally shut down for about 2 hours and people are evacuated from the immediate area. (I am very close to the base of the Brooklyn bridge.....that's the one that the terrorists said that they were going to blow up!)
View Quote

Actually there was a bomb scare the morning of the 13th [b]and[/b] the 14th, both in the 1st Pct. They called a Level 1 Mobilization on the 13th
View Quote

Hmmmmmm..... maybe they heard that BOG was thinking of moving back into the area?  
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-- Blaze-Of-Glory"

View Quote

Looks like we've both been blessed, I got the same message...
View Quote

Me as well...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top