Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 12:43:23 PM EDT
... last night that a mean-looking alien spaceship landed in my neighbor's back yard.

As I charged up the stairs to grab all my gear, I was thinking "haha - now I'll have the last laugh over all those people who thought I was crazy for having all of this stuff"

Unfortunately I woke up while I was pulling all of my gear out of the closet in my dream - and spent a few moments being freaked out and looking out the window for aliens.

Any dream analysis out there?  Does it mean I hate my mother?  [;D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It means you're gay. Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn.  [:(]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
What is your major in? What do you teach?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is your major in? What do you teach?
View Quote

I teach organizational behavior, leadership and negotiations (My degree is in organizational behavior).

What does that have to do with anything?  I'm confused.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]
It means...

...that you are SOOO past ready to go to Gunstock and spend a few days camping and shooting.

Kind of like you would be fighting aliens only slightly less hazardous...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, i'll tell ya.

When a man goes to college, he is deciding on a path that he will follow, usually, for the rest of his life.
What he chooses when he goes to make this choice says a lot about him.

Now, without putting too much faith into Freudian theory, which believes certain things represent the same things to all people (total bunk), I believe that by knowing a mans chosen profession, one can make a better guess as to what certain things represent.

I know you to be a European with a liberal soul.

Now I know you are a very organized man
Keen on leadership.
Interested in the interpersonal aspects of negotiations.

These things tell me that your perceptions tend to be more grounded and practical rather than ethereal.

Knowing these few callous facts makes a tremendous difference when analyzing your dream. So, from what I know of you, and what I know of your dream, I can tell you what the dream means.

It means your gay. Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, i'll tell ya.

When a man goes to college, he is deciding on a path that he will follow, usually, for the rest of his life.
What he chooses when he goes to make this choice says a lot about him.

Now, without putting too much faith into Freudian theory, which believes certain things represent the same things to all people (total bunk), I believe that by knowing a mans chosen profession, one can make a better guess as to what certain things represent.

I know you to be a European with a liberal soul.

Now I know you are a very organized man
Keen on leadership.
Interested in the interpersonal aspects of negotiations.

These things tell me that your perceptions tend to be more grounded and practical rather than ethereal.

Knowing these few callous facts makes a tremendous difference when analyzing your dream. So, from what I know of you, and what I know of your dream, I can tell you what the dream means.

It means your gay. Sorry.
View Quote

[ROFL]  You should have your own tv show
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The crossing over of the alpha state directly into consciousness is a sign of impending mental collapse.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Did Andromeda or Sheba (of Battlestar Galactica fame) get out?  If they did, that was about to become a good, no very good dream.  Not a good show to be on TV when a boy is going through puberty.

[IMG]http://battlestarfanclub.com/battlestar/photos/bgpic16.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn, and all I dreamed about last night was sitting in the hot tub with the Swedish Bikini Team.[naughty]

ED
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Space Alien dream = fear of the unknown.

Hows that for uneducated amateur psychology?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Gay.
Probably a bed-wetter too.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#13]
You secretly desire to do the tango with the football coach.

Totally gay.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Well - the consesus appears to be that I am gay.

At least I was "outed" in a place where I'll be accepted and embraced  [:D]  Now, what the hell do I tell my fiancee?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Now, what the hell do I tell my fiancee?
View Quote

That you want her to buy a strap-on?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#16]
You're on the brink of sobriety.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

What - you think she doesn't already know? [:D]
j/k
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That you want her to buy a strap-on?
View Quote

Now that's an image in my head I could have done without.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Seriously though, it's a dream of insecurity and frustration.

You're insecure about something and you don't know (or won't let yourself admit) what it is. That's the alien.

It's something that's been simmering on the periphery of your attention for some time but still close to home. That's your neighbor's yard.

You also have some frustration about unfinished work or other "issues". That's the "Ha - I'll show them but waking up before you're done" part.

Stress, apprehension and frustration.

Go tap a brew and chill. Think about it. It will come to you.

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Seriously though, it's a dream of insecurity and frustration.

Stress, apprehension and frustration.

View Quote

That's actually interesting (and frightening) - because my life is FULL of stress, apprehension and frustration these days.

That's either an amazing coincidence, or you actually know exactly what you're talking about.

Since you're obviously very clever - I'm definitely going to take your advice and have a brew and chill.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You're on the brink of sobriety.
View Quote

[sigh]...no one listens to me...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#22]
did someone say something?  Did anyone else hear anything? [;)]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#23]
[booze]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What - you think she doesn't already know? [:D]
j/k
View Quote

Tell her that you always did feel like a lesbian, trapped in a man's body[:P]
(Think about it)
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Gay.
Really though, The_Macallan nailed it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
... last night that a mean-looking alien spaceship landed in my neighbor's back yard.

As I charged up the stairs to grab all my gear, I was thinking "haha - now I'll have the last laugh over all those people who thought I was crazy for having all of this stuff"

Unfortunately I woke up while I was pulling all of my gear out of the closet in my dream - and spent a few moments being freaked out and looking out the window for aliens.

Any dream analysis out there?  Does it mean I hate my mother?  [;D]
View Quote

You are definitely gay!

The alien aspect of the dream represents the unknown.  In particular, something you are aware of but afraid to confront.   Your desire to run to the "closet" and extract all of your "gear" is your desire to embrace your homosexuality in a very open, public, and flamboyant way. This is why the aliens and their great ship are there to greet you.  You woke up due to the years of repression and were, "freaked out" over how close you came to giving in to your true nature..........................................................or you just had a bad dream.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well - the consesus appears to be that I am gay.

At least I was "outed" in a place where I'll be accepted and embraced  [:D]  Now, what the hell do I tell my fiancee?
View Quote

I've been talking with the guys here...and well, we think she might be gay too.

Sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top