Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 10:45:01 AM EDT
I've made it through most of the NT, and the book of Genesis in just a few weeks.  Started on exodus this morning.  It makes my commute go faster and act as a time where I can get closer to God. The audio format isn't quite as in depth as traditional book study, but it actually happens which is the most important part for me.

Just thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Listening to K-LOVE is another great way to enjoy one's commute.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:46:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've made it through most of the NT, and the book of Genesis in just a few weeks.  Started on exodus this morning.  It makes my commute go faster and act as a time where I can get closer to God. The audio format isn't quite as in depth as traditional book study, but it actually happens which is the most important part for me.

Just thought I'd share.
View Quote

I've been listening to "The Secret about Mary" by St Louis de Montfort. Been really peaceful, while in traffic. I have insurance, which is great, but haven't been able to figure out how to download the audio. Maybe I will try a different app
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Charlton Heston read the Psalms on CD.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been listening to "The Secret about Mary" by St Louis de Montfort. Been really peaceful, while in traffic. I have insurance, which is great, but haven't been able to figure out how to download the audio. Maybe I will try a different app
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just thought I'd share.

I've got St. John of the Cross' "Dark Night of the Soul" on CD. It's very interesting but not the most uplifting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm on Leviticus and now my commute seems like it takes longer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm on Leviticus and now my commute seems like it takes longer.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Question - are the readings "dramatic" or are they straight reading?  Serious question.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Question - are the readings "dramatic" or are they straight reading?  Serious question.
View Quote

The one I'm listening to now, which is a NRSV-CE, is just plain spoken word by one guy.  It's pretty good, not dramatized or anything.  

I have this TNIV NT that they thought it would be cute to have a different person read each book, all of them dramatically, and it's not so great.  It's hard to keep a straight face when a woman is trying to imitate an enraged Jesus or St. Paul.  

ETA:  Here is an amazon link to the one I'm using now.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1598569546/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The one I'm listening to now, which is a NRSV-CE, is just plain spoken word by one guy.  It's pretty good, not dramatized or anything.  

I have this TNIV NT that they thought it would be cute to have a different person read each book, all of them dramatically, and it's not so great.  It's hard to keep a straight face when a woman is trying to imitate an enraged Jesus or St. Paul.  

ETA:  Here is an amazon link to the one I'm using now.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1598569546/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks for the link!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the link!

No problem. . Just an FYI, the audio Bible I linked to is on 4 MP3 CDs, not audio CDs, so you either need an MP3 CD player (the OEM radio in my 06 civic has this capability) or to load the files on to an MP3 player. They also have a zillion CD audio version but it's more expensive.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Listening to K-LOVE is another great way to enjoy one's commute.
View Quote

My commute is only about 7-8 minutes. When I actually drive. So my radio is set to K-LOVE too.  So is the FM radio on my cellphone for the 2 mile walk home after work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top