Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2002 9:43:22 PM EDT
I took the NYPD exam in February.  I figured it'd be a while before I heard from them, but in today's mail I received a letter stating that I passed the PO exam and that I need to report to the Academy to fill out papers to be eligible for the next class (tentatively starting on July 1st).
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have to take other tests?  Is that all there is to get into the Academy?  Or have you taken all the other tests such as the agility test, etc?  Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Good for you!
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do you have to take other tests?  Is that all there is to get into the Academy?  Or have you taken all the other tests such as the agility test, etc?  Good luck.
View Quote

I find out all the details tommorrow.  As far as I know, I go through a medical, then Psycological/backround check, then next stop is the Academy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]
congrats..[beer]

Good luck and of couse keep us informed.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.  Well I spent the better part pf the day today at the NYPD Academy filling out forms and getting fingerprinted and photographed.  The medical exam is set for Tuesday.  I have to call my investigator in 10 days and in 2 weeks there is a physical test (You were right Guntoter) which basically is some running, hopping over a 6 foot fence, around barrels, another 5 foot fence, stairs, push/pull a 120 lb sled, more stairs and a dummy drag.  It should be fun. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats and good luck on the rest of the process!
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Good to go, and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Passed the medical today.  They sure are rushing us through.  It took 8 hours, most of it sitting on our butts waiting, but everything went smoothly.  Friday I have the written psycological, the next Wednesday the Agility test.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Vinnie,

Congrats on making it so far. Lot's of hurry up and wait huh? Let me know if there is anything I can help you out with. Oh yeah, pic the Sig or the G19!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Vinnie,

Congrats on making it so far. Lot's of hurry up and wait huh? Let me know if there is anything I can help you out with. Oh yeah, pic the Sig or the G19!
View Quote

Naa, Smith & Wesson!! [:D]

Then get the G26.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Excellent Vinnie Me and Waverunner were praying you made the next class. Your going to go through the Summer in PT. But then again a killer like you in the shape your in will have no problem. Best of luck and we have to get together before you start.

Oh yea like Waverunner said Glock or Sig. I most likely would take the Glock.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Another hellish "hurry up and wait" day.

mental note: Parking garages fill up quickly around the Academy.  Plan on taking the train on weekdays.

Today was the written psycological.  1000+ true and false questions.  Actually it was more like 100 of the same question asked over and over again in different ways.  Between the lack of sleep and the hunger from siting there for 6 hours, I almost fell asleep 3 times while filling out the answer sheet.

So far so good, Tuesday is the Psycological interview, Wednesday is the Agility test.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Just wait till you're doing a 4-12 in the Academy and gym is your first block! By the time you get to your last class (yawn) so, so sleepy! Maybe I'll swing by the academy and visit.

Hey palmer, that's what I did. S&W followed by a G26. Still wish I went with a G19
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Latest update.  So far I've passed the medical, the Agility, and I found out today I passed my Psyche.  Wednesday I conclude my sessions with my Background Investigator (hopefully) and I think I should be set.  Don't even THINK of tracking me down and trying to take away my cards, Ray.  I'm gonna be a spit and polish Flashlight cop.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#17]
OK, I've finished with the priliminaries.  I've passed everything and my investigator is very optimistic with my Background report. Is all up to the review board and Mayor Bloomberg .  Now if I can just survive jumping everytime the phone rings.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#18]
OK I just recieved my phone call telling me to report to Brooklyn Tech. HS to be sworn in.

Thanks for all your support guys.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Heh, Heh, Heh.
[b][size=6]SECURE YOUR GEAR...MOVE!!![/b][/size=6]

Make sure you iron your demerit cards! I'll be dropping by for a sneak attack.[;)] Ooooh Damn it's gonna be HOT in that academy!!!!
Good Luck P.P.O. Ozaeta
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#23]
That is great, congratulations and GOD Bless You.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Congratulations and good luck in the academy.  I imagine there will be some stress to it but its not anything you can't get through.  The fun is just beginning, you have 20 more years of good times to come.  It will never stop being interesting.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#25]
congrats and welcome to the brotherhood.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:51:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Man, talk about totally changing faces.  All the investigators, detectives, officers that were so helpful duning the initial screening process seemed to totally wig out once they put their dress uniforms on.  Yelling, screaming, cussing.  If I wasn't afraid of getting my first card taken away from me I would have been on the floor rolling.  It was some sight.  We had to sit in a hot auditorium for hours and hours.  That combined with us getting up no later than 4 am, well a few guys noded off.  I won't lie, I got lucky.  I was reading my manual for a bit, holding it up when I dozed off.  It dropped and fell on my legs which of course woke me up just as one of the officers was comming up the isle to check for nappers. I think a dozen guys lost their first cards today.  One poor guy lost 2 when he wasn't in his seat after a 10 minute break.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, us "probies" have these cards that we must carry with us at all times.  If we get caught doing something not up to par, we loose a card to the witnessing officer who then sends it in.  Something like a 3 stikes and yer out kinda thing.

Anyways, I found out we get sworn in three times.  Today was technical one, tommorow Mayor bloomberg gives us a "official" swearing in and the Cerimonial Swearing in is when we finally graduate the academy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:13:57 AM EDT
[#29]
[b][size=6]FRONT LEANING REST!!![/b][/size=6]

at this point you will assume the push-up position. You will learn to hate these words. You will hear it many times.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#30]
GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME ABOARD! STUDY HARD, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND EARS OPEN AND YOU WILL BE FINE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top