Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 3:15:33 PM EDT
Why don't we issue every American soldier/contractor or foriegn contracter thier own personal computer chip/global positioning system thing that will enable  them to be tracked where they are kept and our boys can then swoop in like the calvery and rescue them and blow the monsters away.

The chip could be put under the skin on their legs or behind the ear or somewhere.  The technology is there.

patsue
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats actually a good idea.  But I think the badguys will eventually catch on.  But what fun in the mean time.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Why don't we just release a pack of shit eating dogs?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thats actually a good idea.  But I think the badguys will eventually catch on.  But what fun in the mean time.  

Not if the chip is hid good enough.  Then the bad guys won't know who has a chip and who doesn't.  

It might cause this crap slow down at least.

Don't issue them to everyone, just enough so that the terrorists don't know who has them and who doesn't.

patsue
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Because they would get lost in that fucking place.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They are there, they just haven't been "released".

Here we call them Marines.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But would anyone (that mattered) complain?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Some very conservative folks would see that as the "mark of the beast."  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#9]
sounds good .
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think those devices are small enough yet to be "implanted."
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+100
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Shit eating wild PIGS!
And when we catch one of these shitbags shove a pigs dick up his ass, sew it shut and send him to meet allah.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The technology is currently in use.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds good in theory, but I'm pretty sure CAIR wouldn't approve it. Unfair advantage, you know.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

roflmfao
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Why don't we issue every American soldier/contractor or foriegn contracter thier own personal computer chip/global positioning system thing that will enable  them to be tracked where they are kept and our boys can then swoop in like the calvery and rescue them and blow the monsters away.

The chip could be put under the skin on their legs or behind the ear or somewhere.  The technology is there.

patsue

CAVALRY not CALVARY!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#17]
LoJack
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are there, they just haven't been "released".

Here we call them Marines.

This reminds me of that line in Happy Gilmore.

"I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!"

"You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#19]
This is one circumstance where chipping could actually be smart. It would be the best form of insurance in Iraq I could think of. Just keep it quiet so they don't catch on. Make em think someone is ratting them out instead. If they ever catch on, they would stop the kidnapping and just kill people on the spot.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

They are

'Digital Angel' is a commercial version...

And yes, it would be a nice, secure ID system for the military...

No more problems locating POWs of any kind, not just hostages...

You just have to make sure it only works when we're looking for someone, so the enemy can't use it against us...

In the mean time, the best thing that we can do is continue to ignore their demands...

Eventually they will realize that hostagetaking doesn't work...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#21]

I have an idea how to catch these throat cutting terrorists  

We need to reincarnate Patton:

Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his religion. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his religion.

Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of bullshit. Americans, traditionally, love to fight. All real Americans love the sting and clash of battle.

You are here today for three reasons. First, because you are here to defend your homes and your loved ones. Second, you are here for your own self respect, because you would not want to be anywhere else. Third, you are here because you are real men and all real men like to fight.

When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.

Now, you men are soldiers and Marines. You shoot, bomb, burn and destroy the enemy. All this tolerance stuff is a bunch of crap. The biggest bastards who wrote that stuff about tolerance for the New York Times don't know anything more about real fighting, under fire, than they do about fucking.

Now, we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the bastards. We're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy MoslemMaggot terrorists by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken-out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. Those jackals in rags are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position outside a Mosque. We're not holding anything. Let the rags do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything -- except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're gonna kick him in the ass. We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're gonna go through him like shit through a goose!

Sure, we all want to be home. We want this thing over with. The quickest way to get it over is to get the bastards. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. We'll win this war but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing thoses MoslemMaggot terrorists we've got more guts than they have.

Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home - and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, "What did you do in World War III?" - you won't have to cough and say, "Well, I posted tolerant messages about Islam on AR15.com."

Alright now you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel.

Oh, I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere.

That's all.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The technology is currently in use.

Really?

I don't think it actually works like a personal lojack system.  More like a supermarket scanner, if you're thinking about the "Digital Angel" type of system.

RF ID systems for livestock

Got a link for the people tracking part??
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I have an idea how to catch these throat cutting terrorists  

We need to reincarnate Patton:

Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his religion. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his religion.

Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of bullshit. Americans, traditionally, love to fight. All real Americans love the sting and clash of battle.

You are here today for three reasons. First, because you are here to defend your homes and your loved ones. Second, you are here for your own self respect, because you would not want to be anywhere else. Third, you are here because you are real men and all real men like to fight.

When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.

Now, you men are soldiers and Marines. You shoot, bomb, burn and destroy the enemy. All this tolerance stuff is a bunch of crap. The biggest bastards who wrote that stuff about tolerance for the New York Times don't know anything more about real fighting, under fire, than they do about fucking.

Now, we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the bastards. We're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy MoslemMaggot terrorists by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken-out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. Those jackals in rags are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position outside a Mosque. We're not holding anything. Let the rags do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything -- except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're gonna kick him in the ass. We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're gonna go through him like shit through a goose!

Sure, we all want to be home. We want this thing over with. The quickest way to get it over is to get the bastards. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. We'll win this war but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing thoses MoslemMaggot terrorists we've got more guts than they have.

Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home - and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, "What did you do in World War III?" - you won't have to cough and say, "Well, I posted tolerant messages about Islam on AR15.com."

Alright now you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel.

Oh, I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere.

That's all.

Won't work...

We're there to save Iraq, not destroy it.

If we aren't going to fight the EXACT kind of war you're complaining about, then we need to get the hell out... Period.. We're not going to launch any world-wide antimuslim campaign, so get over it...

We are there to HELP them, and the majority of the country sees this... However, it becomes alot less aparrent when we start using their country for a giant demolitions range, or killing their non-terrorist neighbors indescriminately trying to 'get' terrorists...

Since we ARE doing it the way you don't like, we need to keep doing it that way and stay...

Oh, and as for what I am doing in this war (which is NOT world-war-3), I am going to be fighitng it myself soon enough (unless I don't get selected)... Applicaiton is about 90% done now, just waiting for my LORs and the selection board...

Islam is not the problem, Terrorists are the problem... You guys keep going on your wound-up, irrational anti-muslim crusade... Fortunately, our government is more concerned about wining the war (which requires rational, planned strategy, NOT massive indescriminate destruction) than just getting pissed and killing folks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#24]
One thing that LOjack does not do is transmit from underground garages, covered parking lots, and locations where there are skyscraper tall buildings. GPS is line of sight the minute those guys duck indoors the signal is gone but the signal will be good until he reaches somewhere the line of sight is lost....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

However, if we "implant" a 22 or 30 caliber lead/copper "signalling device" in the terrorists, eventually we won't have a problem.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd rather not invade someone's personal privacy. this is the crap the people in the UN are trying to pull. trying to get everyone implanted and tagged like cattle.

the idea has merrit but it's opening the door for this kind of crap to use on normal civilians.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Won't work...

We were there to save Europe not destroy it.

Quoted:
We're not going to launch any world-wide antimuslim campaign, so get over it...

We're not going to launch any world-wide antinazi campaign, so get over it.

Quoted:
We are there to HELP them, and the majority of the country sees this... However, it becomes alot less aparrent when we start using their country for a giant demolitions range, or killing their non-terrorist neighbors indescriminately trying to 'get' terrorists...

Go and learn something - but have a safe trip. Really don't want to see you sitting there in orange someday wishing you had been a bit more suspicious of those friendly Iraqis dressed in civilian attire.

Not all Muslims are terrorists.

But virtually ALL terrorists are Muslims.

Think about it.

Quoted:
Islam is not the problem, Terrorists are the problem...

Nazis were not the problem. Nazi soldiers were the problem.

Ahhh... got it. That's much better.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Won't work...

We were there to save Europe not destroy it.
Been thru this before: The enemy there had a government that could surrender to us, the terrorists do not.

We did not have the technology to precision-bomb, we made do with what we had

And dead civillians actually MATTERED to the Japs & Germans (well, that and the destruction of manufacturing capacity). When the terrorists see dead Iraqi civillians, they don't think 'poor them, we should stop or the Americans will kill more', they are overjoyed that we are making an ass of ourselves, and making their job easier...

They have no civillians on their side, and no manufacturing capacity to protect. There is nothing we can destroy to make them surrender.

We must simply go in, and individually kill terrorists while doing whatever is possible to avoid killing folks who are NOT terrorists.

Or we should leave if we don't have the guts to fight smarter, not harder...

Quoted:
We're not going to launch any world-wide antimuslim campaign, so get over it...

We're not going to launch any world-wide antinazi campaign, so get over it.
Apples and Oranges. All nazis were the enemy, they were followers of the enemy government. All muslims are not. Big difference. Nazis -> Terrorists, valid, and we are in a world wide anti-terror campaign. Nazis -> Muslims INVALID, as only about 2-5% of Muslims are terrorists.

Quoted:

Go and learn something - but have a safe trip. Really don't want to see you sitting there in orange someday wishing you had been a bit more suspicious of those friendly Iraqis dressed in civilian attire. Suspicious is one thing, blasting them to bits just because they aren't American is another, and tearing their country apart while you say you are a 'liberator' is even worse...

Not all Muslims are terrorists.

But virtually ALL terrorists are Muslims. The South Americans would disagree with you. I think the Irish, and several Asian nationalities might have something to say as well

Think about it.

Quoted:
Islam is not the problem, Terrorists are the problem...

Nazis were not the problem. Nazi soldiers were the problem.

Ahhh... got it. That's much better.
No, very poor grasp of history, Mac... Once again, sledgehammer-to-pound-a-nail... Our Muslim allies over there would be very proud to hear you call them 'Nazis'.

In the end, the fact remains: If you are not willing to save Iraq (which means such things as not blowing up mosques, and going in on wheels/foot instead of burning a city to the ground), then there is no reason for us to be IN Iraq...

The only reason to be IN Iraq is to fix the place, if we are not willing to do that, we should be moving on to whichever evil dictator we feel like firing next...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'd rather not invade someone's personal privacy. this is the crap the people in the UN are trying to pull. trying to get everyone implanted and tagged like cattle.

the idea has merrit but it's opening the door for this kind of crap to use on normal civilians.

You give up alot of your 'personal privacy' when you sign up...

After the federal background check (list every place you've worked, list every school you attended, list every trip to a foreign country you have taken, list all criminal offenses resulting in a fine of $250 and up, list all family members, and the list goes on.), and the various other mandatory requirements, a chip that tells your commander where you are is a minor issue...

In the end, the only concern is 'what if the Enemy can gain access and see all our troop movements'...

If it can be assured that they cannot do this, then it becomes useful for alot more than just finding POWS -> no more 'what is your position', just look at the screen and see who's where, and where they should be going...
Top Top